• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

2011 Countdown to National Conference

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Nope, Becca. You've covered that well. And, I prefer not to think about what might be lurking. Eewww.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Today is July 3. There are only 4 days left until the start of National Conference!

Don’t forget your meds and vitamins. As a diabetic, I take several prescription meds and a whole passel of vitamins and supplements. If you have regular medications you take, make sure to take plenty with you. These are not things you’ll want to put in your checked baggage if you’re flying. I always make sure to take an extra day’s supply just in case something happens to delay my return.

I’m serious about the vitamins, too. If you’re used to taking a daily multi-vitamin, you’ll want to continue that even at NC. A tiny zippered bag would hold enough to get you through NC and would fit in just about any purse or bag.

pchockeymom

Veteran Member
Jan 1, 2011
triple dog blech!!

TOTALLY!!!

Now I want to pitch a tent and sleep in the park! Maybe I'll pack an air mattress.

I'm totally creeped out now.

chefa

Advanced Member
Jul 21, 2009
Yuck, hadn't thought about those nasty little buggers! Brings new meaning to the old saying, "sleep tight and don't get the bedbugs bite"! :-D

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
Yuck, hadn't thought about those nasty little buggers! Brings new meaning to the old saying, "sleep tight and don't get the bedbugs bite"! :-D

If I bring a small can of Lysol and spray the heck out of the bed before touching it or putting anything on it, am I safe then?

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009
I don't think Lysol will do anything to them. If you find bugs in the bed, don't touch anything - not even the walls - and get a different room on a different floor, preferably several floors away.

ChefShalon

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2010
Im sleeping on an air mattress with my own sheets and blankets... So I dont need to worry to much over bed bugs this was our way of saving on the hotel room squese more it in.. lol

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Today is July 4. There are only 3 days left until the start of National Conference!

Happy Independence Day!

Have you checked the fridge? This would be a great day to make note of anything that’s gotten low after your celebrations so that you can pick those things up. You don’t want their memory of your NC trip to be that there was no milk for their morning cereal. This will also give you an opportunity to pick up those healthy snacks you’re going to take along. You can unpack them from the grocery bags right into your suitcase so no one else will be tempted to eat them.

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Today is July 4. There are only 3 days left until the start of National Conference!

Happy Independence Day!

Have you checked the fridge? This would be a great day to make note of anything that’s gotten low after your celebrations so that you can pick those things up. You don’t want their memory of your NC trip to be that there was no milk for their morning cereal. This will also give you an opportunity to pick up those healthy snacks you’re going to take along. You can unpack them from the grocery bags right into your suitcase so no one else will be tempted to eat them.

I am so blessed to have a Mother-In-Law who is not only taking care of my little guy for me while I'm gone, but she is also feeding both of my men dinner Wed, Thurs, and Fri!
I have packed lunches planned for the little guy to take with him to Grandma's house, and so DH only has to worry about lunches for himself (which he usually does anyway) and breakfast for them both. That's easy - I'm baking high protein blueberry muffins, and the fridge is stocked with yogurt, and I'm making a batch of soaked oat porridge for them to heat up if they want cereal. Right now I have a 9x13 pan of Chocolate Chip Blondies in the oven, and that should be enough for them to last through the week for a snack.

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
I am so blessed to have a Mother-In-Law who is not only taking care of my little guy for me while I'm gone, but she is also feeding both of my men dinner Wed, Thurs, and Fri!
I have packed lunches planned for the little guy to take with him to Grandma's house, and so DH only has to worry about lunches for himself (which he usually does anyway) and breakfast for them both. That's easy - I'm baking high protein blueberry muffins, and the fridge is stocked with yogurt, and I'm making a batch of soaked oat porridge for them to heat up if they want cereal. Right now I have a 9x13 pan of Chocolate Chip Blondies in the oven, and that should be enough for them to last through the week for a snack.

Can you share your blueberry muffin recipe?

ChefBeckyD

Legend Member
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2005
Can you share your blueberry muffin recipe?

Here is the link. It's a new recipe that I'm trying, but I've been baking quite a bit with coconut flour and really like it. The changes I'll be making are to use honey instead of agave, and I'll also use coconut oil in place of the grapeseed oil.

***The properties of coconut flour are such that you can't really substitute a different flour though, without majorly changing the rest of the recipe too.

http://www.elanaspantry.com/blueberry-muffins/

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
The Sheraton had some listings from 2010. Fingers crossed they got it cleared up.

Not the Sheraton that is a Conference Hotel:
"301 E North Water St
Chicago, IL 60611-4318
There are no bedbug encounters on record for this address."

chefa

Advanced Member
Jul 21, 2009
Whew! Thanks for double checking that Carolyn!

Chef Bobby

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2007
Can someone from the Chicago area explain what some of our relatives (from the Chicago area) are trying to warn us about? They said that if we see a large group of teens to turn around and go the other way. Anyone know anything about that?

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009
I think they're talking about flash mobs that have been vandalizing and beating people up. I wasn't really paying attention when it was on the national news (I'm not in IL).

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Today is July 7. There are only 2 days left until the start of National Conference!

Clear my camera’s SD card so I’ll have plenty of room for pictures. Check.

Extra batteries for camera. Check.

Sticky note on luggage reminding me to grab my cell phone charger. Check.

Don’t forget to make sure you’re set for all of your electronic gadgets. If you pay roaming charges with your cell plan, you might check to see if you can add Chicago to your plan for just a few days. It could save you a bundle.

DeannaK1022

Jun 3, 2010
I think they're talking about flash mobs that have been vandalizing and beating people up. I wasn't really paying attention when it was on the national news (I'm not in IL).

Yes thats what they are talking about. I haven't heard any in the last couple weeks, but I'm in the suburbs. It's like any big city, stay alert and stay in groups in the evening.

jbondr

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2008
Hmm...I thought today was July 5th.

May 3, 2011
she's so excited she's already in Chicago mentally :)

ChefShalon

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2010
lol I forgot my charger for phone! had to be another. I am already having great fun in chicago with my new found buddy Laurie! :) We went to the field and it was awesome!

Chef Bobby

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2007
My wife and I are here at the Hilton already. Took a rickshaw ride through the park.
Is it ok to put our cell number on here?

kristina16marie

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2009
lol I forgot my charger for phone! had to be another. I am already having great fun in chicago with my new found buddy Laurie! :) We went to the field and it was awesome!

laurie garza-carl?

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009
laurie garza-carl?

Probably! That girl gets around :) Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow Kristina! Laurie said maybe Navy Pier. Do you know if she's thinking of walking there from the Hilton or cabbing it?

ChefCKHall

Advanced Member
Jan 30, 2010
DANG! I hate it when people are having fun without me...... :)

Chef Bobby

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2007
For those on a budget, I was told that you can walk out by the lake near the hotel (Hilton) and see the fireworks.

cookinforyou

Gold Member
Nov 4, 2009
We are leaving in 10 hours and I am so excited I can't sleep! Thank goodness I am not driving first :)
I haven't been on much (busy with the kids and business) but I have my button and I am ready to meet all of you terrific people!!
Look out Chicago, here WE come!!

Jan (staying at the Hilton):sing:

Last edited:

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Today is July 6. Tomorrow National Conference begins!

Don’t obsess too much about what you might have forgotten to pack. You’ll be in Chicago. There’s little you could have forgotten that can’t be purchased easily near where you’re staying.

See everyone soon! I’m leaving in just a little while, and I’ll be praying for safe travel for everyone. The fun is about to begin!

Thank you for reading my notes and indulging me in my need to keep myself on track and to share tidbits of information.

otisbg

Advanced Member
Gold Member
May 5, 2008
and know that we all thank you - Rae!
Travel safe. I take off in 4 hours.

angel7581

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2009
Only thing I can't seem to find is my Chef Success button .. had it just last week. :( I leave in 2 hours so I will keep looking til then.

Chef Bobby

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2007
Only thing I can't seem to find is my Chef Success button .. had it just last week. :( I leave in 2 hours so I will keep looking til then.

I realized when I got here that I left my CS button at home.

Chef Bobby

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2007
For those staying at the Chicago Hilton; I'm on the 10th floor and there's men working just outside our window.

RoseAndrews

Feb 13, 2011

Oooh, thanks for the reminder angel! I would have forgotten mine, just packed it!

TerraOB83

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2007
Were on our way to Chicago yay

Chef Bobby

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 1, 2007
Anyone think it's wrong to share the internet code for the Hilton? Will save everyone at least $10 per day.

straitfan

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2006
I can't find my CS button either! I'm not leaving til this evening, so I've got time for some frantic searching! (I remember I took it to Spring Launch.....but where did I put it then!?!?!?)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views