• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Correcting Errors on a 1099: How to Do It & How Long It Takes

I called and spoke with a guy who could barely speak English and he told me that I would not get a new 1099 because I had already received one.I called and spoke with a guy who could barely speak English and he told me that I would not get a new 1099 because I had already received one.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
There is an error on my 1099. I call HO and ask for the correction right? And will they send me a new one or will I just download it ... and if anyone has done this.. .how long did it take to make the correction?

quiverfull7 said:
There is an error on my 1099. I call HO and ask for the correction right? And will they send me a new one or will I just download it ... and if anyone has done this.. .how long did it take to make the correction?

They issued me two PC Bucks vouchers after the stoneware sellathon and I called and they had cancelled one so it couldn't be used... which was fine.,.. I didn't earn it... but I SPECIFICALLY stated that I wanted to make certain that it didn't get credited to me on my 1099 ... OH NO... that won't happen at all! Well... guess what! :) It did! Double check your 1099's is all I can say.

Exact same mistake on mine.
When I called I was connected to some guy who spoke broken English and basically told me it wasn't worth hassling with...I was ticked. Have you made any progress?

Hmmm... not yet but I'm on hold ... it wasn't too much hassle for them to cancell that voucher they sent by mistake and I was honest enough to call and tell them ... If I get anyone who doesn't speak or understand English so that I am assured that I KNOW they understand what I am telling them, I'll ask for a supervisor... with any company...not just ours. I'll keep you updated

Okay... I got a guy with an accent but he was very kind and quite helpful. He said he was logging in LOTS of complaints and then read me an email that we should all be receiving shortly about the errors and corrections... He said ALWAYS call us! Always! You can find good help sometimes! :)

quiverfull7 said:
Okay... I got a guy with an accent but he was very kind and quite helpful. He said he was logging in LOTS of complaints and then read me an email that we should all be receiving shortly about the errors and corrections... He said ALWAYS call us! Always! You can find good help sometimes! :)

So should I call back again & hopefully get a better guy or should I wait for the email?
What are they going to do to fix them?

He just said that the email says that the corrections were being done, that a new, corrected 1099 would be mailed and available online to download but he could not tell me when. When I asked him when, he just said they were doing the corrections now. If I were you, I'd call back. The more peoeple they hear from the better....and I still have NOT received the email he claimed we had all been sent this morning.

I had to call when I saw mine on the internete b/c they had my shipping address( which is my work address) on it and instead of my home address.

My december commission was not listed. I only had 2 small shows on dec 1, but they were not on there. I guess I'll be calling as well!

I looked at mine and it has an error. I was one of those who accidently got the HWC cups and squares and sent them back but they are still on my 1099. Got transferred 3 times and left a message on someone's voice mail. Hope I get a new one.

Ann

I never got the email that the guy told me we were all being sent. Did anyone else?

quiverfull7 said:
I never got the email that the guy told me we were all being sent. Did anyone else?

Nope, not I.

Related to Correcting Errors on a 1099: How to Do It & How Long It Takes

What is a 1099 form and why is it important?

A 1099 form is a tax form used to report income earned from sources other than an employer, such as freelance work or investment income. It is important because it must be filed with the IRS and can affect your tax liability.

How do I correct errors on a 1099 form?

If you have made an error on a 1099 form, you will need to file a corrected form, known as a 1099-COR. This form can be filed electronically or by mail, and you will need to provide the correct information as well as an explanation for the correction.

How long does it take to correct errors on a 1099 form?

The timeframe for correcting errors on a 1099 form depends on several factors, such as how the form was originally filed and the method used to file the corrected form. Generally, it can take a few weeks to several months for the correction to be processed by the IRS.

What are the consequences of not correcting errors on a 1099 form?

If you do not correct errors on a 1099 form, you may face penalties from the IRS for filing incorrect information. This can result in additional taxes owed, interest, and potential legal action. It is important to correct any errors as soon as possible.

Can I amend a 1099 form after the filing deadline?

Yes, you can amend a 1099 form after the filing deadline. However, it is best to do so as soon as you notice the error to avoid potential penalties. If the deadline has passed, you may also need to file a request for an extension of time to file the corrected form.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• patty42240
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • sarahsellcm