• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to National Conference

In summary, the conversation revolved around National Conference and attendees discussing various aspects such as workshop selection, registration refunds, and attire. Tips were also shared and questions were asked about tracks and a possible Chef Success gathering. The recommended attire is business casual with no denim or shorts.
Today is July 5. There are only 7 days left until the start of National Conference!Only one week! Take the time while you’re at NC to enjoy the experience. You’ll be surrounded by wonderful PC people. You’ll be rubbing elbows with people who have reached the level of success you’re striving toward. You will never have that exact experience again (those exact people at exactly that place in their business). Be sure to take a few moments to just enjoy the moment.

Today is July 5. There are only 7 days left until the start of National Conference!

Only one week! Take the time while you’re at NC to enjoy the experience. You’ll be surrounded by wonderful PC people. You’ll be rubbing elbows with people who have reached the level of success you’re striving toward. You will never have that exact experience again (those exact people at exactly that place in their business). Be sure to take a few moments to just enjoy the moment.

I'm getting so excited! I'm mentally packing and unpacking - and making to-do lists in my head. :)

I have 2 out of 4 days nailed down for childcare. Just 2 more to go...but Grandpa & Grandma are coming for dinner tonight, so hopefully that will take care of at least one of those days.

I need to prepare some meals before I leave. I don't usually do that, but with DS's food issues, I feel like I need to this year. I also need to get his daily surprise bags ready. I started that when he was just 2 yrs old, and now he looks forward to it so much - he's been talking about it for a week already.

For each day that I'm gone, I pack a small gift (like a matchbox car), an edible treat, and a note from me. They are labeled by the day, and he gets to open one each day.

I am also getting so excited. I am about to go make a few final purchases and I will be packing everything up over the next couple days.

Today is July 6. There are only 6 days left until the start of National Conference!Check out the weather report for Chicago. This will help you narrow down your packing choices. One place you can check is: NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. (If you’re having trouble with that link, here’s the address:noaa.gov

Last edited:
I love short weeks at work but it makes it even better that I don't have to work all week next week! DH reminded me this morning that it's usually hard on him when I'm gone like this! I try to make sure I make it to the store so he's stocked up while I'm gone but I'm considering doing something extra special for him but don't know what!

I really need to start making my list and packing!

Pick up a gift certificate to his favorite restaurant. I am going to do that for Pat for one of the three nights. He does not do ANY cooking so I make sure he has complete meals ready to pop in the microwave. But one night, I figured he should not have to.

pampered1224 said:
Pick up a gift certificate to his favorite restaurant. I am going to do that for Pat for one of the three nights. He does not do ANY cooking so I make sure he has complete meals ready to pop in the microwave. But one night, I figured he should not have to.

Good idea John! Thanks!

I also thought I could get a couple of the movies he's been wanting. I know he wouldn't go for the day to day present but I think I'll give it to him when he drops me off for the bus!

By the way, we have already set up Netflix for "his" movies too while I'm gone!

raebates said:
Today is June 6. There are only 6 days left until the start of National Conference!

Check out the weather report for Chicago. This will help you narrow down your packing choices. One place you can check is: NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. (If you’re having trouble with that link, here’s the address:

noaa.gov

I think you mean JULY ;)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this countdown Rae! Thank you for doing it for all of us. Can't wait to see you!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

dannyzmom said:
I think you mean JULY ;)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this countdown Rae! Thank you for doing it for all of us. Can't wait to see you!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ahaha, Carolyn! I didn't even catch that. I think Rae, and all of us, are just stunned that it's July already!

That's what I get for trying to do several things at once. Silly me. LOL! I've fixed it for those who don't really read through everyone's posts. Your quote will explain your comment. (I don't usually fix posts because I don't want people who comment to look insane.;))I'm looking forward to hugging you, Carolyn.

raebates said:
That's what I get for trying to do several things at once. Silly me. LOL! I've fixed it for those who don't really read through everyone's posts. Your quote will explain your comment. (I don't usually fix posts because I don't want people who comment to look insane.;))

I'm looking forward to hugging you, Carolyn.

LOL - I just sent an email to my cluster with info for our booking blitz this month, and told them the dates were June 15-17. I'm right there with ya, Rae!

SOOO Happy! I think I have childcare figured out for my little guy. This has been tough. Because it's the busiest week for my DH, he can't take off any time, and in fact, has to work into the evening at least two days that I'm gone. (It's their Family Festival/Carnival week, and he has to be at 2 different campuses for set-up/tear down, and to direct parking...plus all of his regular tasks.)

So, LG (little guy) will be spending day one with Aunt Lori and his cousins. They live on a farm, and have a pool, so that will be fun for him. DH will pick him up from there after work, and the 2 of them will go to G&G's for dinner. Then, he'll spend the night there, and all day Tuesday. G&G will take him to CrestFest (the family carnival) Tuesday night, and then he'll go home with DH and spend the night at home. Wed, he'll go to my friend Terri's house (Micah's best friend is her son John) and spend the night there Wed. night. G&G will pick him up Thursday Noon, and he'll spend the rest of the day with them.

WHEW! complicated! But now, I can focus on getting ME ready for conference!

Today is July 7. There are only 5 days left until the start of National Conference!If you haven’t already done so, start packing now. It will give you time to remember the little things that may have slipped your mind. Don’t pack right into your suitcase, though. Lay everything out so you can see it. This way you’ll be less likely to over pack. For items that should be hanging on hangers until the last moment, gather them together. Section off a spot in your closet just for those items. Now decide how you’ll pack. Rolling clothes is popular. I prefer stacking everything with plastic in between (bags work well and can be used later) and folding it all together gently. Though, this year I’ll be using a garment bag, for my more wrinkle-prone items.

I have truly enjoyed this thread. I look forward to Rae's words of wisdom everyday. I can not wait to get there. I have never been to Chicago or NC, and now I get to do both.

I agree! The fantastic advice shared by Rae and others here has been invaluable to a newbie like me! The excitement just jumps off the forum with each added thread, I too have never been to either and can not wait!

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not (and I don't have the time to go back through all the posts), but a couple of other things that are handy to pack are:
1. Power Strip (with today's cell phones, cameras, laptops) makes finding open outlets in the hotel rooms much easier.
2. Clothes Hangers- The hotels offer hangers, but with 4 people sharing a room it brings a whole new meaning to "creative hanging".
3. I'm also packing paperplates and napkins. We always get pizza one night back in the room when we can relax in our jammies. It's much easier to eat with plates and napkins rather than worry about not getting sauce on your roommates pillow. Plus they lay flat for packing and will leave a little extra space for the return trip!

Thank You Rae! This thread has been phenonemal! :sing:

This will be conference #4 out of my 8 years as a consultant! I am sooooo very Excited to be going! I NEED to get Excited about my biz again!

My family takes the camper from Northern MN to Indiana Dunes, IN and camps all week. I take the train to downtown Chicago (about 1 hour and 45 minutes), then return. This is the 3rd year we've done this, works out great! We leave on Saturday!

I'm rooming w/a sister consultant/hosp. director and a couple consultants from her down line.

I want to go to the Meet 'n Greet too! I've got my CS button, from a couple years ago. :chef:

Yes, I do agree we need the "Like" button for the posts too! :thumbup:

Rae, your organization; packing; hotel; travel tips are Spot-On! :) Thank you so much!
I had forgotten about a couple of these, so now I've got my list going!

I can't wait! We traveled up to Chicago-land area last week and are visiting family. I'm SO ready to hit the train and get to the city! (Too much family drama lately!!) :)

It's been my pleasure. I really do this for 2 reasons--(1) I'm really excited about NC, (2) it helps to keep me on track so I'm not rushing around at the last minute. Karen, I did mention those things, but not everyone reads every single post, so reminders are good.

Today is July 8. There are only 4 days left until the start of National Conference!

Don’t forget your meds and vitamins. As a diabetic, I take several prescription meds and a whole passel of vitamins and supplements. If you have regular medications you take, make sure to take plenty with you. These are not things you’ll want to put in your checked baggage if you’re flying. I always make sure to take an extra day’s supply just in case something happens to delay my return.

I’m serious about the vitamins, too. If you’re used to taking a daily multi-vitamin, you’ll want to continue that even at NC. A tiny zippered bag would hold enough to get you through NC and would fit in just about any purse or bag.

raebates said:
Today is July 8. There are only 4 days left until the start of National Conference!

Don’t forget your meds and vitamins. As a diabetic, I take several prescription meds and a whole passel of vitamins and supplements. If you have regular medications you take, make sure to take plenty with you. These are not things you’ll want to put in your checked baggage if you’re flying. I always make sure to take an extra day’s supply just in case something happens to delay my return.

I’m serious about the vitamins, too. If you’re used to taking a daily multi-vitamin, you’ll want to continue that even at NC. A tiny zippered bag would hold enough to get you through NC and would fit in just about any purse or bag.

I take a liquid vitamin from Emergen-C. It tastes great, and is very easy to keep in your purse and just pour into a glass of water. So, if you forget to take your vitamin in the morning, just take it while you're sipping a bottle of water. I also have packets of Emergen-C vitamin C, for extra defense while I'm away.

(I take the liquid, because I have a problem metabolizing and digesting most vitamins.)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002HWRY44/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I know that you can get it at Target for a really good price!

SOOOO Excited! Packing is underway - for me, and for the little guy for his different daycare locations.

DH has worked it out so that DS won't have to spend the night at anyone's house. I think he just didn't want to be by himself for 4 days! BUT the way that it's worked out, I won't have to have any dinners made ahead!

Mon: DS goes to his cousins for the day. Aunt L has invited DH to stay for dinner when he comes to pick up DS...so dinner will be there.

Tues: DS goes to his best friends for the day. BF's Mom will be bringing both boys to the Carnival at DH's work and they will eat for FREE there, along with DH. DH will take DS home with him at the end of the evening.

Wed: DS will go to Grandpa & Grandma's. DH will stay for dinner when he comes to pick up DS, and then take him home for the night.

Thurs.: Back to G&G's for the day, and I'll be home that evening!

raebates said:

As far as traveling with meds, my mom taught me a great trick. She uses a small zip-up lunch bag to hold everything in. It easily keeps everything in one place.
Everyone might already have a way to travel with meds, but I just wanted to add to the 'wall of advice"! :)

Don't forget, liquids need to be in ziploc bag and shown at security.

I am SOO excited!!!!:chef: :chef: :chef:

Last edited:
Tomorrow is my last day of work before conference!!!! A whole week off!

wadesgirl said:

Me too!!! And a show on the 17th that I hope I'm not TOO overly excited at and scare people away. I just know that when you get back from conference, you just want to explode with all the new information and ideas!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ChefMary412 said:
As far as traveling with meds, my mom taught me a great trick. She uses a small zip-up lunch bag to hold everything in. It easily keeps everything in one place.
Everyone might already have a way to travel with meds, but I just wanted to add to the 'wall of advice"! :)

I would not do this for any prescription meds! Any prescriptions (especially narcotics) should be kept in their original bottle with your name and info on it!!
Just don't want anyone to run in to any problems at the airport getting meds taken away! I might be a little paranoid, but hubby is a pharmacist, so we must do it by the book!! ;)

wadesgirl said:

Today is actually my last day before Conference. I have funeral leave tomorrow (Friday) for my grandfather who passed away on Wednesday. Viewing on Saturday and then I leave for Chicago on Sunday. What a week. Bad circumstances but I kind of start my "vacation" early. ;)

kayleigh said:
Today is actually my last day before Conference. I have funeral leave tomorrow (Friday) for my grandfather who passed away on Wednesday. Viewing on Saturday and then I leave for Chicago on Sunday. What a week. Bad circumstances but I kind of start my "vacation" early. ;)

I was going to say AWESOME! until I read the reason why! Sorry to hear that - look at it this way, you can still make it to conference!

Wish tomorrow was my last day of work for good and was just doing PC full time. There's my goal for the next 6 months!

mscharf said:
I would not do this for any prescription meds! Any prescriptions (especially narcotics) should be kept in their original bottle with your name and info on it!!
Just don't want anyone to run in to any problems at the airport getting meds taken away! I might be a little paranoid, but hubby is a pharmacist, so we must do it by the book!! ;)

I'm pretty sure she was talking about putting the bottles of meds in a zip top bag....not dumping them out into one. (-:

wadesgirl said:

Me TOOOOOOOOOOOO I CANT WAIT FOR THAT!!!!! :sing:

kayleigh said:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. I just lost my grandma this past week and the funeral was yesterday so I know exactly how you are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I just signed up as a consultant today!!!! I am so excited and am considering attending NC this year. Where do I sign up for it?

I was on the FAA web site specifically looking to see if I needed to put my meds in their original bottles. I take 4 a day, and two are taken twice a day ... so for simplicity's sake, I mix my iron pill and my Metformin and carry them in the same bottle. Red and white .. easy to tell apart. Also, I keep my Met in a 7 year old bottle b/c it's small enough to fit into my purse, even though the dose has changed. FAA web site says clearly that medication labeling is recommended but NOT required .... good news b/c when I fly next month, I will not be checking ANYTHING.I'm sad that I will not be there ... duty calls, and part of the reason I backed out was that I didn't get $150 for opening a checking account as soon as I thought I would. When the money showed up, I was gleeful but I felt a twinge of sadness over not using it to be with you all. I will be living vicariously through your posts!

Welcome aboard iteachncook! As of right now the only way to register for NC is on site. They've made it clear that there will be plenty of openings.

raebates said:
Welcome aboard iteachncook! As of right now the only way to register for NC is on site. They've made it clear that there will be plenty of openings.
Thanks. This is my 3rd stint with PC. Life always got in the way before. I never attended conference before so I thought I'd do so this time. How much is the onsite registration fee?

It's $275. If you go to CC you can still follow the links for all of the information. You just can't register or reserve a hotel room.

I believe since you just signed up the cost will be $200 instead.

That's probably true, Chris.

Today is July 9. There are only 3 days left until the start of National Conference.

Have you checked the fridge? This would be a great day to make note of anything that’s getting low so that you can pick it up. You don’t want their memory of your NC trip to be that there was no milk for their Cocoa Puffs. This will also give you an opportunity to pick up those healthy snacks you’re going to take along. You can unpack them from the grocery bags right into your suitcase so no one else will be tempted to eat them.

Yah I consider my count down to be at 0! Last day of work today! That's where my count down ended! I have to run to the store tonight and pick up a few last things and then get my bag all packed! Cannot wait!!!

Bought my sweater yesterday to go with my Dress - so I have everything I personally need.

This morning, I am shopping for gift bags for my cluster/roommates. I have a snacks for them, but need to buy the other little gifts - notebooks, pens, etc...

ChefChris said:
I believe since you just signed up the cost will be $200 instead.
You're right Chris. It's $200 for those who signed up after June 15. Booked my flights last night and I'm headed to Chicago! I'm so excited!

Question: Is everyone bringing a carry one... or are most people checking baggage?

Jode7227 said:
Question: Is everyone bringing a carry one... or are most people checking baggage?

We aren't flying but if I was I would just bring a carry on - that's all I've ever done.

Jode7227 said:

I will definitely be checking my bags. :)

wadesgirl said:
We aren't flying but if I was I would just bring a carry on - that's all I've ever done.

We are flying Southwest, so bags fly free. Since we are in no hurry arriving or leaving I will check my bags. Don't have to lug them around!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates