• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware for Glass Top Electric Cook Stove

In summary, the best cookware for a glass top cook stove is the Pampered Chef Professional Cookware in the Family Skillet line. It has a flat bottom and is ceramic top friendly. The only drawback is that it is HEAVY.
Christine68
What cookware is recommended for a glass top cook stove?

I use my Pampered Chef Professional Cookware on my glass top cookstove. You just follow the directions that come with your stove --- wipe up any spills immediately, don't scrape the pan across the top of the stove, lift it to move it, etc.

Ruth Mescher
Independent Kitchen Consultant
IA

I have a ceramic cooktop (I don't know if that's what you mean, but it's flat and scratches easily if there is any sugar or salt spilled)

I have used different brands of cookware some have damaged the surface, some haven't. Avoid anything that has metal rings on the bottom...I don't know how to explain it, but if you run your finger on the bottom, you can feel the ridges. Food gets trapped between the rings and can scratch the surface.

In my honest opinion, the BEST Pampered Chef cookware piece for this stove is the Family Skillet in the Professional Cookware line -- Item #2764. I have not seen nor tried Generation II, so I can't tell how the bottom of the pans are, but Professional Cookware has a flat bottom and is ceramic top friendly (so far). The only drawback is that it's HEAVY. My hubby can do the wrist action thing and flip food in it, but I can't. Still, I love that handle on the opposite end.

If you have the 4-burner stove or the 3-burner with the one burner that has the extended part --it kinda looks like this:

O=)

the Double Burner Griddle is FANTASTIC for cooking Sunday morning breakfast for the whole family. Time it correctly and you can make "silver dollar" pancakes, eggs, and sausages all at the same time and in one pan! Nothing gets cold wating on the plate while you heat up another breakfast item.

Professional cookwareI also have a ceran cook top. The PC professional cookware is what I use. It has a perfectly flat bottom, that's exactly what works best on a smooth top. One thing...plain aluminum cookware cannot be used on a smooth top. The aluminum will mark it terribly. The PC professional series is aluminum-oxide so it is safe on these stoves.
Karen

Light dawns...:eek: I just had a "Doh!" moment

Thanks Karen,

It never occured to me that the light aluminim pans may have been the cause of the "pitting" outside the heating element ring on my cooktop. I know the ridged-bottomed frying pans scraped up my cooktop, but I had dimple-like things on the left back area of my stove -- the one I always cooked noodles on. Looking back, I remember the pot "jumping" from the rapidly boiling water.

Michelle <--slapping myself on the head

1. What type of cookware is best for a glass top electric cook stove?

Pampered Chef recommends using cookware with a flat and smooth bottom, such as stainless steel or aluminum, for glass top electric cook stoves. Avoid using cookware with rough or textured bottoms, as this can scratch and damage the surface of the stove.

2. Can I use cast iron cookware on a glass top electric cook stove?

While cast iron cookware is durable and great for cooking, it is not recommended for use on a glass top electric cook stove. The weight and rough bottom of cast iron can cause scratches and even cracks on the glass surface. It is best to stick with lighter and smooth-bottomed cookware for this type of stove.

3. Do I need to use special cookware for a glass top electric cook stove?

No, you do not need to use special cookware for a glass top electric cook stove. However, it is important to use cookware with a flat and smooth bottom to prevent damage to the stove's surface. Also, avoid using cookware with warped or curved bottoms, as this can cause uneven heat distribution and affect cooking performance.

4. How do I clean my glass top electric cook stove?

To clean your glass top electric cook stove, let it cool down completely and then wipe it with a soft cloth or sponge and warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can scratch the surface. For tougher stains, a mixture of baking soda and water can be used. Be sure to dry the surface thoroughly after cleaning.

5. Can I use my glass top electric cook stove for canning?

No, glass top electric cook stoves are not recommended for canning. The weight of the canner and the prolonged exposure to high heat can cause damage to the stove's surface. It is best to use a gas or coil electric stove for canning purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • bridgetbakes