• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with RCP: Molton Lava Cake

In summary, to make the RCP Molton Lava Cake, you will need semisweet chocolate, butter, eggs, sugar, flour, and salt. You can use any type of chocolate, but make sure to use the same amount as stated in the recipe. To prevent sticking, grease the ramekins and dust with flour. The batter can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Additional toppings and flavors such as berries, whipped cream, and different extracts can be added to the cake.
ivykeep
Gold Member
Hmmm, I've been selling quite a few RCP's by demoing the Molton Lava Cake in it. I just looked at the Product Info on CC and it says

"Do not use to heat high sugar content foods, oils and fats such as butter or chocolate. [emphasis added]. In the choc mlc, I have OIL, Chocolate and frosting (which is all sugar).

I wonder why?

You wonder why what? Why you cannot or should not nuke oil and sugar? Well...from personal experience it will melt your Rice Cooker. The thing will stink to high heaven! It will emit a noxious gas that will make you choke and there will be a hole in your RCP.

If however, the recipe tells you specifically to use the RCP then PC has worked the kinks out. The recipe I used was for Chicken Curry. The first step is to microwave the curry paste and oil for 3-4 minutes. That little mixture ruined my RCP. Thank goodness PC has such a good warranty! I was back nuking my food in less than a month!

Uh oh, I've been demo'ing the Volcano Cake in there and it works out just fine!!!:D

Related to Cooking with RCP: Molton Lava Cake

1. What ingredients do I need to make the RCP Molton Lava Cake?

To make the RCP Molton Lava Cake, you will need 6 ounces of semisweet chocolate, 1/2 cup of butter, 2 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of flour, and a pinch of salt.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate in the recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer. Just make sure to use the same amount of chocolate as stated in the recipe.

3. How do I prevent the molton lava cake from sticking to the ramekins?

To prevent sticking, make sure to thoroughly grease the ramekins with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the batter. You can also dust the ramekins with flour after greasing for extra insurance against sticking.

4. Can I make the RCP Molton Lava Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, let the batter sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking as directed in the recipe.

5. Can I add any additional toppings or flavors to the RCP Molton Lava Cake?

Absolutely! You can add toppings such as fresh berries, whipped cream, or a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce. You can also experiment with different flavorings, such as adding a teaspoon of espresso powder for a mocha flavor or a teaspoon of peppermint extract for a minty twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mel92504
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyCooks
  • KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KayPT
  • legacypc46