• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Countdown to National Conference

In summary, the conversation revolved around National Conference and attendees discussing various aspects such as workshop selection, registration refunds, and attire. Tips were also shared and questions were asked about tracks and a possible Chef Success gathering. The recommended attire is business casual with no denim or shorts.
I look forward to the updates every morning! I am at my desk at work by 6am. After the coffee is made, I have my coffee while perusing ChefSuccess. I realized this morning that I always scroll down to Rae's Countdown first!
Thank you Rae. Thanks to you, I am so much more organized for Conference as compared to last year
You make my day!:sing:

Well, thank you for the kind words, Linda.

Always my pleasure

otisbg said:
I look forward to the updates every morning! I am at my desk at work by 6am. After the coffee is made, I have my coffee while perusing ChefSuccess. I realized this morning that I always scroll down to Rae's Countdown first!
Thank you Rae. Thanks to you, I am so much more organized for Conference as compared to last year
You make my day!:sing:

Ditto what she said!!
xoxo

This is my favorite thread right now, too! Some extremely helpful tips (especially today's- LOL). Thanks, Rae!

Hey Barbe
I threw some envelopes I found in my desk drawer, into my work bag for us to use for tips for the housekeepers!!!
I also have pull out my suitcase this weekend and start organizing as Rae has taught me!! :cool:

otisbg said:
Hey Barbe
I threw some envelopes I found in my desk drawer, into my work bag for us to use for tips for the housekeepers!!!
I also have pull out my suitcase this weekend and start organizing as Rae has taught me!! :cool:

Crap that reminds me I need to get to my sister's to borrow hers. Well actually I should probably ask first! :cool:

Thanks for the ideas ya'll :) This is the first thread I go to every day too!I got a super cute suitcase for Mother's day this year, it's chocolate brown with pink polka dots and a cute pink bow (so me!) but,....it's huge! Believe me, I would have no problem filling it....but the airline charges extra for bags over 50 lbs....

otisbg said:
Hey Barbe

Yet another example of why we need a *Like* button in this forum!:thumbup:

Rae, that's an awesome tip (no pun intended) - I always leave the tip at the end of the stay, too, and never thought about the fact there might be different people each morning.

Today is June 26. There are only 16 days until the start of National Conference.

I know I keep harping about packing light. Now I'm going to tell you to bring something extra--a small first-aid kit. A blister, a headache, or an upset stomach can really make it difficult to enjoy NC. If possible, make it something small you can carry with you during the day. A few Band-aids, some aspirin, and some tummy tablets will fit in a small zippered bag and are well worth the space they take up.

raebates said:
Today is June 26. There are only 16 days until the start of National Conference.

I know I keep harping about packing light. Now I'm going to tell you to bring something extra--a small first-aid kit. A blister, a headache, or an upset stomach can really make it difficult to enjoy NC. If possible, make it something small you can carry with you during the day. A few Band-aids, some aspirin, and some tummy tablets will fit in a small zippered bag and are well worth the space they take up.
My favorite thing is moleskin. It can be found in the foot care section. This is great for blisters but also great to put inside of shoes that rub the wrong way. I have sneakers and sandals that I have stuck the moleskin inside of the shoe in spots that always rub.

wadesgirl said:
My favorite thing is moleskin. It can be found in the foot care section. This is great for blisters but also great to put inside of shoes that rub the wrong way. I have sneakers and sandals that I have stuck the moleskin inside of the shoe in spots that always rub.

I invested in some moleskin last year and it was a LIFESSAVER!!!!

Today is June 27. There are only 15 days until the start of National Conference.Take just a moment or two to think about your goal for yourself at NC. What do you hope to get out of it? Fun is fun, and I’m looking forward to lots of fun and foolishness. It’s important to remember, though, that the real purpose of NC is to learn from the workshops and from each other. Be prepared to meet your NC goals. Think about what you want to learn. Here’s an exercise that some coaches use. Look around the room you're in. Now close your eyes and think of everything you saw that was green. Okay, now look around your office and notice everything that’s green. I’d just about guarantee that you noticed more green things when you were looking for them. Knowing what you hope to learn helps you to notice it when it’s presented. I plan to write down a few questions for each workshop. I’ll look these over before the workshop starts so I’ll remember what I hope to learn. It will also help when they ask for questions at the end of the workshop, in case one of mine is still unanswered. Write down some additional questions you have, and go over them a time or two so you’re ready to ask them of the people who’ve achieved the level to which you’re aspiring. Think about what you do well and what changes you’ve made in the last year that have helped you. This will help you to have an answer ready when someone turns to you for advice. Brand new and don’t feel like you have any advice to offer? Think about one or two things you wish someone had told you when you signed up. This is great info for people who are recruiting.

pampered1224 said:
CAN NOT WAIT!!!! Beth and Bobbi - where are the relatives? Just curious, and to be honest, nosy, as I live in Milwaukee WI and Bobbi - you said an hour and half train ride and Beth - you mentioned WI.
Also, make sure that you have your CS buttons and your postcards from your sales with you. Any freebie from HO is a good freebie!

My son lives in Milwaukee near 99th St/Wauwatosa area. We grew up in South Milwaukee (the city not the area of town) and I have 3 sons living there still. We also lived in LaCrosse and then Waukesha for some time before moving to NC (and Cudahy for a short time years ago - I was the "welcome wagon lady" there). We plan to visit with some of our Waukesha friends on this visit - usually don't have time for that but this year we're taking a longer visit. 2 of my sons started/are in the band Conniption (metal but they are good - not just mom talking). They play all over Milwaukee. Check them out!

Today is June 28. There are only 14 days until the start of National Conference. Two weeks, people!Arriving early or staying an extra day? Talk to your cluster or traveling buddies about any touristy things you want to do—shop, see a play, visit a museum, etc. Check online for special savings, coupons, and even ideas.

Beth that is too funny! I live in "Piggsville" which is just south of the Miller Valley and north of I-94! Under the Wisconsin Avenue Viaduct as we say. So if you go over it, turn and look south and down, and that is us.

I'm loving this countdown. I get more excited every time I see the ____ days 'til conference! :) My first time around and just cannot wait!!

Sheila, it's my 5th, and I can't wait!

It's my 5th one too and they are so much fun!Can't wait:)

Today is June 29. There are only 13 days until the start of National Conference.Be sure to wear comfy shoes when you travel to and from NC. Flying? In many places ALL footwear must be removed for x-ray screening. Shoes that slip off and on easily will save time and frustration. Well, at least some of the frustration.

Today is June 30. There are only 12 days until the start of National Conference.Do you snore? I do. Talk to your roommates about what to do if someone’s snoring is disturbing you. I usually tell my roommates that if I’m snoring too loud they are welcome to shake me, wake me, turn me over, suffocate me with a pillow, whatever it takes.

This will be my first conference!! I was supposed to go last year - had registered, purchased my flight, etc., and found out 3 days prior to leaving that my husband had tonsil cancer. He's doing GREAT now, and I am super excited about going!!

pattikake said:
This will be my first conference!! I was supposed to go last year - had registered, purchased my flight, etc., and found out 3 days prior to leaving that my husband had tonsil cancer. He's doing GREAT now, and I am super excited about going!!

Now that you say that - I remember that last year!:(

I'm so glad that he's doing well, and that you get to join us at conference this year. What a blessing!

pattikake said:

Last year, which was my first NC, my Director ended up not being able to go because she had pneumonia!

I'm so glad to hear your hubby is doing well. I'm sure that was a scary time for you - which will make NC an even sweeter experience this year.

Pattikake, I'm glad to hear the good news about your husband. You'll love NC!

Today is July 1. There are only 11 days until the start of National Conference.You will have an opportunity to meet and learn from lots of people at NC. DO NOT spend all of your time with your clustermates. You already know a lot of what they have to tell you. I realize that most people are a little more reserved than I. (Everyone who has ever met me has just fallen off their chairs, laughing at that understatement.) Using the buddy system is fine. But, make sure that you’re surrounded by people you don’t know. Engage them in conversation. Go armed with the questions you want the answers to. (What is your best advice for getting bookings? If you were to name the most important thing you do in order to get recruits, what would it be? What are you hoping to learn at NC? What are the three things you’re anxious to try when you get home?) Who knows, you just might make a new friend.

I won't even have the luxury of knowing anyone there!! My director can't go, so she hooked me up to stay with some people she knows but I've never met! It is definitely going to be interesting, kind of nervous about knowing absolutely no one!

Careyann said:
I won't even have the luxury of knowing anyone there!! My director can't go, so she hooked me up to stay with some people she knows but I've never met! It is definitely going to be interesting, kind of nervous about knowing absolutely no one![/QUOTE

The first year I went I traveled alone and stayed with ladies I had never met. I had a great time. They really took me "under their wing" so to speak. Sometimes being on your own is nice because you can just go with the flow and not worry about what anyone else wants to do.

Get the PH#'s of some of your favorite cheffers and definitely hit the meet n greet!

Thanks, that is what I am hoping for. I plan on being at the meet and greet, I've got my pin! I fly in at 11:00 that Monday morning so I should be able to be over there. I need to find out what the ladies I am staying with are planning because I have promised my daughter (she turns 12 on July 12th!) that I will find the American Girl store and get her something she wants there! So if anyone else has to do that and wants to go with me, I'd love it! My husband is freaking out because of some recent murder's in south Chicago about me going and is insisting I not be out at all after dark, but I told him I will be with other people I'm sure and I shouldn't need to walk, they do have cabs! (I hate when he does that because then I start to get nervous!)

Carey: Where are you staying? And what does your Tuesday evening look like? There is some shopping I would like to do that evening since I already have plans for Monday and Wednesday evenings. Maybe we could go together. Though I usually take the bus not a cab.

Too funny...my clustermates are from Minnesota. I'm from California! I've never met my director personally...she's a long-time online friend. So...technically hanging out with my cluster mates will be hanging out with people Ive never met! :)

I am staying at the Sheraton, and really I have no plans as of yet! So my Tuesday night is free as far as I know! I definitely want to do some shopping while I am there, so that would work perfect for me! Bus, cab, whatever is fine with me! PM me with your info so we can connect while there!

Today is July 2. There are only 10 days until the start of National Conference.Driving? Make sure you check out your vehicle before you leave. Do this even if your only driving is to the next town to catch a plane, train, or bus. The Furry Guy will be checking my oil, water, washer fluid, and tire pressure. Trust me; you don’t want to break down on the way, especially if it’s something that could have been prevented.

raebates said:
Today is July 2. There are only 10 days until the start of National Conference.

Driving? Make sure you check out your vehicle before you leave. Do this even if your only driving is to the next town to catch a plane, train, or bus. The Furry Guy will be checking my oil, water, washer fluid, and tire pressure. Trust me; you don’t want to break down on the way, especially if it’s something that could have been prevented.

Got to say this is a good one! I took my van in this week for scheduled maintenance. Two of my three engine mount brackets were broken. Ugh....NOT good. Plus my tires were bad (front were the worse)- he said a sharp rock or glass would be enough to puncture them. So had all of that, plus my timing belt (it was due), and all fluids changed. UGGH...Very expensive, but a 1000 mile trip, didn't want to find out the hard way!

See you in Chi-town!

Does anyone know if we need to adhere to the "dress code" for registration and the scavenger hunt?

Does anyone know if we need to adhere to the "dress code" for registration and the scavenger hunt?

Good question. I was planning on wearing blue jean capri's. I figure that since the conference really does not start until Tuesday, it will be ok. I am sure that others will weigh in on that opinion...

I'm not sure if I will - probably jean capris too - being five months pregnant, I only have so many dressy clothes that fit :(

AmyDare said:
Too funny...my clustermates are from Minnesota. I'm from California! I've never met my director personally...she's a long-time online friend. So...technically hanging out with my cluster mates will be hanging out with people Ive never met! :)

I know what you mean. I live in Florida and all my cluster mates that are going live in NJ. We are rooming together. One I met last year at conference and the other I have never met.

angel7581 said:

My theory is that if I'm at McCormick Place interacting with HO people I'm at NC. I would assume the dress code applies.

Today is July 3. There are only 9 days until the start of National Conference.Don’t forget to take address labels with you. Some speakers will have handouts. Sometimes they run low. You’ll want to make sure they have your address, and a sheet of address labels is easy to carry and use. You can make things even easier by bringing a few self-addressed envelopes. That way you can just write what you want them to send on the back.

"Does anyone know if we need to adhere to the "dress code" for registration and the scavenger hunt?"Monday will probably be my most casual day but still no blue jeans for me.

etteluap70PC said:
"Does anyone know if we need to adhere to the "dress code" for registration and the scavenger hunt?"

Monday will probably be my most casual day but still no blue jeans for me.

I was wondering the same thing, I am flying in from FL and would normally travel in shorts. I would not want to be OUT of Dress Code.

My theory is that if I'm at McCormick Place dealing with people from the HO, then I should adhere to the dress code.

Guess I should find one more outfit then.

Bill Faber said:
I was wondering the same thing, I am flying in from FL and would normally travel in shorts. I would not want to be OUT of Dress Code.

Bill,
I know what you mean, I'm flying from FL too. You may want to check the weather first on Monday. Last year I got on the plane and it was 92 degrees here and in Chicago it was 65 and raining. Quite a difference.

I think Monday will be very casual, just picking up registration pack and visiting some booths, you won't be there for that long. Unless you are going to first timers or some other meeting, you probably could get away with nice jeans and a polo. The other days - business casual.
But hey, this is just my opinion. Other people may go with business casual Monday too - up to you.

KaryCam said:
Bill,
I know what you mean, I'm flying from FL too. You may want to check the weather first on Monday. Last year I got on the plane and it was 92 degrees here and in Chicago it was 65 and raining. Quite a difference.

I think Monday will be very casual, just picking up registration pack and visiting some booths, you won't be there for that long. Unless you are going to first timers or some other meeting, you probably could get away with nice jeans and a polo. The other days - business casual.
But hey, this is just my opinion. Other people may go with business casual Monday too - up to you.

I agree. It's really not a conference day unless you are a director or above. If I didn't have meetings or workshops, I'd be in my jean capri's.

Today is July 4. There are only 8 days until the start of National Conference.If possible, you might want to consider taking your own pillow along. I know that I like my memory foam better than most hotel pillows. I sleep better, making me more wide awake and alert so I can absorb all those great ideas at NC!

Just checked the 10 day forecast and they are predicting sunny and low 70's for Monday - 7/12. Last year in wave 3, we had lower temps and drizzle a few days.

so far:
Monday - sunny, H 81, L 67
Tuesday - sunny, H 83, L 69

I am SO looking forward to the cooler weather. Summer in SW FL is just HOT.

Yeppers...you gave the latest forecast. Hope it holds true until we get there.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates