• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware on Hsn - Did You See It???

In summary, the conversation was about a new non-stick cookware being sold on HSN. The cookware claims to be oven safe up to 850 degrees and has a lifetime warranty. It also does not use PFOA in manufacturing, making it a major selling point. However, there were some concerns raised about the effectiveness and safety of the cookware, including its compatibility with induction cooktops and its ability to withstand high temperatures. There were also discussions about the sales tactics used by HSN and the importance of educating oneself before purchasing any products.
pampchefrhondab
Did anyone else see the new non-stick cookware on HSN today??

If not, got to hsn.com and read up on it so you will be prepared at your upcoming shows. This item sold out. You will need to check it out before midnight though since it was a today's special.

If you don't log on before midnight do a search for "GreenPan" Nonstick Cookware.

This cookware says it's oven save up to 850 degrees and a lifetime warranty.

By the way - it states they don't use PFOA in manufacturing.

Well, that's really good. There are so many recipes out there that require baking in a frying pan at 850° for several hours.

I got an email on it this AM, the stuff does look pretty awesome and very reasonably priced. Since one of my coworkers just lost her three birds from the a burned teflon pan, the PTFE's, it's a major selling point.

Here's a link if anyone's interested http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=3570071&web_id=3570071&sf=qc&attr=4808&prev=hp!sf!2117!4808

Actually the sales people were really good (that's why they make the big bucks) - I like to watch these shows for tips. They were using a digital themometer while cooking on the stove top and it was reading over 600 degrees. They spoke about how most non-stick should not be used over 500 degrees.

I must note that our cookware is not sprayed on like Teflon so it doesn't break down - but we need to be prepared to answer these questions for our customers.

Last edited:
Why do I feel like Thermalon is our next line of cookware? :p
These prices worry me though...

Taking a look at this (through the link above - thanks!) this cookware won't work on induction cooktops, unless there's metal in it that's not in the description. Of course, our aluminum pans won't either, but the SS will!

pampchefrhondab said:
Actually the sales people were really good (that's why they make the big bucks) - I like to watch these shows for tips. They were using a digital themometer while cooking on the stove top and it was reading over 600 degrees. They spoke about how most non-stick should not be used over 500 degrees.

I must note that our cookware is not sprayed on like Teflon so it doesn't break down - but we need to be prepared to answer these questions for our customers.
They aren't good salesmen - they are sideshow barkers. These guys peg my bullshit meter every time I watch them!

They use a lot of P.T. Barnum showmanship, highlighting all kinds of things that just really aren't issues - but become issues to the uneducated and gullible. (Emphasis on "gullible.") Is 600° on the stove top the same as 600° baking temperature? They want you to think it is. Does the average person run their own range as hot as they did on television? They want you to think we do. I doubt it, and I doubt that consumer ranges can reach that temperature. Is there a consumer grade oven that heats higher than 550° out there? Other than the cleaning cycle, I've never seen one. If you put your cookware in the oven cleaning cycle, you deserve to ruin it.

Watching those charlatans is much like the people who sell all kinds of miracle products at the State Fair. Funny how that stuff never works at home as well as that guy showed it to work.

As long as the suckers keep calling in and ordering, the more they'll keep at it. Is it all crap? No. Some of their products are probably fine. Is all of it fine merchandise? You have to decide. Caveat emptor - Let the buyer beware.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Does the average person run their own range as hot as they did on television? They want you to think we do. I doubt it, and I doubt that consumer ranges can reach that temperature. Is there a consumer grade oven that heats higher than 550° out there? Other than the cleaning cycle, I've never seen one. If you put your cookware in the oven cleaning cycle, you deserve to ruin it.

What great thinking points. When I first started reading the thread I had the same thought, "who would bake at those temps", but did not think to test my own stove so I could bring up these points to guests at my shows. As soon as I get off here I'm going upstairs to test what temp I cook at on the stovetop. I usually cook at a 6 or 7, but don't know the temp. ranges

Jennifer

It's also important to remember, Jennifer, that just because the burner reaches a specific temp, doesn't mean the pan is getting that hot. All sorts of factors come into play there, like how long the cookware is sitting on the burner, how much food/liquid/oil is in it, drafts, etc.

I understand your points and most of us do that sell cookware. I'm just saying to the average "joe" these sales tactics work. If they didn't they would change their format. That is why I watch these shows. I want to know what other people are watching. That is why we need to be prepared w/our answers. If you ever listen to Belinda she also mentions how the infomercial works.

These infomercials peek interest and people keep watching. It's the excitement, it's there are only so many to go around, the special price ends today.

They did sell over 40,000 sets I beleive. This eats into our market whether you like the style of sales or not.

I understand these sales tactics too. I purchased the Emeril Stainless Cookware from one of these networks and I HATE, HATE, HATE it. :eek: I hate it so much that I almost didn't want to even try the PC kind. Since I am getting the 8" Saute free I am going to and I am hoping I LOVE it as much as I do the executive cookware. We will need to know how to answer the customers questions.

OK, so I was one of those that fell for the cookware on HSN. Ultrex the greatest cookware ever. The showed a them using an electric sander on the skillet and no metal, they even provided "FREE" stainless steel utensils. Hmm, thats all my pans are now is metal. I tried to return them since they had a 75 yr warranty and well "they had some problems and HSN is no longer selling their products, but I could fax in a copy of the receipt and get $25 back for the $400 set! Oh by the way, no fax # I'd have to mail it. Did I ever get even my $25 back? H**L NO!
I show my 2 pans at shows now. I figure since they are now out of business, but it shows who stands behind what and the hype that goes on in the infomercials. I love our company!

KG - you always put things in perspective. I laughed so hard at your posts that I woke up my kids!!!! Wonder what the Warm, Nutty , Caramel Brownies would taste like baked at 850 degrees??

Last edited:
They did sell over 40,000 sets I beleive. This eats into our market whether you like the style of sales or not

or so they want you to think

sorry they could put 100,000 up on the screen if they wanted to push the sales even higher or say there is only 1 set left and make you think you better call now

i bet they have a 1,000 last sets

I bought the Ultrex II set from HSN and at first they were fine, but now all the food sticks really bad and I absolutely hate them. My husband was the one who wanted them. Just like Cutco knives, it took us forever to get our steak knives replaced from the company.

Sally Wilhite

1. What types of cookware were featured on HSN?

During the Pampered Chef event on HSN, we showcased a variety of cookware including non-stick pans, stainless steel pots, and ceramic bakeware.

2. Are the cookware products exclusive to HSN or can they be purchased elsewhere?

The cookware products featured on HSN are exclusive to HSN and cannot be purchased elsewhere. However, similar products may be available on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. What sets Pampered Chef cookware apart from other brands?

Our cookware is designed with high-quality materials and innovative features to make cooking easier and more efficient. Plus, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee and lifetime warranty.

4. Are there any special deals or discounts for purchasing cookware on HSN?

Yes, during the HSN event, we offered special bundle deals and discounts on select cookware sets. Be sure to tune in to future Pampered Chef events on HSN for more exclusive offers.

5. Can I use my HSN credit card to purchase Pampered Chef cookware?

Yes, you can use your HSN credit card to purchase any of the featured cookware products during the Pampered Chef event on HSN. Simply select HSN credit card as your payment method at checkout.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • pchefinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • erin.tpc