• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant New Web Site Pamperedchef.com....

In summary, the new web site is cumbersome to use. The customer needs to correctly type the first name, last name, city and state. Other companies will let the customer search for consultants by name. PC does not have this option.
gigi425
I went to the new web site and tried to find myself. A customer needs to correctly type the first name, last name, city and state. Does anyone else think this is too cumbersome? I live in a rural area and market in lots of small towns. I normally don't put my city of residence on my stamps, etc. I called PC and suggested they add the option of just having to enter our six digit consultant number. We know that won't be duplicated, and its easier for the customer to just type in six digits. We can make sure its on all our labels and stamps. Otherwise, I'll have to make sure I have my city and state on every label....in case a customer goes to the .com site instead of my .biz site.

If anyone agrees there should be an option of just entering the consultant number, please call PC and make that suggestion. Maybe if enough of us complain, they will change it.

It's always been that way - nothing new.My customers can find me because my info is plastered on EVERYTHING I hand out. The main PC website hasn't ever even entered into the equation, really.

I have an unusually spelled first and last name. I found that if I type in just the beginning of my last name, and my city, I found myself. I can also find myself with a surrounding city.

However, if I misspell any part of it, it doesn't find me. This frustrates me because it's very common for people to drop the second O in my name. I have sent HO an email in the past, but no changes have occurred. The search feature has been like this for a while, even before the visual changes the other day.

Other companies will just let you pull up consultants in your area, I have found consultants who I could not remember their name this way. I would love to see them change it to that, but again, I don't think I have ever had anyone use the option we have now so it might not matter.

cincychef said:
Other companies will just let you pull up consultants in your area, I have found consultants who I could not remember their name this way. I would love to see them change it to that, but again, I don't think I have ever had anyone use the option we have now so it might not matter.

HO has to walk a fine line between doing that vs. directing fresh leads into the Home Office Lead System that Team Leaders and above are eligible for. I just wish it was a bit more forgiving with spelling.

NooraK said:
I just wish it was a bit more forgiving with spelling.

I tried out the system and was surprised by the results.

I'm listed as David Barton in Rancho Mirage, CA

I said I was looking for Dave Barton in Palm Springs, CA (8 miles from Rancho Mirage)

I'll be damned if it didn't pull up: David Barton in Rancho Mirage, CA

RMDave said:
I tried out the system and was surprised by the results.

I'm listed as David Barton in Rancho Mirage, CA

I said I was looking for Dave Barton in Palm Springs, CA (8 miles from Rancho Mirage)

I'll be damned if it didn't pull up: David Barton in Rancho Mirage, CA

I'm happy to know that works for you :)

Unfortunately for me, while it apparently recognizes Dave and David being possible variations of the same name, it does not recognize Nora as a misspelling of Noora. I can find myself in Woodstock (where I live), or any of the surrounding cities as Noora, but I cannot find myself as Nora in any of the cities.

My last name is hyphenated and the company has me listed with no spaces between them. If someone searches for me using one of my last names or adds a space between the hyphen, or leaves the hyphen out....I can't be found. Frustrating.

I have my website listed in my ctc info, so the guests using the info from the catalog will automatically go there. Allowing someone to search for us by consultant number would not be helpful as that would be harder to remember, and if they're using ctc info from materials then they already have my website.

You'd think that a person could just type the first and last name the best they know how, and then it would show them a list of the closest options.

I agree Amanda. I need to make a list and send the suggestions to tech support.

I looked myself up using an incorrect spelling - my last name is Blanchard and I put in Blankard (because for some reason that is how it is commonly mispronounced?!) and a neighboring town and I found myself. However, any incorrect spelling of my first name - and a lot of people put to "r"s in Sharon and it doesn't show up.

I agree with Amanda!! Maybe if we ALL call HO they will look into it??

I tried to fool it and put in my name with the largest nearby city--and it came out my name and my town.

I go by my middle name and it came up with listing my first name. But if don't spell it correctly nothing comes up. One year at conference I finally got a HO person put it in the computer that I prefer to use my middle name.

This is annoying!I entered my first (which is easily spelled with no variations) and last name (the most common on the planet!) and Kent, a nearby city, and found myself.But what if somebody thought I lived in Ravenna, which is the town where I work?Nope. Can't find me, even though most of my shows are in that area!What about Barberton, a town less than 30 minutes west, where I used to go to church?Nada.Cuyahoga Falls, just 8-10 miles away, where I now go to church and volunteer, often wearing logo wear?Zip!Not even Akron ... the largest city in the area WHERE I ACTUALLY LIVE nor could it find me in Kent when I tried it again!Something is seriously wrong! And I sympathize with people in rural areas. Most people don't know what "city" to enter for towns with no post office!

I have found, that if I search and find myself once, if I try again, I can't find myself, even with the correct information.

Have you tried to close out the browser window between searches? That works for me when I'm trying different combinations.

Blast those cookies!I had to a) open Firefox (I use Safari at work) and load the web site.Then I had to clear cookies AND quit Firefox before it would let me find myself again.A quick search helped me find me in Ravenna, Tallmadge and Cuyahoga Falls but ONLY after I followed those steps.

1. What is the purpose of the new Pamperedchef.com website?

The new Pamperedchef.com website was designed to provide a seamless and user-friendly shopping experience for our customers. It also serves as a hub for all the latest products, recipes, and cooking tips from Pampered Chef.

2. Can I still access my previous orders and account information on the new website?

Yes, you can still access all of your previous orders and account information on the new Pamperedchef.com website. Simply log in with your existing account credentials to view your order history and manage your account.

3. How do I find a specific product on the new website?

The new Pamperedchef.com website has a search bar located at the top of the page. You can type in the name or product number of the item you are looking for and the website will show you all available options.

4. Can I still host a party or fundraiser through the new website?

Yes, you can still host a party or fundraiser through the new Pamperedchef.com website. Simply click on the “Host a Party” or “Fundraise with Us” button on the homepage and follow the prompts to get started.

5. Is the new website mobile-friendly?

Yes, the new Pamperedchef.com website is optimized for mobile devices, making it easy to shop and browse on your phone or tablet. You can also download our mobile app for even more convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mtayloruh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mtayloruh
  • sandilou
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • michellelinda