• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cutting a Green Chile Frittata Without Scratching the Platter

In summary, to avoid scratching the platter while cutting a Green Chile Frittata, it is recommended to use a sharp knife with a non-serrated edge and place a cutting board or silicone mat underneath. Using a serrated knife is not recommended as it can easily scratch the platter. To prevent scratching, a gentle sawing motion should be used when cutting. If a non-serrated knife is not available, a plastic or silicone knife can be used instead. Any type of platter can be used to serve the Frittata, but the same cutting techniques should be followed to avoid scratches.
tinat51796
I'm making the green chile frittata tomorrow at my show. I don't have a platter to serve it on, what's the best thing to use to cut it? Obviously I don't want to do anything to scratch it...I borrowed it from my director. Thanks!

Do you have the nylon knife? there was a pink one last year for HWC, and in March is the sea green color. I would advise using one of those. If you can't get your hands on one, I would try to us the mini serving spatula. But be careful, or cut on a cutting board first. HTH

The nylon turner will go through it, too, since it's just eggs. It looks prettiest cut into wedges, but it's easier to serve (especially a lot of servings) if you cut it into squares.

tinat51796 said:
I'm making the green chile frittata tomorrow at my show. I don't have a platter to serve it on, what's the best thing to use to cut it? Obviously I don't want to do anything to scratch it...I borrowed it from my director. Thanks!

You can always ask the host if she has a platter and use something of hers --

I used the nylon turner when I made it for shows.

I don't turn it out onto a platter (BTW, I don't put chicken in the recipe, I think it's better w/out).

I still have my nylon Slice 'N Serve so I use that (I just don't talk about it at all). As Ann said, it's just eggs so a nylon turner should work fine.

I don't have the nylon knife...but I want to get one. I remembered the nylon turner just as I was falling asleep last night. I think I'll use that. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Related to Cutting a Green Chile Frittata Without Scratching the Platter

1. How do I cut a Green Chile Frittata without scratching the platter?

To avoid scratching the platter, use a sharp knife with a non-serrated edge. Place a cutting board or silicone mat underneath the platter to protect it while cutting.

2. Can I use a serrated knife to cut the Frittata?

We recommend using a non-serrated knife to cut the Green Chile Frittata. Serrated knives can easily scratch the surface of the platter.

3. Is there a specific cutting technique I should use?

To prevent scratching, we suggest using a gentle sawing motion when cutting the Frittata. This will help to evenly distribute pressure and minimize any potential scratches.

4. What if I don't have a non-serrated knife?

If you don't have a non-serrated knife, you can also use a plastic or silicone knife to cut the Frittata. These materials are less likely to cause scratches on the platter.

5. Can I use a different type of platter to serve the Frittata?

Yes, you can use any type of platter to serve the Green Chile Frittata. Just be sure to follow the same cutting techniques to avoid scratching the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • masterschef