• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?

In summary, The conversation is about the impact of a potential storm in Florida and how the participants are preparing for it. One person shares their experience of preparing for previous storms and how this time they were well-prepared. The conversation also touches upon the possibility of more storms in the future and the decision to move back to Florida.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey Carolyn! I am checking on you to see how you're fairing with the storm? I am in Palm Bay/Melbourne and it should be here soon. We have minimal rain now but expect to pick up some very soon.

Let us know!:D

Aw!! Thanks for checking in on me!!
We went NUTS Monday and Tuesday preparing for the storm -- bought TONS of supplies at Publix, backed up the computers, turned down the freezers, brought in all the lawn furniture, took the slide off the jungle-gym...my poor husband beat the heck out of himself putting up the shutters (thankfully our 2nd floor has accordon style so they're easier than downstairs)...then we hunkered down with the flashlights at our sides...AND NOTHING HAPPENED!!! We had some rain, some very mild wind, a few claps of thunder...and that's IT. It's still raining a bit on & off right now as the bands come through...but this torm wa sa nothing-storm (thankfully). I hope it continues to weaken as it moves up toward the rest of you.

This reminds me of last season -- Katrina was a big orry for us and then did minimal damage...followed a few weeks later by Wilma which was catastrophic to our area. I pray we don't get a repeat of that.

Stay safe - and thanks for your concern :)

No problem! I know that we will are already feeling it off and on.

I know what you mean by getting everything ready. I did the same thing, went to Publix, put everything away outside and put it in the shed, refilled 2 of my propane tanks. Man, of course the list can go on but I am relieved that it is a nothing storm! Better to be prepared in case it was something!;)

It's funny all all of us floridians really prepared this time. I think that we aren't taking a risk anymore!:D

PampMomof3 said:
No problem! I know that we will are already feeling it off and on.

I know what you mean by getting everything ready. I did the same thing, went to Publix, put everything away outside and put it in the shed, refilled 2 of my propane tanks. Man, of course the list can go on but I am relieved that it is a nothing storm! Better to be prepared in case it was something!;)

It's funny all all of us floridians really prepared this time. I think that we aren't taking a risk anymore!:D

I figure this was a good dry run.
Before Monday I was totally UN-prepared. Our propane tanks were empty, our batteries were dead, etc. So now we are WELL prepared for anything (almost) that comes our way. Wilma was a hard lesson learned and I made a point this week to remember all the things we HATED doing without last year (bug spray, coffee, paper plates, plastic utensils) and I made sure to stock up on those items this week.

Glad to hear the storm turned out to be a small one! Maybe you'll have an easy season down there! Stay safe!

PoseyMom said:
Glad to hear the storm turned out to be a small one! Maybe you'll have an easy season down there! Stay safe!

Thanks Jen!

Its funny; I lived in Flordia for 8 years and no hurricanes. Then we moved almost 4 years ago and its been one hurricane after another. My husband is hoping to get out of the military by the end of the year and we are planning on going back to Florida. That is one of my only concerns now about moving down there is the hurricanes.

janel kelly said:
Its funny; I lived in Flordia for 8 years and no hurricanes. Then we moved almost 4 years ago and its been one hurricane after another. My husband is hoping to get out of the military by the end of the year and we are planning on going back to Florida. That is one of my only concerns now about moving down there is the hurricanes.

Where in Florid aare you planning to move?
I have been here over 10 years and the last 2-3 have been by far the worst storm seasons ever. They are predicting this patter will last another 10+ years :(

Glad to hear you're all prepared! And glad this one weakened...by the way they were talking on tv, it sounds like some of the big thunderstorms we have here in KS! Hopefully they just keep going around the country & into the sea;)

janel kelly said:

We were the same way! We lived in South Florida for four years while my husband went to dental school & then moved back home three years ago. I think we might have had a category one come over us once & we had a few days off work (I was a teacher) for warnings that never amounted to anything. But it seems like since we've moved, they have had a lot go through.

Glad you guys are okay...I swear Ernesto has it out for my family!! My mother lives in West Palm and my FIL lives in Wilmington, NC...I think it's trying to send a message to my fam and let them know that they need to move where we are!!

I lived in Houston for most of my life and hit a few pretty bad storms...I slept through Hurricane Aleshia...anyhoo, there is a cycle of storms being bad for 25-30 years and not so bad for another 25-30 years. We are in the first 5 years of the "bad storms" cycle. Good luck!

I am glad that you guys are safe... In the mean time I will keep you guys in my prayers !!!

I live not to far from Myrtle Beach, SC and the storm come through last night. Mainly all we got was rain and hardly any wind. On the other side of the county, it did knock down trees but other than that nothing. It was so calm I set here on the internet during most of the storm. Our lights went out sometime while we were sleeping but as far as during the major part of the storm we had lights the whole time.
I was very prepared though, i went to the grocery store and got bread, water, etc. and I couldn't believe the bread and water in the grocery store was FULL! I was taking this storm seriously and I don't think most people here were.
Alright I've given my 2 cense. ...Glad everyone's okay!!!

I live in the Naples/Marco Island area. We were directly hit by this "storm." I was really hoping to not go into work but it was only a little rain. It got a little windy in the afternoon for a few minutes. No storm shutter here. The only time we have ever put them is up for Wilma last year where we go a direct hit. Even then we were going outside and being knocked over by the wind! Lots of fun. I made my mom (i still live at home) go to the storE because i needed to practice some recipes and we had NO food in the house! But we survived the "storm"

I'm glad this one wasn't bad! Have a post-storm show to sell all that stoneware!!

Oreos and TangTen years ago when my sister moved to FL I flew down for a visit. While I was there they called for an evacuation of the beaches (Jacksonville area). My brother in law got a hotel reservation and we went to the store to get "supplies". Being two girls born and raised in Ohio, this whole hurricane stuff was new to us. We were amazed at the people grabbing water, bread, and batteries off the shelves as fast as they could stock it. Since we were staying in a hotel we decided we didn't need that stuff so strolled to the snack aisle and bought Oreos and Tang (don't ask, it's a family thing).

When we got to the hotel my brother in law asked what kind of supplies we bought at the store. He about died laughing when he heard we only bought cookies and drink mix!! Now that is the family joke, every hurricane season when my sister starts to pack her box with water, batteries, etc....she always adds Oreos and Tang!!

Now that I live in Georgia, I have a new appreciation for hurricanes!!

We've just had a solid week of rain and wind up here. Not as bad as what others have had to go through, but it has been POURING!

We are planning on moving around the panhandle area near Fort Walton/ Destin area. We'll see...

1. What is "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?"

"Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that features a delicious combination of chicken, vegetables, and seasonings. It is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for busy weeknights.

2. What ingredients do I need to make "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?"

The ingredients for "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?" include chicken breast, broccoli, bell peppers, onion, olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.

3. Can I make "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?" in advance?

Yes, you can prepare the chicken and vegetables ahead of time and store them in the fridge. When you are ready to cook, simply mix everything together and bake according to the instructions.

4. How long does it take to cook "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?"

The total cook time for "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?" is about 30 minutes. However, prep time may vary depending on how long it takes you to chop the vegetables and prepare the chicken.

5. Can I customize the ingredients in "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?"

Yes, you can definitely customize the ingredients in "Dannyzmom~Carolyn, Are You Okay?" to your liking. You can add different vegetables or even switch out the chicken for another protein such as shrimp or tofu.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • daniellemorgan
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Shawnna