• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Mandarin Salad for an UPampered Chefoming Event

In summary, the recipe for the Mandarin Pasta Salad is: - Cook pasta according to package directions. - In a Simple Additions™ Large Bowl, add: cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds. - Pour dressing over the salad and toss.
iddlebiddle
Ok everyone, I am looking for another recipe. It is a manadarin salad. I did a bazaar last weekend and gave away free shows. I made the mistake of telling the host that I would call back to talk about the recipes for the show and she said she already new what she wanted. The mistake was not telling her what I was going to make. So anyway, she said it is a manadarin salad with chicken and spinach. However, if it is not a pc recipe, I will make my own dish. Any help out there:}

Thanks again!

Mandarin Pasta Salad

This fresh, Asian-inspired main dish is ideal for impromptu entertaining.

Dressing:
1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled fresh gingerroot
1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
2 teaspoons sugar
1 garlic clove, pressed

Salad:
8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
1/2 cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. For dressing, finely chop gingerroot using Food Chopper. In Small Batter Bowl, combine gingerroot, vinegar, orange juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soup mix, sugar and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; whisk until well blended. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

2. For salad, cook pasta according to package directions in Professional (8-qt.) Stockpot; drain and rinse under cold running water using large Colander. Place pasta in Simple Additions™ Large Bowl.

3. Meanwhile, score cucumber using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using The Corer™. Slice cucumber using Ultimate Slice & Grate; cut slices in half. Dice bell pepper using Chef’s Knife. Coarsely chop onion using Food Chopper.

4. Add cucumber, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mandarin oranges, chicken and almonds to pasta. Pour dressing over salad; toss using Bamboo Spatula Set. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving (11/2 cups): Calories 210, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

Pampered Chef

Thank you so much, you are awsome!:}

Oooh, I LOVE that salad!

That salad ROCKS!! You will love it!

1. How do I make the dressing for the Mandarin Salad?

To make the dressing, you will need 1/4 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of grated ginger. Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Mandarin Salad recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the mandarin oranges with fresh sliced oranges or canned pineapple chunks. You can also use any type of lettuce or mixed greens in place of the romaine lettuce.

3. How far in advance can I prepare the Mandarin Salad for my event?

You can prepare the salad and dressing up to 2 hours in advance. Keep them separate and refrigerated until ready to serve. Toss the salad with the dressing right before serving for the freshest taste.

4. Can I add protein to the Mandarin Salad for a more filling meal?

Yes, you can add grilled chicken or shrimp to the salad for added protein. You can also top the salad with sliced almonds or cashews for a vegetarian option.

5. How many servings does the Mandarin Salad recipe make?

This recipe makes 4-6 servings, depending on the size of the serving. If you are serving it as a side dish, it can serve up to 8 people.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
jendill
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • Sheila