• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Country Kitchen Pot Rack Ideas: Creative Ways to Use an Old Wooden Ladder

In summary, the host's husband hung a pot rack over their kitchen island and it looks great. He also called frequently to check in on the host.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I have a sort of country/antique theme in my kitchen and have an old, wooden ladder I was to use as a pot rack. Does anyone have any suggestions or have you tried something like this?

My hospitality director has an old wooden ladder hanging over her island for pots and pans. It is really beautiful!! I never would have thought of that, but once I saw it I was hooked on the idea. My kitchen is not country themed so it won't work for me. You will just have to buy some heavy chain links to hang it on the ceiling and then sturdy "S" hooks to hold your stuff. I think you will be very pleased with it.

I think that would make a great pot rack! You could just go purchase the hooks that you would hang the pots on. Maybe hang the ladder with black chain or that heavy duty burlap rope (dont think that is the right name but hope you know what I am talking about). Good Luck!

I have a pot rack over my island. Make sure you bolt it into studs, not just dry wall, and use heavy chains. I would bolt the chains into the ladder also.

My BIL just hung a pot rack for their new Exec cookware and it looks great. However, his is nothing like you are describing. I think that's an awesome idea and would look fantastic. His is painted black and he added some beautiful greenery and artificial fruit, looks Italian. That's also a great way to advertise your new cookware. You should do it!

Jeanie Gay

Just my opinion, when we were talking about hanging one, my hubby was talking about getting into the attic and using the joists (spelling?) as support.. Would hate to hang it and then have it fall..

The ladder sounds like it would be an awesome idea.. Good luck. Very creative!!!:)

You guys are so creative! My executive cookware will remain hidden in my cabinets away from scratches and sunlight!!

I wish I had somewhere to hang my cookware...Oh well, when I win that $10,000 from Home Depot, I'll re-do the kitchen and build an island and hang my cookware over it!

gilliandanielle said:
You guys are so creative! My executive cookware will remain hidden in my cabinets away from scratches and sunlight!!

Embrace your cookware!

When I got home from conference I had a wonderful surprise!!! My hubby had hung a pot rack above our island and had all my exec cookware hanging from it!! Talk about a surprise!!!

Sometimes they can totally surprise you!

awe....he missed you. When I go away for several days I always come home to a spotless house because my hubby misses me....and he calls me about 20 times a day.

Okay, I see all of the posts about hanging a pot rack over an island. My question is this: is it a free-standing island or a penisula (L shaped counter). I have a beautiful newish kitchen (house is 3 years old and we designed it) but my counter is a penisula. Long part of 'L' has the double sink and short part of "L" has two bar stools at it. Now that I'm thinking about it I guess mine is more a 'warped U' LOL.....there is also another side that is half the length of the barstool side that meets up with the fridge. We only have cupboards on this short side (just one set of double door cupboards).

I would LOVE to hang a pot rack up but I'm thinking it obviously can't go over the sink area and how could I possibly hang it over the bar stool area. So do all of you who have pot racks have a free-standing island? Or do you hang it somewhere else I'm not thinking of? I'm very lucky because I have a lower corner cabinet that fits the entire 12 piece exec set and stir fry pan without having to stack any of it but I would LOVE to have it out on display instead! AND my kitchen is all metals and olive green cupboards so I think it would look awesome but I'm sooooo confused!

I have a peninsula shaped kitchen. I'm hanging it above where the stools are.

My husband told me that he vaccuumed and cleaned the toilets! He also called a few times a day, when I didn't check in with him. Next year, he's going so he can see first hand why I didn't check in!

1. Can any type of wooden ladder be used for a pot rack?

Yes, any sturdy wooden ladder can be used for a pot rack. However, make sure it is clean and free of any damage before using it in your kitchen.

2. How do I hang the ladder pot rack?

There are a few different ways to hang a ladder pot rack. One option is to drill hooks into the ladder and use those to hang your pots and pans. Another option is to use S-hooks to hang the items directly on the rungs of the ladder.

3. Can I paint or stain the ladder to match my kitchen decor?

Yes, you can definitely paint or stain the ladder to match your kitchen decor. Just make sure to use a paint or stain that is food-safe and non-toxic.

4. Is it safe to hang heavy pots and pans on a ladder pot rack?

As long as the ladder is securely attached to the wall or ceiling, it should be able to hold the weight of heavy pots and pans. If you have any concerns, you can reinforce the ladder with additional support brackets.

5. Are there any other creative ways to use an old wooden ladder in the kitchen?

Definitely! In addition to using it as a pot rack, you can also use an old wooden ladder as a hanging herb garden, a shelf for cookbooks and kitchen decor, or even a unique way to store and display cutting boards and baking sheets.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies