• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Lava Cake - Tastes Just Like an Oreo!

well, I don't know what to do with all the food! I can't wait to try all these recipes. I also want to try the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder and the pork tenderloin.I know! I can't believe I am going to have this much food. I hope I can keep it all in my fridge!Good luck on your show. The Loaded Baked Potato Chowder looks delicious!
KayPT
I am so excited. Last night I made the lava cake (I think it's called) with chocolate cake and vanilla frosting. It tasted just like an Oreo cookie! I have a chicken in the microwave now. I hope it is good! If so, I think I'll be able to sell a lot of these babies. :)

It will be good! Congratulations. I truly believe every home should have at least one of these.

KayPT said:
I am so excited. Last night I made the lava cake (I think it's called) with chocolate cake and vanilla frosting. It tasted just like an Oreo cookie! I have a chicken in the microwave now. I hope it is good! If so, I think I'll be able to sell a lot of these babies. :)

Oooh chocolate with vanilla frosting sounds like a good idea!

Remember Keith, it will taste like chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. It isn't going to suddenly change into Julia Child's Bombe aux Trois Chocolats.

RMDave said:
Remember Keith, it will taste like chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. It isn't going to suddenly change into Julia Child's Bombe aux Trois Chocolats.

Hardee har har. I still think it sounds like a good combo.

I agree. It does.

You guys crack me up! :DI was about to ask the same thing, Laurie. How did the chicken turn out, Kay?

The chicken was great! What a laugh reading all your responses!! Thanks for that! I have fajitas in there right now, and I think my chicken breasts were a little thick because when I went to cut them, it was raw on the bottom. So I cut them up and stuck them in a little longer. At least I am practicing here and not at a show! So far, I am sold on the DCB. I already have a friend at work who wants one after I brought in my chocolate cake with white frosting. (It does taste like an Oreo.) :)

KayPT said:
The chicken was great! What a laugh reading all your responses!! Thanks for that! I have fajitas in there right now, and I think my chicken breasts were a little thick because when I went to cut them, it was raw on the bottom. So I cut them up and stuck them in a little longer. At least I am practicing here and not at a show! So far, I am sold on the DCB. I already have a friend at work who wants one after I brought in my chocolate cake with white frosting. (It does taste like an Oreo.) :)

You are a cooking beast with that DCB today!

I know! My husband thinks I'm nuts.
But the fajitas were so good!!
I am having a huge party at my house next week with lots of drinks and stuff and I cant decide what to make in my DCB. The party is at 7, so we may not need food, but I wanted to make a trifle as well, so maybe the fajitas would be good.

Wait til you try the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. Or, as I call it in my house, "heaven in a bowl."

Also try the pork tenderloin....yummy!

My fridge is going to be so full of leftovers!! I can't wait to try these things. I do need to find a better seasoning for the whole chicken though. I used the smokey barbecue which we love, but it wasn't great in the microwave.

LOVE LOVE LOVE THE DCB! The big thing that sold me on it was watching a consultant cook a whole pork tenderloin in there IN THE MICROWAVE for 12 mins or so. She mentioned how much quicker it is to cook this way and not have to heat up your oven, especially during the hot summers (BIG selling point for me) and save a little on your electric bill. When I sampled how yummy the pork tasted, like it was fresh out of the oven, I was SOLD! I HAD to get it! It was pricey, but I didn't care!!! I HAD TO HAVE IT! ;) Glad you're enjoying it. I want to try and showcase the DCB at all my shows! A definite product to have as Summer in approaching here in AZ!

Love the DCB. Have you tried the Mexican Chicken Lasagne? OMG is it ever good and try it with either the or green sauce...Tossed Tortilini and Turkey Tetrazini are great and easy also, serve with green salad and french bread cubed with the dipping seasoning and oil, you have a total Italian Theme. Good luck on your show:blushing:

KayPT said:
My fridge is going to be so full of leftovers!! I can't wait to try these things. I do need to find a better seasoning for the whole chicken though. I used the smokey barbecue which we love, but it wasn't great in the microwave.

I use flour, paprika, and crushed peppercorn and garlic rub (sometimes w/a little bit of greek rub mixed in) and guests go CRAZY over it. Try it!

Thanks for the chicken season tip; that sounds good.

I just made rice pudding in the DCB in the microwave and it took 30 min., vs. the 1.5 hours in takes in the oven!! I LOVE this thing!

how many dishes have you made today?

Kay, I'd LOVE your rice pudding recipe!!!

lesliec said:
how many dishes have you made today?

:) Just the one. :eek:

I will post the rice pudding recipe soon. I need to write it out, but we are off to watch a movie.

Thanks for all the tips!

Rice pudding

Put 1/2 cup rice and 1 cup water in DCB and cook with the lid on for about 7 min. until the rice is almost done, but there will still be water in the baker.

Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 heaping T of cornstarch, dash of salt, 2 egg yolks mixed with 2.5 cups milk, 1 T lemon juice. Use the whisk to mix it all up. Cover and cook in the DCB for about 15 min. or until thick, stirring every 3-4 min. I let it sit with the lid on for about 5-10 min. after cooking and it set a little more.

I made this from a cookbook recipe, Betty Crocker's, that was for the oven, but modified it a tad. It was great with peaches, or cinnamon sprinkle.

It may need a little tweaking with microwave times.

1. How do I make the Delicious Lava Cake?

To make the Delicious Lava Cake, you will need a package of Oreo cookies, cream cheese, melted butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Crush the Oreos and mix them with the melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased ramekin. In a separate bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Pour the mixture over the Oreo crust and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Is it necessary to use Oreo cookies for this recipe?

No, you can use any type of cookie for the crust. However, using Oreo cookies will give the lava cake its signature Oreo flavor.

3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Oreo crust and cream cheese mixture ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, simply assemble the lava cakes and bake as directed. This is a great option for parties or gatherings.

4. Can I use a different type of pan instead of ramekins?

Yes, you can use a muffin tin or a small cake pan instead of ramekins. Adjust the baking time accordingly, as the lava cakes may take longer to cook in a larger pan.

5. Can I add any additional toppings or flavors to the lava cake?

Absolutely! You can top the lava cake with whipped cream, ice cream, or chocolate syrup for an extra indulgent treat. You can also mix in different flavors, such as peppermint extract or crushed nuts, to the cream cheese mixture for added variety.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cooking_Mama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ann F
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies