• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create a "Corn-Tastic" Treat at the Corn Festival!

In summary, to create a "Corn-Tastic" treat at the Corn Festival, you will need to gather ingredients and follow a simple recipe. Popular treats include corn muffins, fritters, and salsa. The ingredients needed may vary, but common ones include cornmeal, flour, butter, sugar, eggs, and corn. You can also add your own twist to the recipe. While corn is a staple, you can use alternative grains or vegetables. Gluten-free options are available, such as using gluten-free flour or cornmeal, or substituting other grains. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own treats to the festival to share and showcase their cooking skills. Be sure to follow any guidelines set by the organizers.
renee.see
I'm participating in a Corn Festival and I'd like to make something "corn themed". Any ideas?

The Mexicali Cornbread Squares are pretty tasty and can be at 'room temperature'. You could also add some corn to the topping.

Maybe a salsa with corn in it?

How about popcorn? There's a few recipes for snack mixes with popcorn in them.

Confetti Cornbread SaladI make this beautiful salad in the trifle bowl. It is definitely an attention getter! Confetti Cornbread Salad1 Jiffy cornbread mix
3 tomatoes (chopped)
1 4 oz. chopped green chilies (undrained)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1/8 t. cumin
1 cup green onion (chopped)
1/8 t. oregano
1 pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cans pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 env. ranch dressing mix
2 cans corn (drained)Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, and oregano. Spread in greased 8 x 8 square baker. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, use food chopper to chop green pepper, salad scissors to chop tomatoes, and santuko knife to thinly slice green onions. Open corn & beans using smooth-edge can opener, and drain using can strainer. In small-batter bowl combine mayo, sour cream, and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble 1/2 of cornbread into trifle bowl. Layer with half of the beans, mayo mixture, corn, tomatoes, pepper, onions, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full) Cover and refrigerate 2 hrs. Can be made 1-2 days ahead.

Related to Create a "Corn-Tastic" Treat at the Corn Festival!

1. How do I create a "Corn-Tastic" treat at the Corn Festival?

To create a "Corn-Tastic" treat at the Corn Festival, you will need to gather the necessary ingredients and follow a simple recipe. Some popular "Corn-Tastic" treats include corn muffins, corn fritters, and corn salsa. Be sure to also check out our recipe book for more inspiration!

2. What ingredients do I need to make a "Corn-Tastic" treat?

The ingredients needed for a "Corn-Tastic" treat will vary depending on the recipe you choose. However, some common ingredients include cornmeal, flour, butter, sugar, eggs, and of course, corn! Feel free to get creative and add your own twist to the recipe.

3. Can I make a "Corn-Tastic" treat without using corn?

While corn is a staple ingredient in most "Corn-Tastic" treats, you can definitely make a delicious treat without using corn. Some alternatives to corn include using other types of grains or vegetables, such as zucchini or pumpkin. Just be sure to adjust the recipe accordingly.

4. Are there any gluten-free options for "Corn-Tastic" treats?

Yes, there are plenty of gluten-free options for "Corn-Tastic" treats. You can use gluten-free flour or cornmeal in place of regular flour, and there are also gluten-free cornbread mixes available. Additionally, you can substitute other gluten-free grains in place of corn if needed.

5. Can I bring my own "Corn-Tastic" treat to the Corn Festival?

Absolutely! We encourage all attendees to bring their own "Corn-Tastic" treats to share with others at the Corn Festival. This is a great opportunity to showcase your cooking skills and try out new recipes. Just be sure to follow any guidelines or restrictions set by the festival organizers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies