• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crispy Pizza Crust on Stones: Tips and Tricks

In summary, to achieve a crispy pizza crust when using stones, leave it in the oven a bit longer than stated to remove extra moisture. Placing the stones on the lower rack of the oven works best. Pre-heating the stone is not necessary, but some prefer it for extra crispy crust. However, be careful not to preheat frozen pizza dough as it may cause thermal shock. Additionally, using parchment paper to roll out the dough and slide it onto the hot stone is a popular method for achieving a crispy crust. It is also worth noting that preheating stones is not recommended as it may cause damage.
Jillmami
Is there any way to get crispy pizza crust when using the stones?

all the time, just leave it in the oven a bit longer than stated. Takes the extra moisture out of your crust and will crisp it right up. I use mine for crispy french fries as well.

I find it works best when put in the lower rack of the oven as well.

Yeah, I always tell people that the lower rack is where they want to put stones for crispy pizza crust.

I also like to pre-heat my stone (I know you don't have to). I roll my dough out on parchment paper and slide it onto the hot stone in the oven, paper and all. We like extra crispy crust in our house!!

shelly.nurse said:
I also like to pre-heat my stone (I know you don't have to). I roll my dough out on parchment paper and slide it onto the hot stone in the oven, paper and all. We like extra crispy crust in our house!!

Be very careful, you are not supposed to preheat the stones, it may cause thermal shock.

I haven't had any issues yet, I use home made dough, so it is at room temp from the rising phase.

I have the old style pizza stone, which I got before becoming a consultant. I have used it so much, it is black and no amount of scrubbing with the baking soda paste will take that off!

wadesgirl said:
Be very careful, you are not supposed to preheat the stones, it may cause thermal shock.

As long as it's not frozen pizza dough, she should be just fine. I do the same thing all the time - not with pizza dough, but with cookie dough. I take it out of the oven, and while it's still hot, I slide another batch of cookies on it, and pop it back in the oven. Been doing it like that for years!

1. How do I achieve a crispy crust with the Pampered Chef Stone?

To achieve a crispy crust with the Pampered Chef Stone, preheat your oven to the recommended temperature and place the stone in the oven while it preheats. Once the oven is fully preheated, place your food directly onto the hot stone and bake according to the recipe instructions.

2. Can I use the Pampered Chef Stone for frozen pizzas?

Yes, you can use the Pampered Chef Stone for frozen pizzas. Preheat the oven and stone as directed and then place the frozen pizza directly onto the hot stone. Bake according to the recommended time on the pizza packaging.

3. Do I need to preheat the Pampered Chef Stone before each use?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Pampered Chef Stone before each use. This helps to ensure that the stone is heated evenly and will result in a crispy crust.

4. How do I clean the Pampered Chef Stone?

To clean the Pampered Chef Stone, allow it to cool completely and then use warm water and a gentle scrub brush to remove any food residue. Do not use soap or detergent as it can be absorbed into the stone and affect the taste of your food.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef Stone on the grill?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Stone can be used on the grill. Make sure to preheat the stone on the grill for at least 10 minutes before placing your food on it. Use caution when handling the hot stone and follow the same cleaning instructions as when using it in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjaclyn
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • Natashya Giardina