• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cracking the Whip: My Journey to Successful Fundraising

In summary, Kathy is worrying about whether or not she is going to be able to continue her business, but is hopeful that she will be able to make some headway soon. She is also concerned about whether or not she is able to communicate with her director effectively, but is hopeful that they can work on improving their relationship.
Kathytnt
I AM CRACKING MY OWN WHIP - If I don't start making some headway on PC then I will probably have to slow down big time - I just can't quit, no way. I had my hubby's blessing to start in the business last year to do fundraisers. I give almost all my commision to the fundraising participant because it's for cancer research.
Part of me wants to really kick butt and make some serious money because we want to eventally buy a house but I am kind of scared of failure.
I told him I am going to really work hard with the leads I have and we will re-evaluate at the end of March.
Wish me luck!

Good luck!
Remember that what you do today will really show results 90 days from now.

I wish you all the luck Kathy. I know how hard it is to get modivated. But change only starts when you want it to. So START NOW! :D Have a great time with you business and reap the rewards.

Hey Kathy,
I am right there with you. I was either going to get going or completely drop it.
Honestly after praying one day and telling God, either take it or let it multiply, I have had 3 bookings and 3 leads (within 3 weeks).
Just keep at it!
Just like it were any other job you would do.
~Good Luck!!!

Kathy,

Set up a meeting with your director. Share your goals with her and ask her to help you develop an action plan and keep you accountable.

I think I read this is someone's siggie here--dreams are just dreams. Goals are dreams with a plan and a date. (or something like that)

Just go for it. Find ways to talk about PC with everyone. I've really learned to do this and it gets easier. Before you know it you won't even realize you are talking about it it will just come naturally. My sister says that I have a way of slipping it in somehow.

I put an ad on my car window and it really helps. I got the logo from nancy's or Merrill i can't remember which one. It's funny how people will chase you down.

I leave business cards, mini catalogs etc. wherever I can. This really works but it does take time for people to call.

What you do today will count maybe not today but 60-90 days later.

DebbieJ said:
Kathy,

Set up a meeting with your director. Share your goals with her and ask her to help you develop an action plan and keep you accountable.

I think I read this is someone's siggie here--dreams are just dreams. Goals are dreams with a plan and a date. (or something like that)

Thats actually on ChefAnn's Signature. :D

We are here for you and with you Kathy.

My director is starting business builder calls every week that we can sign up for. I had my first one last week before the talk with my hubby. I was all excited about the Nassau trip. Hubby was saying well we could buy that trip if you worked more hours at the PT job (which I stand the whole time) I expained to him that if I earned the trip that I would also be making money too.
I have to say that one of the many sblessing with PC is that hubby and I are communicating better. We are both a little passive and still learning to communicate. We have been married for 14 months and next month is the 2 year anniversary of when we first met.
I started talking to him about working on recruiting more - I made a promise to him to get my office organized and keep it organized so that I can grow my business. He has been a huge help in helping keep things organized. Creating places for product and supplies
Kathy

chefann said:
Good luck!
Remember that what you do today will really show results 90 days from now.

Really? I'd love to know more about that line!

Great- put me on the spot! :)

I haven't seen scientific studies or anything, but you hear all the time in workshops and tapes that your effort now will really pay off in 90 days. If you make phone calls and book a few extra shows now, you'll really see a payoff in a full schedule 90 days from now.

It's something to remember when you make a change in your business. Things take time to "stick." Give them 3 months before you write them off as a bad idea. (OK- within reason. Obviously, making NO calls is something that needs to change NOW.)

90 day thing is true...The 90 day thing is TRUE!! Just try it!! It happened to me last year. The last week of August, 3 of my 4 September shows cancelled on me! I was shocked (prior to that NO cancellations). Anyway, I sent out email pleas, started massive phone calls, etc. Most people said maybe catalog show for Sept, Most Booked for October and then you should have SEEN my NOVEMBER!! Wow - best month of my year over $4K in sales, hit Level 2 in free product, etc. And I didn't have to work it in Nov - the shows and orders just came to me. It even rolled over into Dec & I was able to submit my 2 shows before the 15th. Now, I took about a month + off from PC for the holidays. How does my Jan look? Okay - not great. I'm getting on the phone now, trying to get my Febs to commit to a date - most people want March! That's why it takes 90 days to come around... in my opinion...and experience! Good Luck!!
Joanne

I am stepping up my business too.
I took like 6 weeks off, and things have been rough around here moneywise. I've been praying about this and this week, have decided that I'm going to step it up, and build this, and be director this year (September). So today I got on the phone and am starting to get things on a roll again.

For the first time since my last show in November....I feel alive and excited again. Whooo hooo!!!!

Kris

1. What is "Cracking the Whip: My Journey to Successful Fundraising"?

"Cracking the Whip: My Journey to Successful Fundraising" is a book written by Pampered Chef founder, Doris Christopher. It is a personal account of her journey in building a successful fundraising program and offers valuable insights and strategies for others looking to do the same.

2. Is this book only for those in the fundraising industry?

No, this book is beneficial for anyone looking to improve their fundraising skills, regardless of their industry. Doris Christopher's techniques and advice can be applied to any type of fundraising, from school events to charity drives.

3. What makes this book different from other fundraising guides?

This book is unique because it is written by the founder of a successful fundraising company. Doris Christopher shares her personal experiences and knowledge gained from building Pampered Chef's fundraising program from the ground up. It provides a real-life perspective and practical tips that have proven to be successful.

4. Can I purchase this book in bulk for my fundraising team?

Yes, "Cracking the Whip: My Journey to Successful Fundraising" is available for bulk purchase. Please contact our customer service team for more information on bulk ordering options.

5. Are there any additional resources or tools that come with the book?

Yes, the book includes a bonus section with downloadable worksheets and templates to help you implement the strategies outlined in the book. These resources can be accessed online through a unique code provided in the book.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jammie
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies