• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Date Night-Tonight- Going to See Fireproof

In summary, Trina and Rae are going to see Fireproof, with Kirk Cameron, and Sue is jealous because she will not be able to go. DH and DSD are going to see it with Trina.
mrssyvo
DH and I are going to dinner and a movie- We are going to see Fireproof, with Kirk Cameron. Has anyone seen the trailer for this?? I watched it this morning, and cried, just from the trailer. You can see it at Welcome To FireProofMyMarriage.com . I have heard nothing but great things about this movie, and we are excited to see it.

Have fun! Is it playing in regular theatre's or is a limited release? I haven't even heard of it...

I've only heard about it on K-Love. I wonder if it will be all over. I would like to see it, too.

It is showing in 850 theatres - opening tonight. It is in all the theatres around me. Go to the web-site, and you can search the theaters to see if there is one in your area.

Same people that did this movie also made Facing the Giants however they were not actors but people of a church that did the funding and acting for the most part

Here is a clip of Facing the Giants.... 6 mins but a good clip!!!

YouTube - Facing the Giants

I saw Kirk Cameron on the Today show this week, and he was explaining that he and his wife have been married 17 years, and he made a commitment to her to never kiss another woman, even if called for in a role, so when filming this movie, his wife came in as a stand-in for the kiss. It was real sweet when he was telling about it. He loves what he does, and would only chose roles that support what he believes, and it is not that difficult, all sorts of roles come his way, but the cream rises top the top.

A local church (not my church even!) in my town has purchased 400 tickets and rented a theatre and is using it as a community outreach! I got 12 tickets and am so excited to go and see it tomorrow morning!!

I have one ticket left to give to people! It looks like it will be a good movie.

Trina

Wow! It looks really good. They talked about it on Dr. Phil yesterday. Too bad this is not going to be shown in Canada.

RossDeb2 said:
Wow! It looks really good. They talked about it on Dr. Phil yesterday. Too bad this is not going to be shown in Canada.

Just curious what the review was from Dr. Phil?

I did not see Dr Phil yesterday, but I would be interested in what he had to say. I can not imagine he would have anything bad to say about a movie about restoring your marriage.

A friend of my MILs saw it preview in NYC recently, said it is a movie to be seen with your other half!! Unfortunately mine is always working (I am married to the military!) but heard wonderful things about it.

Have a wonderful time!When it gets anywhere near here, The Furry Guy and I will go. It looks great, and I like to throw financial support behind marriage-friendly and family-friendly projects.

Rae, That is another reason why we are going. We want to encourage more of these types of movies to be made. There are so many movies out lately that are pointless, or disgusting in nature, and we love to go out, but lately there has been nothing worth spending our $$ on. Sad to say, but the industry will not tak enotice, unless there is $$ to be made. The only way that will happen is if we go in large numbers, to support.

Also, the book that they are using in the movie is an actual book (The Love Dare) that will be available in the next few weeks.

I am jealous! I forgot this was starting so soon, I will have to go look and see if it's playing by me so we can go!

I agree with Rae and Sue...it's very important to show the bigwig movie execs that TASTEFUL and GOOD STORIES can sell too! You are right...they won't put the $$ into them, though, unless they think they can make $$. Unfortunately, lots of movies with no morals and horrible storylines can make lots of money, so they will just keep turning them out.

Yeah! It's showing at our local big theater!!

Now to talk DH and DSD to go see it with me! If they bail, maybe I can get some friends together and go!

I saw a brief preview the other day & had no idea what it was about. I just watched the trailer & cried. I am so going to take my DH to see that. We haven't been on a date in a long time (4 kids & he travels alot) so maybe I can convince him to go soon.

raebates said:
Have a wonderful time!

When it gets anywhere near here, The Furry Guy and I will go. It looks great, and I like to throw financial support behind marriage-friendly and family-friendly projects.

It's only playing this weekend...

I sort of feel like DH and I have been UNDER fire the past few years, so I fandango'd a pair of tickets and told DH that we are having a date night tomorrow... we finally found a good church 3 weeks ago, and I think this movie will be a wonderful catalyst to stand steadfast and not let Satan break up or ruin or torment another marriage! I'm excited and will let you know what I think about the movie later this weekend. :)

mrssyvo said:
DH and I are going to dinner and a movie- We are going to see Fireproof, with Kirk Cameron. Has anyone seen the trailer for this?? I watched it this morning, and cried, just from the trailer. You can see it at Welcome To FireProofMyMarriage.com . I have heard nothing but great things about this movie, and we are excited to see it.

Sue- thanks for showing this! I wasn't even going to log on to CS tonight, but for some reason I did- THANKS!! :)

My hubby and I are going to go see it on Tuesday! I am so excited! We haven't been on a date in forever, and we need it!

I just checked. It's playing near us. Now I know what we'll be doing Sunday afternoon.

Here's the link to an article on the movie from "Homelife" magazine which is put out by Lifeway. I get this magazine at church every month and I highly recommend it, I read this article just last night.

http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0%2C1703%2CA%25253D168328%252526M%25253D200796%2C00.html

RossDeb2 said:

Huh? Why not?!!!!!!!!

It's not at my nearest theater yet. I am looking forward to seeing it soon. I know it will be more than worth it. I loved Facing The Giants.

My DD and SIL went to see it tonight! They said it was great! Our church, along with two others in our city, bought all the firefighter personnel two tickets each to go see it. It's an excellent movie from what I have heard. Some of my single gfs & I have talked about going! I hope it stays around a while so we can! It has gotten such limited publicity because it is a Christian movie! What a shame!

We did not get to see it last night- A local church bought out the entire theatre- we have tickets for tonight .

My hubby and I are going tomorrow with our church. I can't wait.

I want to hear some reviews on this one!

My daughter and her hubby just got back from seeing it and she said it was the best movie she had ever seen - that it should be a pre-requisite to marriage. Her DH loved it too. She was worried that it would be sappy and too much of a chick-flick for him but it wasnt. She said it has lots of really funny parts - like scenes at the firehouse and the firemen goofing off (thats enough for me - firemen!!!). I'm so ready to see it now.

DH and I just got back from seeing it- INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you get a chance, go see it!!!! The best movie I have seen in a long time. What I appreciated most about it, was that it was real!!!! Heartfelt, emotional, funny, suspence, frustration- all played out very well. A MUST SEE!!!! DH even shed a tear or 2 !!

My hubby and I saw this last night with some friends from church. It was GREAT!!! I highly recommend this movie to ANYONE. Not only was it a tear jerker, funny and Christ centered, it also really got the message across that marriage is FOREVER!! None of this "we're incompatible" junk that so many people use as an excuse to bail out of their committment. God hates divorce and this movie shows exactly what unconditional love is and should be in all of our lives with our spouses.
If you have an Entertainment coupon booklet you can use the coupons in there for buy one ticket, get one free. This movie is not pass restricted and so you can pay half price for a great movie.
The people that made this movie are the same people that made Flywheel (my fav movie) and Facing the Giants (my kids fav movie). It is excellent and gives hope to those who might be going through a tough time in their marriage. Not only does the movie teach about marriage, but it also teaches about how satan will try to bring people into our lives to deceive us. GO SEE THIS MOVE!

Debbie :D

Okay, DH and I just got back from seeing this movie... first things first.

My father was hit and killed by a train right before my 2nd birthday. So when that train got close to Ray (I think that was the black gentleman's name) I FLIPPED out! His helmet hit the train and I saw a spark and I almost had to leave the theater- I did finally pull myself together, and went to the bathroom to collect myself and went back in to see the rest of the movie. DH asked if I wanted to leave because of the train scene, and I said no.

Holy Cow!!!! You HAVE to go see this movie!!!! Amazing!!! DH even opened the car door for me tonight and he hasn't done that since we were dating! It made me cry, which made him cry, and we basically went through half a box of kleenex while at the movie... I'm pretty sure the old guy next to me thought we were saps!

It was amazing! I want to get the book and start the devotional/bible study! DH thanked me for the surprise date night and I promised that all our date nights would not result in both of us crying like big fat babies!

It was a wonderful movie and I cannot wait to implement these practices in our marriage and then go give the book to the Christian marriage counselor we had that told us several times to just call it quits...because we never should have gotten married in the first place.

Go see this movie!!! And, most of the firemen in this movie are a little pudgy, but Kirk Cameron is still a very nice looking man! :)

It's on in a neighboring town today. The Furry Guy and I are going out to dinner after church and catching the movie. I can't wait. He's seen a couple of the Kirk Cameron interviews, and he's looking forward to seeing it, too. This is a really big deal, actually. The Furry Guy rarely goes to theaters to see movies. He wasn't to see this one for two reasons--(1) it look really good, and (2) he agrees that we need to support this movie financially.

The movie is US release only. How disappointing! I read on the another board that we can order it when it comes to DVD release. I would have really like to see the movie. There is the option of crossing the border and driving for an hour to see it in the states. We'll see, its pretty far to drive for a movie!

DH & I are going this evening~the kiddos are going to see "Igor" while we are at "Fireproof". I am really looking forward to seeing this movie!

I saw this last night with my husband- I LOVED IT!!! It's an amazing movie. I laughed, I cried (happy & sad tears), you name it. The message is wonderful, and gave me a lot to think about as far as improving my own marriage. It was also nice & refreshing to see a movie that shows God working in peoples' lives. I highly recommend seeing it if you can!!

OMGosh~you have GOT to see this movie & take tissues! What a wonderful story and such a great thing to live by. I am forever telling our kids that we are all we have and we have to love each other llike there is no tomorrow. That means sacrifice and sometimes just letting the other person be right or not be wrong is worht the love you will get in the end! I LOVED this movie and the message it held for not just marriage, but all relationships!! GO GO GO!!!

I heard about this movie and thought it sounded really good; I'm glad to hear positive reviews so far!! Sounds like it gives some nice reminders about how to treat our significant others :)

Wonderful movie! The Furry Guy and I both loved it.

Inside joke for those who have already seen the movie:

Tomato juice!

I just saw on Yahoo that it is #4 for the weekend! IMPRESSIVE!

I loved it! Awesome movie...I agree with whoever said it should be a prerequisite to getting married..I am going to get the book (Love Dare)...It really hit home for me...

Trina

Wow, #4? That's awesome!

The books aren't available at the library yet...bummer! I can't wait to see the movie!

I someone skipped this thread and didn't realize what it was...yeah, imagine that a firefighter not reading a thread with Fireproof in the title????Anyway, there was a posting at camp for this. I'll have to check into it so we can maybe go see it...or at least rent it AS SOON as it comes out. :)Glad you all have enjoyed it so far.There is a marriage seminar at our church this W/E which we cannot attend because I am working at a Women's Retreat, and the next W/E when we have the same marriage seminar at camp, my MIL and FIL will be here. But if anyone gets a chance to hear Rick Marks speak...do it!...and if anyone needs something to do October 10-12 with their spouse, well here you go:http://www.fortwilderness.com/pages/adult.html#couples_retreat

Here is an interesting page too:http://marriageforlife.org/component/option,com_fabrik/Itemid,40/

Hey, just watched the trailer and caught this link too:Welcome To FireProofMyMarriage.comThose are alarming odds and are realistic. Our volunteer dept. just lost our Asst. Chief and EMS Captain due to a pending divorce. This put strain on our family as we fill in the gaps to pick up what they left behind. Luckily for us, firefighting is a FAMILY affair and we guard our marriage and don't let firefighting rule it.I encourage you to check out the links.

I am SOOO excited... I ordered two The Love Dare books and the marriage study... it is on its way to my house right now! :) I can't wait to start!!!

Look at what I found:http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=4611XL&netp_id=557202&event=HPT&item_code=WW&view=coversI might just have to get one in my size! ;)

Here is a woman's tee on Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ECOAKE/?tag=pfamazon01-20

COOL!!!!!!!!!!! I like the "mans" shirt better! Go for it, Janet!!! Have you seen the movie yet? It is worth getting a babysitter and paying full price for...and I don't say that about pretty much any movie Hollyweird puts out!

<h2>1. What is Fireproof and who is in it?</h2><p>Fireproof is a 2008 Christian drama film starring Kirk Cameron as the main character. It tells the story of a firefighter struggling with his marriage and his faith.</p><h2>2. Is Fireproof a family-friendly movie?</h2><p>Yes, Fireproof is a family-friendly movie that promotes strong values and a positive message about marriage and faith.</p><h2>3. How long is Fireproof?</h2><p>The runtime for Fireproof is approximately 1 hour and 58 minutes.</p><h2>4. Can we watch the trailer for Fireproof online?</h2><p>Yes, the trailer for Fireproof is available to watch on the official website, WelcomeToFireProofMyMarriage.com.</p><h2>5. Are there any reviews or feedback about Fireproof?</h2><p>There have been many positive reviews and feedback about Fireproof, with many viewers sharing how the movie has impacted their own marriages and relationships. You can also find reviews and ratings on popular movie websites such as Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb.</p>

Related to Date Night-Tonight- Going to See Fireproof

1. What is Fireproof and who is in it?

Fireproof is a 2008 Christian drama film starring Kirk Cameron as the main character. It tells the story of a firefighter struggling with his marriage and his faith.

2. Is Fireproof a family-friendly movie?

Yes, Fireproof is a family-friendly movie that promotes strong values and a positive message about marriage and faith.

3. How long is Fireproof?

The runtime for Fireproof is approximately 1 hour and 58 minutes.

4. Can we watch the trailer for Fireproof online?

Yes, the trailer for Fireproof is available to watch on the official website, WelcomeToFireProofMyMarriage.com.

5. Are there any reviews or feedback about Fireproof?

There have been many positive reviews and feedback about Fireproof, with many viewers sharing how the movie has impacted their own marriages and relationships. You can also find reviews and ratings on popular movie websites such as Rotten Tomatoes and IMDb.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Michelle817
Replies
Views
urbnk8
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane