• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking With Kids Show--Recipe Ideas Req'd--

In summary, it sounds like the person is lost for recipes to prepare for their Cooking with Kids show tomorrow night. They suggest doing cookies with children to keep things near Halloween. The person also recommends a number of different activities, such as doing mini pizzas and a presentation for the moms.
nu2pc2005
I have a cooking with Kids show tomorrow night(wed) and I am lost for recipes!
I was thinking on trying to keep it near Halloween...I want ALL ideas from everyone!!!
I love lot's of feedback cuz thats how everyone learns!
Thanks

Do you have the Let's Eat cookbook for kids? It's full of fun things. You could make some cup cakes and let them decorate them with the Easy Accent Decorator and then put some Halloween sprinkles or something on them.

From the "Let's Eat" cookbook, I always do Tic Tac Toe Pizzas and S'Mores Brownie Bites at my kids shows. I have one on the 28th and I'm going to switch it up a little. I have the mini fluted pan and I'm going to bake some mini cakes in there and have the host buy some of those Halloween sprinkles and stuff so the kids can frost and decorate their cakes. I think we'll do the Tic Tac Toe Pizzas, then that. I'll bake the cakes ahead of time. You can add food coloring to white frosting to make it orange.

Here ya go!I'm pretty sure I picked these up from consultants on this site! Everyone here is such a big help. :)

Autumn

Attachments

• cooking with kids[1].doc3.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 592
  • COOKING WITH KIDS.doc
    209.5 KB · Views: 568
advertise?How does everyone advertise for Cooking w/Kids shows??? It sounds like
it would be a blast. Do you just mention to your hosts' that have children?

I like doing cookies in the mini muffin pan with kids because it lets them be hands on. You get a bag of cookie dough and ingredients to make cookies, hershey kisses, and some kind of small candy, like snickers, heath bars, chocolate chips. Make the cookies from the dough, the kids can chop the candies with the food chopper, and then add the chopped candy. Scoop the dough into each muffin cup with the medium scoop. Have kids unwrap hershey kisses and press the cookie dough into the pan with the tart shaper. You back the cookies for about 10-15, take them out, place a kiss on each one and bake for 2 more minutes. The kids love being able to do it all themselves.

I also did mini pizzas, but I can't remember the exact recipe. If you would like more info., let me know and I will get it for you. Good luck!

nicolles27 said:
How does everyone advertise for Cooking w/Kids shows??? It sounds like
it would be a blast. Do you just mention to your hosts' that have children?
Yep pretty much...and during shows. If I get the feeling that some guests have been to lots of PC shows and aren't interested in hosting because they feel their friends have been to too many, I'll suggest this show if they have kids (or grandkids). A number of people have ended up booking this kind of show when I know they wouldn't have otherwise booked a PC show. THese shows are QUITE different from regular shows because you don't really do a demo and you have limited attention spans with the kids (and some adults! :) ) and it's kind of hectic depending on the age and number of kids there. I don't find the sales are quite as good at these shows because you don't get to demonstrate a ton of products and it's not likely to be a huge group. I do encourage hosts to get lots of outside orders from everyone they know even if they don't have kids.

At the show, I try to do a little presentation for the moms while kids are playing at the beginning and get the "business" out of the way. Then I try to recap as kids are eating. They're fun shows and I really think it opens up booking opportunities that otherwise wouldn't have happened!! Good luck! :D

What are some easy and fun recipes to make with kids?

Some easy and fun recipes to make with kids include mini pizzas, fruit skewers, homemade granola bars, and pasta salad. These recipes are simple and allow for kids to participate in the cooking process.

How can I involve my kids in the cooking process?

You can involve your kids in the cooking process by assigning simple tasks such as measuring ingredients, stirring, and decorating. You can also have them help with washing and cutting vegetables or rolling out dough for recipes like pizza or cookies.

Are there any recipes that are safe for kids to make on their own?

There are a few recipes that are safe for kids to make on their own, such as no-bake energy bites, fruit smoothies, and sandwiches. It is important to always supervise and guide younger children while they are cooking.

What are some healthy recipes to make with kids?

Some healthy recipes to make with kids include veggie wraps, fruit salad, homemade hummus, and whole wheat pancakes. These recipes incorporate nutritious ingredients and are a great way to teach kids about making healthy food choices.

Can I adapt recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions?

Yes, many recipes can be adapted to accommodate dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour for baking, substitute dairy-free alternatives in recipes that call for milk or cheese, and use alternative sweeteners such as honey or maple syrup. You can also find specific recipes that cater to certain dietary restrictions, such as vegan or nut-free recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
buddy5909