• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookworks: Inspirations from Food Network | Get Everyone Involved!

In summary, Veronica got some of her show ideas from Cookworks off Food Network! The show is about six people coming in and forming three teams to make a dish. They visit the bar, witness and taste a treat that compliments the dishes they've made. Then they all sit together and eat. It sounds familiar, and Veronica found that it was effective to use this strategy to develop her show. Good luck to her!
VeronicaW
Gold Member
I got some of my show ideas from Cookworks off Food Network!
It's Great! :D You get everyone involved!;)

Anyone else have some ideas?

Veronica :cool:

I've NEVER heard of this, but I'm going to have to check it out! :) Thanks for the tip! :)

Me Me Me Me!!!!!I love The Food Network. If I have a lot to do on some days, I just don't even turn it on because I can't tear myself away. I love Paula, Rachel, Emeril and many others!!!

I especially love watching it right before the Holidays. There is such great stuff on there!!!

It keeps me up at night!I have a TV in my bedroom, and I will go to bed at like 11 or 12 and still be up at 2 or 3 because I can't stop watching it!!

I love Food Network!! Paula Deen is my favorite. I want to go to Savannah so bad to eat at her restaurant!! I have reservations for Thanksgiving but my husband is a high school football coach and if we are still in the play off(which I hope we are) I will have to reschedule those plans. Have any of you eaten there?

I love to watch Rachel Ray but I rarely cook anything of hers.

I like to watch Tyler Florence too.

And I love Jamie and Bobby Deen's new show. Although, I think their acting can be a little cheese or too scripted at times.

Is Cookworks a new show? I LOVE Rachel Ray & even use one of the stainless steel mixing bowls as my "trash" bowl during shows!

Speaking of Food Network, did anyone watch The Secret Life of Tex Mex that was aired last night? They did a quick blurb on my step-grandmother, Rebecca Carranza, who was the first to market tortilla chips. She died in January of this year, and she is finally getting recognition.

I didn't see it, but that is COOL. I'm glad she's getting recognition... I cannot IMAGINE my life without tortilla chips... seriously. I eat SO MANY of them, and with everything.

Paula Deen's
jrstephens said:
I love Food Network!! Paula Deen is my favorite. I want to go to Savannah so bad to eat at her restaurant!! I have reservations for Thanksgiving but my husband is a high school football coach and if we are still in the play off(which I hope we are) I will have to reschedule those plans. Have any of you eaten there?

I love to watch Rachel Ray but I rarely cook anything of hers.

I like to watch Tyler Florence too.

And I love Jamie and Bobby Deen's new show. Although, I think their acting can be a little cheese or too scripted at times.

My aunt has eaten there and said it was SO SO SO GOOD!!!

She got two cookbooks from there that have alot of the recipes that they cook at the rest.

We watch so much Food Network at our house that when my daughter was younger, she would pick up her play telephone and pretend that Emeril was calling her to say he was coming over for supper!

She also played like she was Rachel Ray. When she was 4 she could say Rachel's entire opening - Hello. I'm Rachel Ray and I make 30 minute meal. That means that in the time....
She knew the whole thing!

I love Rachel Ray!!!! She is the best. I like the cake bake offs (since I decorate cakes in my spare time). I enjoy watching the Iron Chef also, the stuff they put together is amazing. And who dosen't love Paula and Emeril?!? My favorite network on TV next to HBO!

tiffanypc05 said:
My aunt has eaten there and said it was SO SO SO GOOD!!!

She got two cookbooks from there that have alot of the recipes that they cook at the rest.

Do you know if it was cookbooks exclusive to the restaurant? I have all of hers but was thinking they may have a "special" one in there.

Cookworks is a show on Foodnetwork with a Host and a Bartender!
Six people come in and form three teams of 2. Everyone is shown how to use the tools and given the recipe. The Host walks around station to station helping and encouraging them!
Does any of this sound familiar?
They also visit the bar, witness and taste a treat that compliments the dishes that they've made.
Then they all sit together and eat! They also discuss what they've learned, etc...
That's how I developed my show strategy. So far, it seems to work for me!
Watch it! Learn from it!
Good Luck!
Veronica

Rachel Ray is my favorite, followed closely by Paula Deen:D I also get a kick out of Ham on the Street...he's too funny.
I tell people at my shows that it's like watching food network only you get to taste at the end! (then I say please don't compare me to Emeril though)
My 3 yr old is always asking if Rachel Ray is on! We also watch $40 a day.

Rachel!!!I LOVE RACHEL RAY!!!! I have a bunch of her cookbooks. My 4 year old son likes to watch it with me occasionally. The only thing that bothers me is when she says DELISH! It makes my skin crawl.:eek: I would love to dine out with her on $40 a day!! That is my all time favorite show!

I guess I'll have to check it out. Just set the tv to record it. Thanks for he tip.

Good Eats is fantabulous !!
chefkristin said:
I LOVE RACHEL RAY!!!! The only thing that bothers me is when she says DELISH! It makes my skin crawl.:eek:

I like Rachel Ray as well. When I first started watching it, I wasn't so sure I liked all the made up words either, but now I think they are just who she is.

I could see her saying "The Pampered Chef is FANTABULOUS." :D

I have to say my all time favorite Food Network show is Good Eats. Alton Brown explains how things work in the kitchen and why things happen the way they do. (Example: what kind of flour to use and how foods react with each other. )

I also think some of the Good Eats themes are a little weird, but he still pulls it all together somehow.

It is a great education for someone who cooks (like us) for a living. ;)

Alton Brown is my favorite, too!! My DH & I watch him all the time. I also love Paula Deen & Ina Garten.

I love the Food network. I have made one of Rachel Ray's recipes. It was a taco salad. It was really good. Paula is the best. She is going to have a new show too. I think it starts this month. I would love to eat at her restaurant too. I bought her cookbook off of QVC a long time ago but never made anything from it. I didn't even know who she was, I don't think she had her TV show yet. Then I saw her show and I thought her name sounds familiar. I went out looked at my cookbooks and there she was! I made her gooey cake. It was really good. She is not afraid of butter either.

I always say that I learned to cook from the Food Network. My mom was a great cook, but I wasn't interested when I was younger. After a few years of being married, I decided it was time that I learn. After years of faithful viewing, I am happy to say I cook almost everynight. The hardest thing for me is to limit myself to a reasonable amount of time watching.

A couple of weeks ago Paula Dean did the aspargus wraps on her show!

Sally Wilhite

Tex-Mex show
strasfamily said:
Speaking of Food Network, did anyone watch The Secret Life of Tex Mex that was aired last night? They did a quick blurb on my step-grandmother, Rebecca Carranza, who was the first to market tortilla chips. She died in January of this year, and she is finally getting recognition.

I saw the Tex-Mex show. It was really neat. It's wonderful that your step-grandmother was recognized!

I love Good Eats with Alton Brown! I also like Paula Deen and I can't wait to see her new "party" show (the commercials for it have been cute). Sandra Lee with Semi-Homemade is pretty good and I also like Rachel Ray (although she borders a little on being too cutesy for me sometimes - we watched a show where she did sandwiches and called them "sammiches" the whole show - just a little annoying). I like the woman that does the Everyday Italian show, although I haven't really seen too much on there that I would cook myself.

Oh, and my favorite part of all is that all the show recipes are on the Food Network website. To quote RR, "How great is that???" :D

oh, and another one...Oh, I almost forgot, it's not necessarily a cooking show, but it is on the Food Network.....Unwrapped! I love to watch how things are made, so I love that show!

nascarcooker said:
A couple of weeks ago Paula Dean did the aspargus wraps on her show!

Sally Wilhite

Did she make them just like ours? Wow. That is kind of cool!!

I shouldn't have done it, but I stayed up until 11:30 last night watching Throw Down with Bobby Flay. He was competing with this girl on making hamburgers. I was drooling so bad!! It's funny, because I go in spurts watching FoodNetwork. I always do it when I am dieting!!! I think I am subconciously (spelling, sorry) trying to make myself fail!

Love Love LOVE Food Network!Alton is by far my favorite! I have done quite a few of Rachel's recipes--but hey I think she's a bit too perky sometimes. I love all the shows...but don't get to watch during the day much-- I torture my husband at night with it... Great idea to use Food Network lines in your show!

On Road Tasted with Jamie and Bobby a few weeks ago (I forget where they were) but the lady's scoop looked JUST LIKE OURS. We have DVR so I rewound it and my husband agreed too. I cannot remember where they were or what the lady at the restaurant was making, but she was putting batter in huge min-muffin pans.

Related to Cookworks: Inspirations from Food Network | Get Everyone Involved!

1. What is the Food Network?

The Food Network is a television channel dedicated to cooking and food-related programming. It features a variety of shows, including cooking competitions, instructional cooking shows, and food travel shows.

2. Are there any famous chefs on the Food Network?

Yes, there are many famous chefs who have their own shows on the Food Network, such as Ina Garten, Bobby Flay, and Giada De Laurentiis. There are also guest appearances by other popular chefs on various shows.

3. Can I find recipes on the Food Network?

Yes, the Food Network has a website where you can find thousands of recipes from their shows, as well as recipes from other chefs and home cooks. You can search for recipes by ingredient, cuisine, or chef.

4. Is the Food Network only for experienced cooks?

No, the Food Network features a mix of shows catering to both experienced and novice cooks. There are shows that focus on basic cooking techniques and recipes, as well as more advanced and complex dishes.

5. Can I watch the Food Network if I don't have cable?

Yes, the Food Network is available on many streaming platforms, such as Hulu, Sling, and YouTube TV. You can also watch full episodes and clips on their website or through their mobile app.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pmprdprettyinsnj
  • raebates