• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Ideas for Using a Springform Pan Set - Get Inspired!

In summary, during a discussion about using the Springform Pan Set, an individual shares several ideas for different types of desserts that can be made with the pan, including a colonial trifle, crown of jewels, pineapple mousse dessert, chocolatissimo torte, ice cream pie, chocolate souffle cake, and chocolate mousse cake. The recipes include a variety of ingredients such as gelatin, lady fingers, Dream Whip, pineapple, and chocolate.
raebates
Staff member
I was being a good girl tonight, making my CC calls, when a customer asked for ideas for using the Springform Pan Set.

So, beyond what's available through CC, anyone have any ideas?

Anyone?

Anyone?

(Sorry. Ferris Beuller flashback.)

YummyFunny you should ask that. I was actually researching this yesterday. I have a couple of customers who ordered the springform pan and have this idea that it's only for cheesecake. But it's not!

Here are some ideas:

COLONIAL TRIFLE

2 tbsp. sherry, vermouth or lemon juice
1 lg. can fruit ****tail, well drained (save juice)
1 pkg. plain gelatin, unflavored
1 pkg. vanilla pudding, cooking kind
1/2 pt. heavy cream, whipped
2-3 pkg. Lady Fingers
Springform pan

In a heavy saucepan, put juice, gelatin and pudding, stir constantly and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from stove and add sherry and half of fruit ****tail, stir and put pan in refrigerator to cool, about 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, line springform pan with Lady Fingers, standing straight up and line bottom until all is covered. Remove pan from refrigerator and fold in whipped cream until it takes on a creamy look. Carefully and slowly pour into springform pan. Decorate top with remaining fruit ****tail, cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours minimum.

CROWN OF JEWELS

1 pkg. (3 oz.) orange Jello
1 pkg. (3 oz.) cherry Jello
1 pkg. (3 oz.) lime Jello
1 pkg. (3 oz.) blackberry Jello
4 c. boiling water
2 c. cold water
2 pkgs. lady fingers
1 (9 inch) springform pan

One day ahead: Prepare Jello's in separate pans. Chill. Using 1 cup boiling water, 1/2 cup cold water per each package.
Next day: Cube Jello's 1/2" cubes. Set aside a few of each flavor for garnish on top of cake.

Mix: 1/4 c. sugar 1 c. boiling water 1/2 c. canned pineapple juice 2 env. Dream Whip whipped topping

Dissolve lemon gelatin and sugar in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in pineapple juice. Chill until slightly thickened (like egg whites).

Prepare both packages Dream Whip as directed on package. Blend into the slightly thickened lemon Jello. Fold in 3/4 of each pan of Jello's.

PINEAPPLE MOUSSE DESSERT

1 10" Springform pan
1 box chocolate wafers
1/4 c. butter
2 eggs, well beaten
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 pt. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 (19 oz.) can crushed pineapple
1 pkg. Knox gelatin

Remove 12 wafers from package to line your pan, standing up. Crush remaining wafers and add 1/4 cup butter. Spread on bottom of pan.
Cream 1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Add beaten eggs. Cream thoroughly then spread over crumbs in pan. Add your well drained pineapple to the powdered gelatin, stir good and add to your whipping cream (fold in). Refrigerate overnight. This is a great party dessert.

CHOCOLATISSIMO TORTE

10 sq. semi sweet chocolate
1 tsp. instant coffee
1 1/4 c. butter, unsalted
1 1/4 c. sugar
10 eggs, separated
Need springform pan (9 inch)

Melt chocolate and coffee in double boiler. Cream butter and sugar in bowl add cooled chocolate. Add egg yolks 1 at a time, beat 15 minutes. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff, fold into chocolate. Refrigerate 1/4 of mixture. Pour the rest into 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
Cool completely. Spread remaining 1/4 mixture over top. Chill overnight. Garnish with confectioners' sugar.

ICE CREAM PIE

1 box chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
1/2 c. butter, melted
3 c. softened chocolate ice cream
3 c. softened vanilla ice cream
5 to 6 Heath bars, crushed (Skor candy bars can also be used)
Chocolate syrup
8 inch springform pan (if you have a large pan, use more ice cream!)

Layer 1 1/4 cups cookie crumbs mixed with melted butter on bottom. Press with fingers to shape. Spread chocolate ice cream over. Drizzle syrup, sprinkle with crushed candy bars (4 to 5) and some of the remaining chocolate wafers. Layer vanilla ice cream, top with more syrup, remaining candy bars and cookies. Freeze overnight.

CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE CAKE

7 eggs
7 oz. semi sweet chocolate
1 c. white sugar
1 stick sweet butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. lemon juice
Springform pan, greased and floured

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Separate eggs, beat yolks and 3/4 cup sugar. Melt chocolate and butter on top of double boiler. Take chocolate mixture. Mix with vanilla and yolk mixture. Beat egg whites and lemon juice until soft peaks form. Slowly pour in 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. Take egg mixture and fold into chocolate mixture. Pour 3/4 batter into springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes (or until center springs back with touch). Remaining batter can go on top when cake cools.
NOTE: All of batter can be placed in pan increase cooking time at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE

MOUSSE:

18 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 squares Baker's unsweetened chocolate
3 whole eggs
6 separated eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 3/4 c. heavy cream

COOKIE CRUST:

2 1/2 c. chocolate chocolate chips cookies
2 1/2 c. vanilla wafers
1 1/4 sticks butter, melted
Springform pan

MOUSSE: Melt all chocolate and then remove from heat and let cool slightly so eggs won't cook when they are added. Beat in 3 whole eggs. After beating in 3 whole eggs, beat in 6 egg yolks, one at a time, then add vanilla.
In separate bowl, beat egg whites until form a peak. Then fold into chocolate mixture. Whip 3 cups heavy cream and fold into chocolate mixture. Spoon into springform pan and chill. Best if chilled overnight. Top with 3/4 cup of whipped cream if desired, before serving.

COOKIE CRUST: Make all cookies into crumbs. Mix with melted butter and press firmly into greased springform pan and chill until firm. Delicious!

That should keep you busy! My customers love these recipes. And I have more I found online!! I just revise them to suit our tools!

Debbie :D

Thanks so much, Debbie. I'm sure these will satisfy her.

If you haven't done this already I am going to cut and paste these recipes and put them in a word format as other uses for the spring form pan. Thanks Debbie for looking into this.

This is what I have in my files from awhile back!

Attachments

• springform%2520pan%2520booklet%5B1%5D.doc
    117.5 KB · Views: 421
jenniferknapp said:
This is what I have in my files from awhile back!

That's a great booklet, thanks JK for posting it here!

Teresa Lynn said:
make a 7 layer dip

Teresa, can you elaborate on the recipe? Thanks.

Thanks for all the great ideas!The really funny thing was that this woman was completely confused when I called. She never knew the host of the show for which she was a guest. She placed an outside order through her daughter, who works with the host. So, when I mentioned that I was the consultant at Rebekah's show, she had no idea who Rebekah was.Glad I made that call, though. She asked for a catalog and my contact info. Possible new loyal customer? I certainly hope so!

7 layer dip
layer in springform pan refrigerate several hours.

1. 1 pound ground beef cooked with 1 medium onion and drained season with taco seasoning
2. refried beans
3 shredded cheese
4 tomatoes
5 black olives
6 guacamole
7 sour cream (pipe on top layer with EAD)
If it is a holiday or football party, I gently place a cookie cutter in center and fill with diced black olives or tomatoes or shredded cheese.
Lift cookie cutter straight up
Refrgierate and remove collar before serving

Thanks, Teresa!

What is a springform pan set?

A springform pan set is a set of baking pans that have removable sides and a bottom that can be released by a latch. This allows for easy removal of delicate baked goods, such as cheesecakes and tortes, without damaging them.

How many pans come in a springform pan set?

Typically, a springform pan set includes three pans in different sizes, such as 8-inch, 9-inch, and 10-inch. However, the number and sizes of pans may vary depending on the specific set.

Can I use a springform pan for regular baking?

Yes, you can use a springform pan for any type of baking, such as cakes, bread, and even savory dishes like quiches. The removable sides and bottom make it easy to release the baked goods without damaging them.

What are some ideas for using a springform pan set?

A springform pan set is perfect for making layered cakes, cheesecakes, tarts, and even deep-dish pizzas. You can also use it for making savory dishes like lasagna or quiche. Additionally, you can use the pans separately for baking different types of bread or for creating individual-sized desserts.

How do I clean and maintain my springform pan set?

To clean your springform pan set, hand wash it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing it. Avoid using harsh scrubbers or metal utensils that can scratch the non-stick surface. If properly maintained, a springform pan set can last for many years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
floccies
  • pamperedchef88
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
racuruk
  • PamperChefCarol
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies