• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware: A Bummer Experience

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who had a piece of bakeware crack while using it, and is wondering if HO will replace it. They also mention issues with a knife that came in their starter kit and whether or not it can be replaced. The expert summarizer suggests calling HO and explaining the situation, as they will likely replace the cracked bakeware and rusty knife. It is also mentioned that the consultant may have the option for a special "Ultimate Kit" in Canada.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I didn't know which category to put this in. Oh my gosh, I was baking my dinner in the Cranberry DDB when I heard a loud ping in my oven. I pulled my bacon roast out of the oven and saw the cracks.EEEEEK. I use that piece at all my shows. How would it have happened??? What do I do now?? I am bumming :( Will HO replace it?. It came in my start up kit. Are consultants covered for the guarantee? What documentation will they need? I feel so sad! Which is really bizarre since its a piece of bakeware. I'm sure you all understand. Its one of the pieces I use the most!!! I'm not really clear on what happens. Do I break off a piece, send it them, and then they ship one to me? Do I get charged for the cost of shipping it to me? I guess it will be a new experience for me that I can learn from. Bummer.

The DDB doesn't come in your kit, but call HO and see what they can do about it. I am sure they will just want a piece of it, and you cover the shipping unless it has been 30 day or less from purchase. The small piece shouldn't cost much to ship though. Good luck!

RossDeb2 said:
I didn't know which category to put this in. Oh my gosh, I was baking my dinner in the Cranberry DDB when I heard a loud ping in my oven. I pulled my bacon roast out of the oven and saw the cracks.EEEEEK. I use that piece at all my shows. How would it have happened??? What do I do now?? I am bumming :( Will HO replace it?. It came in my start up kit. Are consultants covered for the guarantee? What documentation will they need? I feel so sad! Which is really bizarre since its a piece of bakeware. I'm sure you all understand. Its one of the pieces I use the most!!! I'm not really clear on what happens. Do I break off a piece, send it them, and then they ship one to me? Do I get charged for the cost of shipping it to me? I guess it will be a new experience for me that I can learn from. Bummer.

Call them & explain what happened, they will give you a reference # & they might want a piece back. You have to pay for the piece you ship back, but they pay the rest. Good Luck.:cool:

gilliandanielle said:
The DDB doesn't come in your kit

She's in Canada, and they have different kit levels they can purchase, so I'm sure it did come with the kit.

My experience is that if it was an item that came with the kit, they are really fast in replacing it. They will usually send it out before they receive the return, because they know it is an item you really need.

Definitely call them first thing in the morning. I have found that if you call early, the wait is practically non-existent. I'm sure they will treat you right!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks for the replies. I will call them in the morning. Gilliandanielle, I'm sure it came in my beginning kit. In Canada, we have the option for the "Ultimate Kit" which is like an enhanced starter kit. I believe it was in that.

Along these same lines, I noticed that the knife that came in my starter kit (just received it December 1) has rust colored spots on it. I thought these were stainless and would not rust??? I don't want to use it at shows because of the discoloration. Should I just call HO and have them send me a new one?

LisaVH said:
Along these same lines, I noticed that the knife that came in my starter kit (just received it December 1) has rust colored spots on it. I thought these were stainless and would not rust??? I don't want to use it at shows because of the discoloration. Should I just call HO and have them send me a new one?

Yes you should call them & send it back. They will replace it!;)

Related to Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware: A Bummer Experience

What is the Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware and why is it called a "Bummer Experience"?

The Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware is a limited edition line of baking dishes from Pampered Chef. It is called a "Bummer Experience" because some customers have reported issues with the bakeware cracking during use.

Are all the Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware dishes prone to cracking?

No, only a small percentage of the bakeware has been reported to crack. However, as a precaution, Pampered Chef is offering a replacement or refund for any customers who experience cracking with their bakeware.

What should I do if my Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware cracks during use?

If your bakeware cracks during use, please contact Pampered Chef customer service for a replacement or refund. Instructions for contacting customer service can be found on our website or by calling our toll-free number.

Is the Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware safe to use in the oven?

Yes, the bakeware is safe to use in the oven up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, please follow the care instructions provided to ensure the longevity of your bakeware.

Can I still purchase the Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware?

The Cracked Cranberry DDB Bakeware was a limited edition line and is no longer available for purchase. However, we do offer other high-quality bakeware options that are safe and durable for all your baking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedberry
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Yakmama
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
merego
  • pampchefsarah