• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creative Bookings: A Fun and Effective Strategy for Direct Sales Consultants

I think its a great idea!You could definitely do this with different values. The higher the value, the more likely someone is to take action. I think $10 is a good place to start, then add other goodies as needed.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I got this idea from a Fellow consultant... what you do is get three little boxes.. ( Joanns, or Michaels craftstores) I bougth little chinesse boxes with poka dots on them..... they had spring colors on them ( but you don't have to do that) they cost me a dollar each. I opened up my March Calender and picked three dates that I wanted have shows... I cut out little pieces of paper wrote the dates on them, and taped them to the front of the boxes.. I didnt' write anything other than the 8th,15th, and 10th on them, then I took a catalog cut out three items took tissue paper with each little item and wrapped it up and stuck in side each of the boxes... Bring them to a show, sit them in a visbale spot so the guest can see them. It has them wondering what is inside of the boxes..... they ask you questions.... The idea is if they pick the date that is on the box and book and hold a cooking show... they get what is inside of the box!!! I got three booking from a show with this idea!!!

I really like this idea! too cute!

That is cute. I might have to use your idea!!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I got this idea from a Fellow consultant... what you do is get three little boxes.. ( Joanns, or Michaels craftstores) I bougth little chinesse boxes with poka dots on them..... they had spring colors on them ( but you don't have to do that) they cost me a dollar each. I opened up my March Calender and picked three dates that I wanted have shows... I cut out little pieces of paper wrote the dates on them, and taped them to the front of the boxes.. I didnt' write anything other than the 8th,15th, and 10th on them, then I took a catalog cut out three items took tissue paper with each little item and wrapped it up and stuck in side each of the boxes... Bring them to a show, sit them in a visbale spot so the guest can see them. It has them wondering what is inside of the boxes..... they ask you questions.... The idea is if they pick the date that is on the box and book and hold a cooking show... they get what is inside of the box!!! I got three booking from a show with this idea!!!
Sounds like another version of book to look! What items did you put in them, just curious?
I tried this with a Valentines show but gave everyone a box to hold (more tempting) or so I thought, well not 1 but a maybe? Didn't work for me, glad it worked for ya!

I put a microplane grater, food chooper, and the classic batter bowl...... I left the sitting where everyone was looking at them... they asked me about it all through the show, I kept saying you will find out.... :D Remeber Maybe means yes.......

I also saw some cute take out boxes at World Market.

Great job!

This was actually in the book to look thread. I did the same and got some boxes. Haven't tried them out, but can't wait to at my next show!

I had two shows... one on Friday night and the other on Saturday afternoon,, Well me stupid open my mouth and said what they were on Friday night... so know one really bought that idea... but on Saturday they loved it!!! I guess it is all on how youprsent your pitch

I love all the ideas to get bookings, its hard not to try them all out at once though! LOL!!!

I did that last year too, except I used plastic Easter Eggs. It was a big hit!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I had two shows... one on Friday night and the other on Saturday afternoon,, Well me stupid open my mouth and said what they were on Friday night... so know one really bought that idea... but on Saturday they loved it!!! I guess it is all on how youprsent your pitch

D'oh! The whole idea is to keep them guessing. :)

Do y'all think it would work with $ amounts as the gift to be added to their show or is it better to choose a certain product? I need to book at least one more show in the first two weeks of March... I know... it's getting late... but I really want all the free products...

I do think it is worth the money. I even think offering to bring and purchase the food is worth it..sometimes.

I even add an extra something in one of the boxes, I added a coupon for a free cooking show in March..... that was a big hit too!!

I will have to try the 3 or 4 boxes idea, maybe that will bring more urgency that there is only a limited amount of boxes instead of giving it to everyone at the show. It just seems when I have tried any book to look I don't get a thing, where when I don't do incentives I get bookings. But I like to try different ideas here and there so I will try this one tonight!

PS with those higher priced items, do you have a min. show total to qualify?

The only qualifaction that I have is that they have to book, hold and close a show with me. The only thing that I have a qualfication on is the free cooking show, they have to purchase at least $15.00 worth of stuff, and the show has to be held in March.

Wow you are very Generous Leah! I hope your hosts appreciate that!

I saw something cute on a stamping site. And our product is perfect for creating it!! You take a pop-top can (like fruit cans or soup cans) and then use the smooth-edge can opener to open it from the bottom. Eat what's inside, then wash it all off and everything. Then you take the label off, replace it with one of your own, stuff your prize or gift or whatever inside, then glue the bottom back on! It's kind of a fun, neat idea that I'm planning on trying!

When my host realize what I do..... they want to keep booking shows with me, I not only buy the ingridence, (yes I know we not suppsoed to) but I do litle incentives, like when I send out my monthly news letters and share what that months specials are, I will give them so many days to respond and book a show or place an order to get a little something extra, I also just started a birthday club, I have the guest write down their birthdays on the DPDS, and then when it s their b-day I give them a little something out of my door prize box ( not the citrus peeler) LOL I am not that cheep! :D

heat123 said:
Wow you are very Generous Leah! I hope your hosts appreciate that!

Don't forget, (and I only know this because as a Navy wife who sends several boxes to her hubby when he is deployed) you can go to UPS and have boxes shipped to you for FREE! It has be something like 25 boxes, not just 3, that have to be ordered but maybe you can give some boxes away at the consultants meeting.

mommyhugz1978 said:
When my host realize what I do..... they want to keep booking shows with me, I not only buy the ingridence, (yes I know we not suppsoed to) but I do litle incentives, like when I send out my monthly news letters and share what that months specials are, I will give them so many days to respond and book a show or place an order to get a little something extra, I also just started a birthday club, I have the guest write down their birthdays on the DPDS, and then when it s their b-day I give them a little something out of my door prize box ( not the citrus peeler) LOL I am not that cheep! :D

I think I am going to start doing this again. I have bought the food for some of my shows and not for the others, and the hosts seem a bit more stressed out when they have to purchase the food? ... Great ideas Leah!

I pretty much always buy the ingredients. It's one of the ways I make sure I have exactly what I want. (Nope. No control issues at all.)

Leah, why do you think we're not supposed to buy the ingredients? I've never been told that or even felt that was implied.

It's your businesss the way you run it as far as buying the ingredients! I offer FREE cooking shows sometimes but for the most part, I do the shopping for them and then they reimburse on show day!

I learned a neat idea for bookings last night during a training demo. Our NED will offer a cookbook or something that is or soon to be retired. She will simply say if you book a show within 3 weeks, I will give you this item for free. She said it has worked nicely for her.

She also shared an idea that I am going to try to encourage more sales. She makes up a basket with lower priced items (quikut paring knives, etc) and for every $100 a guest spends, they get to choose something out of the basket for FREE!

That is a really cool idea Jason... have you tired yet at any shows?

When I signed last year it was implied that the hostess where suppsoed to by the ingredients and that is what the $15.00 in free product was for..... I buy them so I get excatly what I want ( I dont' have control issues either) We practice these reciepies onour families ... so we would know what brand works and doesn't work? is my thought.. and hey it's a tax write off!!
Takes the stress off the hostess......

raebates said:
I pretty much always buy the ingredients. It's one of the ways I make sure I have exactly what I want. (Nope. No control issues at all.)

Leah, why do you think we're not supposed to buy the ingredients? I've never been told that or even felt that was implied.

When a I talking about bookings.... I tell the guest that I buy the food for their show.... I get at least two bookings at one show just when they hear that! Who wants to host a party and buy food and then pay for product too?? NOT ME... I did a party exchange with Tastefully Simple.... yummie food but she gave me the little hostess packet and it had all the food samples in their, but the ingridence like sour cream to make the dip and so forth I had to purchase.... talk about time consuming!!

SillyChef said:
I think I am going to start doing this again. I have bought the food for some of my shows and not for the others, and the hosts seem a bit more stressed out when they have to purchase the food? ... Great ideas Leah!

jasonmva said:
She also shared an idea that I am going to try to encourage more sales. She makes up a basket with lower priced items (quikut paring knives, etc) and for every $100 a guest spends, they get to choose something out of the basket for FREE!

I do the basket thing for dorr prize items. Sounds like basically the same items. I've never had a $100 order (except my own) I'll have to try this.

speedychef said:
I saw something cute on a stamping site. And our product is perfect for creating it!! You take a pop-top can (like fruit cans or soup cans) and then use the smooth-edge can opener to open it from the bottom. Eat what's inside, then wash it all off and everything. Then you take the label off, replace it with one of your own, stuff your prize or gift or whatever inside, then glue the bottom back on! It's kind of a fun, neat idea that I'm planning on trying!

This sounds like so much fun!! I'll have to try it!!!

1. How can I use a cute way to get bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can use a cute way to get bookings by hosting a themed party or event, offering incentives or free products for guests who book future parties, and creating eye-catching invitations or social media posts to generate interest in your business.

2. What are some examples of cute ways to get bookings?

Some cute ways to get bookings as a Pampered Chef consultant include hosting a "Girls' Night In" party with fun activities and games, offering a "mystery host" party where guests have the chance to win free products, and creating a "book club" party where guests can sample recipes from Pampered Chef cookbooks.

3. How can I make my cute way to get bookings stand out?

To make your cute way to get bookings stand out, you can use unique themes or party ideas, offer exclusive discounts or promotions, and use creative marketing strategies such as creating a hashtag for your event or collaborating with other local businesses.

4. What are the benefits of using a cute way to get bookings?

Using a cute way to get bookings can help you attract new customers and build relationships with existing ones, increase your party and sales bookings, and make your Pampered Chef business more fun and engaging for both you and your guests.

5. Can I customize my cute way to get bookings to fit my target audience?

Yes, you can definitely customize your cute way to get bookings to fit your target audience. Consider the interests and preferences of your potential customers and tailor your party themes, activities, and incentives accordingly to attract and engage them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrb0328
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • AFwife
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
2 3