• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Cornish Hens in Deep Covered Baker

In summary, the recommended cooking time for Cornish hens in a deep covered baker is 45-50 minutes at 400°F. It is important to preheat the baker for 10 minutes before adding the hens. Frozen hens can also be used, but they will require a longer cooking time and should be fully thawed before cooking. A combination of herbs and spices like rosemary, thyme, garlic, and lemon is recommended for a flavorful marinade. The deep covered baker can also be used to cook other types of meat, but adjustments to cooking time and temperature may be necessary.
cheftiffany
Has anyone tried Cornish Hens In the DCB?

I was just listening to the recorded call from Darla Olemann recapping Spring Launch and she mentioned hosting a Stoneware Workshop. It's on sale this month and you could pretty easily put that together in a few days and possibly get bookings and sales out of it. Maybe a quick "demo" for a mystery host show so I think that is what I am going to do and try to get it together for the coming week. Any tips or suggestions?

-day in the life of a bar pan
-micro cake in fluted pan--Strawberry Cheesecake is an old one but I did it the other day and we ate the heck out of it plus it's a great Pink recipe for HWC
-Cookies on the large round
-Family sized baked burrito on the rectangle stone
-2 cornish Hens in the square baker for light eaters or small families--great stay at home date night candle-lit dinner
-Lasagna in the Rectangle Baker
-Meatloaf in the Fluted, Muffin Pan, mini-loaf and loaf. Great way to season your stones.
-Dips in the small stones or double the recipe for the Deep Dish Baker or Square baker
-Warm Brie with our new sauces poured over top on the Small Bar pan
-Beer Chicken in the fluted where you stand the chicken up on the middle piece and put veggies in the bottom.
--of course there are a ton of things to do with the DCB

Ok so I think I will talk about half of these and make about 4 of them--Brie, cookies, Cake, and dips. May even throw a Chicken in there. Not too much and not too expensive. It will all depend on the response I get.

What do you all think?

I haven't personally tried Cornish hens in the DCB, but I have used it for other dishes and it always turns out great. I love the idea of hosting a Stoneware Workshop and using the sale this month to potentially get bookings and sales. I think the quick "demo" for a mystery host show is a great idea to generate interest and excitement.As for tips, I would suggest highlighting the versatility of the DCB and how it can be used for a variety of dishes, from sweets like the micro cake in the fluted pan to savory dishes like the family-sized baked burrito. I also love the idea of using it for a romantic candle-lit dinner with the 2 cornish hens in the square baker.Some other suggestions for dishes to showcase in the workshop could be a day in the life of a bar pan with different meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, or using the fluted pan for a meatloaf and mini-loaves to showcase how it can be used for portion control.Overall, I think your plan to make about 4 dishes and see the response is a good approach. It's not too overwhelming for you to prepare and it gives your guests a good taste of what the DCB can do. Good luck with your workshop!

Hi there! I have tried Cornish Hens in the DCB and they turned out absolutely delicious! It's definitely a great option for a light and fancy dinner. As for hosting a Stoneware Workshop, that's a fantastic idea! I've found that hosting workshops is a great way to introduce new recipes and products to customers and can lead to some great bookings and sales. Some tips and suggestions I have are to make sure you have all the necessary supplies for the recipes you plan to make, have some extra recipes printed out for guests to take home, and don't be afraid to get creative and share some of your own personal favorite recipes using our stoneware. Good luck with your workshop!

What is the cooking time for Cornish hens in a deep covered baker?

The recommended cooking time for Cornish hens in a deep covered baker is approximately 45-50 minutes at 400°F.

Do I need to preheat the deep covered baker before cooking Cornish hens?

Yes, it is important to preheat the deep covered baker for about 10 minutes before adding the Cornish hens.

Can I use frozen Cornish hens in the deep covered baker?

Yes, frozen Cornish hens can be used in the deep covered baker. However, they will require a longer cooking time and should be fully thawed before cooking.

What seasonings or marinade do you recommend for Cornish hens in the deep covered baker?

We recommend using a combination of herbs and spices such as rosemary, thyme, garlic, and lemon for a flavorful marinade for Cornish hens in the deep covered baker.

Can I cook other types of meat in the deep covered baker?

Yes, the deep covered baker can be used to cook a variety of meats such as chicken, pork, and beef. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies