• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Corn on the cob

chef.katie

Mar 6, 2006
Does anyone have any tips on the best way to boil corn? I've had a lot of hosts ask me but I usually microwave mine. Thanks.

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
Get the salted water to a rolling boil and drop in the corn that has been husked and has the corn cob nobs in it. Cook it for 3 minutes - No More than that! Pull it out of the water. If you don't plan to use it right away, shock it with some cold, ice water.

mary k

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2006
I found this tip on a recipe sight. It tells you to boil in milk instead of water as it makes the corn tender. As water tends to keep it tough.
Haven't tried it because haven't felt like shucking corn as I'm babysitting a husband whos had surgary.:) :)

Mar 10, 2006
I husk and wash the corn - place some of the husks in the bottom of a large pot and place the corn in with the nobs on it. You can fit more corn if you alter the direction of each later, I put about 2 cups of water in it, cook on med. high until steaming and then low for about 10 minutes. Yum. Great with Garlic Butter!

freddydress

Novice Member
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2005
Boiling corn

I've had the most success boiling corn by placing shucked corn in a large pan/kettle, just cover with water, add 1-2 Tbls sugar (not salt), bring to a boil, boil 2-3 minutes, cover, remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Corn tends to get tougher the longer you cook it and also if salt is used.

schel

Advanced Member
Apr 18, 2006
Just one thing to add, my grandmother who is an awesome cook and my mother who learned from her and I from her.
2/3rds milk, rest water and add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sugar to water. Bring to a boil and add corn til color is a bit darker of course corn needs to be shuked
B-4 adding to the water/milk mixture. If somone is diabetic, I use Splenda Blend, for less calories.
Schel