• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooks Illustrated Review: Our Grill Pan

Inch Square Grill Pan"The reviewers thought that the price was worth it, because it had better performance and cleanup than other brands.
JennyJennJen
Gold Member
I just started a membership with Cooks Illustrated and they reveiwed our grill pan
http://www.cooksillustrated.com/equipment/product.asp?docid=13445&parentdocid=10534
This may help sales.

Couldn't see the review without starting a free trial.

I remember reading something about their Grill Pan reviews. I couldn't see the entire article, but I do remember them speaking positively about ours. They liked the fact that the ridges weren't filled in (meaning, the bottom was ridged, too), because this allowed the ridges to heat faster.

Can you share what they had to say about it? I don't have a membership and the free trial requires a credit card to be entered in.

I'd be interested in what they say too...but one thing that I noticed was that it said Pampered Chef Professional Cookware Grill Pan - and I wondered if this is an older review, since that line has been discontinued?

Testers’ Comments
Gorgeous swordfish emerged from this pan, drawing a crowd of admirers, forks in hand and poised to pounce. Nary a misstep n any test. Available only from Pampered Chef sales reps.

Comparison with Calphalon
Product Tested Performance Cleanup Price*
Recommended
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 13-Inch Round Grill Pan

The wide-body of the lineup turned out an impressive flank steak, with wide, nicely developed grill marks. Best-in-class pricing and generous cooking area pushed it to the top slot.
3 star Clean Up and Performance $31.99
Recommended
Pampered Chef Professional Cookware 11-Inch Square Grill Pan

Gorgeous swordfish emerged from this pan, drawing a crowd of admirers, forks in hand and poised to pounce. Nary a misstep n any test. Available only from Pampered Chef sales reps.
3 star Clean Up and Performance $120.00
Recommended

I'm glad to see that they are finally reviewing Pampered Chef products. I used to receive their online subscription, and was annoyed that they always reviewed everybody else's stuff but ours. I even wrote a letter to them requesting that they include PC products. I never heard back from them. It was quite awhile ago, and I figured they wouldn't review PC because our products aren't available in stores. I guess they've gotten more than one request to review PC. I wonder if they will review all our products. That would be nice!

I was at a book signing with Julia Collin-Davidson and I asked about that. The answer was a simple, because PC said no. They are not allowed to test products unless the company selling them allows them too. I think that for years PC had missed a really viable promotional outlet by not letting them do this. Also, the company is usually asked to send a product or products and PC never did when it was requested. Julia personally uses some PC products but she too could not get them on air.

that is too bad! i agree, john....PC really has been missing some wonderful opportunities!

But that is assuming that reviews would be in our favor. What if they were not? Or even if they WERE good reviews, but if another comparable product was also a good review, but cheaper, then what? We already have the "I can get it cheaper at Target" crowds. Imagine how hard it would be to argue with someone who had a printed review saying the product we had was bad or so-so, or that another equal product was cheaper. Harder to compete. I personally am sort of glad we don't have to compete with that. ;)

That is a valid point Bobbi as I have seen other products that have come from the same companies we use, Zylis for one. Similar but no the same as the cheese Grater the tested had only one barrel and we had two. And Calphlon compares to our cookware but what most people do not understand is that the Autograph 2 coating is exclusive to PC. And much more durable than the Calphlon product. But it is hard to convey that as a price point difference.

I'm a little confused...is their recommendation however, to buy the Calphalon vs. PC?"Comparison with Calphalon
Product Tested Performance Cleanup Price*
Recommended
Simply Calphalon Nonstick 13-Inch Round Grill Pan"

It's not the professional line because I checked the 2007 catalog, the last one to feature that line. I believe the grill pan sold for $96.

1. What makes the Cooks Illustrated review of the Pampered Chef Grill Pan unique?

The Cooks Illustrated review of the Pampered Chef Grill Pan is unique because it is an unbiased and thorough evaluation of the product. Cooks Illustrated is known for its rigorous testing process, and their review provides an honest and in-depth analysis of the grill pan's performance and features.

2. Is the Pampered Chef Grill Pan suitable for all types of stovetops?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Grill Pan is suitable for all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Its durable construction and heavy-gauge aluminum material make it compatible with all stovetop surfaces.

3. Does the Pampered Chef Grill Pan require any special maintenance or care?

The Pampered Chef Grill Pan is designed for easy maintenance and care. It is dishwasher safe, but we recommend handwashing with mild soap and warm water to preserve its non-stick surface. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the coating.

4. Is the Pampered Chef Grill Pan suitable for outdoor grilling?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Grill Pan is suitable for outdoor grilling on a gas or charcoal grill. Its non-stick surface and high heat resistance make it perfect for grilling meats, vegetables, and even delicate foods like fish and seafood.

5. Can the Pampered Chef Grill Pan be used in the oven?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Grill Pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This feature allows you to easily finish cooking your food in the oven, giving it a nice sear and even browning. However, we recommend using oven mitts or a heat-resistant handle cover when handling the pan as it can get hot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ginger428
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
chefann
  • BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • jwpamp