• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Couple's Grilling Show: Delicious Food, Fun Social Event

In summary, the food was awesome. The host grilled shrimp and corn on the cob. We prepared the Colassal Salad- which was awesome, pretty and a huge hit. BUT the show itself is at $123. Sure they were 10-12 people there but that means on 5-6 to order, which did not order a lot each. It was more of a social thing for the guest than treating it as a show. I have one of these in June for someone else, now I will really worry about it. And I did not get any bookings. Defenitely was not worth my time from 1030am-200pm on a Saturday of giving up with my family. The host is going to continue taking up orders
jrstephens
The food was awesome. The host grilled shrimp and corn on the cob. We prepared the Colassal Salad- which was awesome, pretty and a huge hit. BUT the show itself is at $123. Sure they were 10-12 people there but that means on 5-6 to order, which did not order a lot each. It was more of a social thing for the guest than treating it as a show. I have one of these in June for someone else, now I will really worry about it. And I did not get any bookings. Defenitely was not worth my time from 1030am-200pm on a Saturday of giving up with my family. The host is going to continue taking up orders, so, I am keeping my fingers crossed. But personally, I know her and I do not think she is going to really "work" for orders. And I do not want her talking about how much she spent on food (I told her PCgave back $15) and then not get anything out of it. She kept telling me how much fun she had, but I do not think she realizedso far she was getting NOTHING. Sure it was fun, I had a good time but that is not why I give up time with family when I could have fun with them.

Thanks for hearing me vent!!! I did LOVE the salad though and am going to offer it to shows all summer.

Aw... that's too bad. I'm sorry it was such a bummer for you. Now you know to really push with the future host to invite a lot of people and emphasize the fact that it's a chance to buy, not just socialize.

*snugs* that is really too bad. Good luck on your next couples show, may everyone get in the spirit and buy, buy, buy.

Jennifer, I hear you! I hate it when the host uses me as the "Pampered Caterer"!

UGH!

She will get what she deserves....in product I mean ;)

I just talked to my June host and when she told me only 5 invites. I told her about the one I did this weekend and that you have to think yes I will have 10 people (if they all come) but that means only 5 orders. I told her to aslo think about singles that could come as well.

At first I liked the idea of a cpuples grilling show, but also the host has to spend to much money to feed everyone unless it is a HUGE show I do not think it can be worth their effots.

I am wanting a $3K June, so, I need all my shows to be great!

Can you push your June host to treat it like a catalog show in advance and online? If she could have $200 or more in orders before you get there it would be more worth everyone's while. If she's the "bribe-able" type, offer her some bonus for having orders in advance.

Think Father's Day!An Outdoor Grilling show is a great way to push for Father's Day - have the BBQ tools on hand to show off (the case, all the tools), the spices, etc. Offer to put together a Father's Day Basket ($100 for the tool bag, 3 tools an 1 spice, for example). Remind them all, that the $100 gift basket qualifies for the free BBQ Basting Brush! You can throw in gift wrap, too as a special service! Have "What I really Want for Father's Day" Wish Lists and hand them out to the guys - once they see the "host" not only grilling his steaks and chicken with the BBQ Turner, but opening his liquid refreshments with the same tool, all the guys'll be hooked!

Turn it into bookings with the Salad Spinner Offer for July - that salad spinner is a hit for all those who try it and the bamboo salad tongs are just so perfect! Make a dressing for just some simple greens with the Measure, Mix n Pour (I suggest the Asian recipe).

I'm hosting my own Grilling Show on the 1st, and anyone who offers to bring something is more than welcome! That'll help the host with the food costs! Notice what people bring something to the show, look at what they made and ask what types of tools they used to make it (i.e. "Susie, your layered salad looks delicious - I can just imagine how much work it was - have you tried our Ultimate Mandoline? And just think how it would look in the Trifle Bowl - standing head and shoulders above everything else on the table - everyone will want some!")

I hope this is helpful. Perhaps, send a Father's Day Wishlist to the host of your last show - that might spur some sales.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Father's Day Order Form.doc
    143 KB · Views: 276
  • Father's Day Wish List.doc
    175.5 KB · Views: 313
hi muffets
you forgot the pst on the order form :)

I live in the Land of the Free (Alberta) and we don't have PST, so I usually do forget about it! Hee hee. Thanks for catching that, though.:D

1. What is a Couple's Grilling Show?

A Couple's Grilling Show is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration where a Pampered Chef consultant will teach you and your partner how to create delicious and easy meals on the grill.

2. Do we need to have grilling experience to attend a Couple's Grilling Show?

No, you do not need any previous grilling experience to attend a Couple's Grilling Show. Our consultant will guide you through the entire process and provide helpful tips and tricks for successful grilling.

3. What kind of recipes can we expect to learn at a Couple's Grilling Show?

Our consultants will showcase a variety of recipes that are perfect for grilling as a couple. This can include dishes such as grilled vegetables, seafood, chicken, and even desserts.

4. Can we purchase Pampered Chef products at a Couple's Grilling Show?

Absolutely! Our consultants will have a selection of Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the show. You can also browse our entire catalog and place orders directly through the consultant.

5. Can we bring our own ingredients to a Couple's Grilling Show?

While we provide all the necessary ingredients for the recipes demonstrated at the show, you are welcome to bring your own ingredients if you have special dietary restrictions or preferences. Just let the consultant know beforehand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jesusluvsu2005
Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • candiejayne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies