• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Doesn't Want Another Replacement

In summary, two round stones with handles broke within 6 months of purchase on two different occasions. The first customer had to replace the stone within the warranty period, and the second customer had to deal with a customer who was unhappy with her replacement stone and wanted something else.
pcchefmichelle
So at a show I had in Dec., two gals bought the round stone with handles. Both of them broke. I replaced the first one in February. Well, just got a call, it broke again. Now the customer is ticked and said she doesn't want a replacement, she wants something else. Will HO do that?

Call them and ask.

pcchefmichelle said:
So at a show I had in Dec., two gals bought the round stone with handles. Both of them broke. I replaced the first one in February. Well, just got a call, it broke again. Now the customer is ticked and said she doesn't want a replacement, she wants something else. Will HO do that?

Yes, they should, esp. since it's within the warranty period. It would be good to call HO and tell them, though, so they know that this person is unhappy with her stone and the fact that 2 broke within 6 months of purchase on her!

I have to ask, because there was another thread discussing these stones breaking so often - did these customers place dense, frozen food on the stone, then put it in the oven? We know this will cause them to break. I wonder if there is a pattern of another cause, too.

Sarah

But, they SHOULD be able to put frozen pizza on them and then heat them up in the oven!!! That is just wrong that they are breaking b/c of that - I will lose a LOT of customers if that is the case!!

I've never had issues with mine and haven't heard from any customers either.I would actually have her call HO, just so you don't play phone tag between the two. She can tell them exactly what happened and what she would like to do about it.

Yes, she can do an exchange. As mentioned above, they (HO) do need to know exactly what she wants for the exchange and then they'll give a ref. # and a $$ amount if there is a difference.

I read earlier threads that mentioned problems with the round stone with handles and thought Whew! thank goodness my customers aren't having problems.....of course, you guessed it, THREE round stone with handles broken just this week and one last week! :mad:

I think HO would WANT to keep a customer happy - they have to empathize with her - I certainly do - I don't know if I could be bothered.

I am sure HO will be good about it :) - whether YOU phone OR the CUSTOMER

cathyskitchen said:
But, they SHOULD be able to put frozen pizza on them and then heat them up in the oven!!! That is just wrong that they are breaking b/c of that - I will lose a LOT of customers if that is the case!!

Cathy...

You CAN put frozen "precooked" foods directly on them without thawing. (Pizza, nuggets, fries, etc.) Just not DENSE FROZEN foods (chicken breast, a roast, etc.)

Also...make sure they are using the proper size for what they are baking. You don't want one or two chicken breasts for an entire large bar pan or something like that. About 2/3 of the surface area needs to be covered by the food so you don't create hot spots.

HTH

ththhavingaboy_afb.gif

pampchefsarah said:
I have to ask, because there was another thread discussing these stones breaking so often - did these customers place dense, frozen food on the stone, then put it in the oven? We know this will cause them to break. I wonder if there is a pattern of another cause, too.

Sarah

Nope. One time she put a frozen pizza. The second time, she just had it sitting in the oven for storing (oven was not on) and it broke. It broke in the same exact spot both times too.

I have a customer who was in this same situation. The second time the stone with handles broke, HO let her exchange it for the plain round stone & just reimbursed the few $ difference. It should be no problem! :D

(Plus, then she ordered a rack from me...and a few other things)

Hmmm...after all of this talk, I am glad that I kept with my Large Round Stone! I love the concept of the one with the handles, but I am sure that where the handles attach, it would have to be a weaker spot, and could break more easily.

OP- since it will be outside of her 30 days, HO will probably say she needs to pay to ship it back. I would CALL and do the adjustment....and explain what has happened (TWICE) and see if they will pay to pick it up as a courtesy. Never hurts to ask!

Related to Customer Doesn't Want Another Replacement

What if the customer doesn't want another replacement?

If the customer is not satisfied with the replacement item, we offer a full refund or store credit. Our goal is to ensure our customers are completely happy with their purchase.

Can the customer request a different product as a replacement?

Yes, the customer can request a different product as a replacement as long as it is of equal or lesser value. If the requested product is of higher value, the customer will be responsible for paying the difference.

How long does the customer have to request a replacement?

The customer has 30 days from the date of purchase to request a replacement. After that, our return and exchange policy may apply.

What if the replacement item is out of stock?

If the replacement item is out of stock, we will offer a similar item or a store credit. Our customer service team will work with the customer to find the best solution.

Does the customer have to return the item in order to receive a replacement?

If the customer is not satisfied with the item, we will send a prepaid return label for them to ship the item back to us. Once we receive the item, we will send out the replacement or issue a refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCKHall
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Suzballard
  • Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies