• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft/Vendor Fair This Weekend...

In summary, Pampered Chef is planning to bring a variety of new products and a trifle bowl filled with Twixit clips as a game (guess how many for a prize) to their upcoming mega-show fundraiser. They are also taking Flyers: April guest special, May host special, Recruit info, and Trifle bowl filled with Twixit clips as a game (guess how many for a prize).
jentapp
Anyone have any ideas for displays? Or what to expect? I've never done one before and plan on doing drawing slips for prizes (SB, Twixits, Bamboo spoons, etc...inexpensive stuff...and free shows, of course). How many would be good to take? Do you give away food? Take some things for people to chop?

If it is a big fair, I would take some helium filled balloons in a bright color(s)and tie them to your table. Make them high enough that everyone in the room can see them wherever they are.
people will wonder what's over there and actually come to see what it is, especially if they have kids who want one of your balloons!
I started doing this, and it totally works!
I have booked shows from people who have come just because they were drawn to my balloons. (Everybody mentions it..lol)

I'm doing one later this month with a clustermate, and we are trying to pare down our display. We usually take too much, which makes the table look busy.

We're taking:
New spring products
2 pieces of stoneware (both small oval bakers)
Fake trifle in the trifle bowl (I'm cutting up upholstery foam to look like cake, then layering it with fabric to look like fruit, whipped cream, etc.)
HWC items, including the cups and squares that will be online
Flyers: April guest special, May host special, Recruit info
Trifle bowl filled with Twixit clips as a game (guess how many for a prize)

We'll have drawing slips to collect info, and will each have host packs. We're handing out mini catalogs with a postcard clipped to them. The postcard has coupons for a free show or 10% off stoneware (I made them at Vista Print).

""""The postcard has coupons for a free show or 10% off stoneware (I made them at Vista Print).""""

What a great idea... I will be using this one at my next fair....

I enjoy doing fairs and have done many of them (craft fairs and all demo fairs)

I love the balloon idea. If you know your table will be against a wall, a banner high on the wall also works. People come to demo fairs looking for TPC. Height to the display helps, too. For example, I always include the 3-tiered stand. Put hard candies or kisses in one tier, maybe recipe cards in another. This way they are handy to give out. I also tend to stand in FRONT of the table, not behind it. Remember to have FUN and be social! You meet alot of great people and can really clean up at these events!

Good luck!

I like doing fairs, too. I LOVE getting out and meeting new people, it's really WHY I do PC!

FUN FUN FUN! People need to meet you to decide if they want you in their home for a show, so put on your happy face! Stand in front of the table and greet everyone with a smile! I just step out into the aisle and say, "HI! Are you familiar with the Pampered Chef?" and then go from there. I hand out recipes and mini-catalogs. I have some catalogs around for orders and make sure to know my upcoming dates! I don't want to waste time digging out my calendar-maybe write your available dates on an index card in your apron party...yeah, THAT's the ticket! I think it would be SO fun to have a big wheel to spin for prizes (twixit, free show, etc) That would really draw attention, but I don't know that I would want to drag it around with me...

Funny that you mention paring down, Ann! I was just contemplating what to bring with me to my mega-show fundraiser and my mind thought this...I need one of everything...
Definitely the trifle bowl
Obviously some cookware-it looks better with a few pots!
Stoneware? Without a doubt. Bring my stoneware rack and fill 'er up!
Forged cutlery. Gotta get all the biggies, but I better bring my other knives, too. They're so small, I should really just bring them all.
We all know I adore the Simple Additions, so definitely the 3-tiered stand and probably the large bowl upended with the large square on top so people can see how versatile they are and of course one of every pattern because people can't see what they REALLY look like in the catalog...
Ooh and the mandoline...maybe some potatoes to show it off?
And if I bring the mandoline, I should bring the microplane, and I suppose everything else that's in the kit. Come to think of it, maybe I should make a little "super starter display"
Now, if I'm doing vignettes, I suppose I should put a little wedding thing out there...
And I have to do a drawing, so I should stack my stainless bowls for people to put their slips in...
I think it went on and on and on...I will try to stick with 2 stones, the 3-tiered stand (with different patterns...) a piece of cookware, and my tta...Do you think I CAN do that?! It would be a miracle!

I have just done two of them, but my last one was fairly successful. I totally second the post above about standing in front of your table... in fact, if you can, I would just push your table back so you have more space in front of it. So much easier to talk easily with people in a noisy place when you're not shouting across a table. I did a drawing for an extra item I had (batter bowl) to get people to fill out contact slips. The next time I do it, I am going to personally fill out the forms b/c too many people left off info I wanted, and it will be easier for me to jot down info about them so I remember who they are when I call them back. I have also done an incentive for people to book right then but honestly I don't think that persuaded people to book who weren't going to. At my last one I did eggs with jelly beans and slips of paper inside that had things like free demo recipe ingredients, a free gift for each guest who brings a friend, increased free product value, etc. I'm thinking maybe I need a bigger incentive to hand out--something tangible-- but I'm not sure what. I did get lots of comments on how pretty my table was--I laid out an Easter tablecloth, brought some bunny stuffed animals, the pink HWC stuff, Easter grass and plastic eggs in the trifle bowl. I love the idea for tall helium balloons and will do that at the next fair I show at.

What products will you have available at the craft/vendor fair this weekend?

At the craft/vendor fair this weekend, we will have a variety of kitchen tools and gadgets, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items available for purchase. We will also have some exclusive items that are only available at our vendor events.

Are there any special discounts or promotions at the craft/vendor fair this weekend?

Yes, we will be offering some exclusive discounts and promotions at the fair. You can stop by our booth to learn more and take advantage of these limited-time offers.

Can I place an order for a specific product and pick it up at the craft/vendor fair this weekend?

Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill orders for specific products for pick-up at the fair. However, you can purchase any of our products at the fair and take them home with you that day.

Do you accept credit cards at the craft/vendor fair this weekend?

Yes, we accept all major credit cards as well as cash and checks at the fair. We want to make it as convenient as possible for you to make a purchase.

Will there be any cooking demonstrations or samples at the craft/vendor fair this weekend?

Yes, we will have live cooking demonstrations throughout the day featuring our products. We will also have some tasty samples for you to try and see for yourself how our products can make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies