• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with Customers: Hands-On or Hands-Off?

In summary, the most popular show format is a demonstration with elements of the interactive format mixed in.
melaniepc
do you hold? do you let the customers do alot of hands on while making the recipe? or do you do most of it? I am just curious what is the most popular and how you all find it goes over.

Interactive!! I let them do the recipe for the first 25-30 then move to another area and talk 15-20 about warranty, cookware, their loves...no more than 45 minutes total.

Keeping it short has picked up my bookings and sales at the show.

I've been doing interactive shows since January with mixed success, and I'm still "fine-tuning" my show. I'm thinking of going back to a more structured demonstration with elements of the interactive format mixed in, since I seem to be forgetting things. I also talk with the host first and see what type of show she wants - the standard "demo" or the new "interactive" format where everyone gets to "play" with the products.

That's the best part about this business - you can do your shows however you want, and do what works best for you and your personality. I'm more of a performer, so I think the demo was a better way for me to present the products, but for some, the interactive may work better. And like I said, a mixture of both may work, too!! Good luck!

I tried the interactive and don't really like it. A lot of my guests don't really want to help. I do give my host a choice. I can either make the recipe before the show and focus on products or do an interactive.

I love the interactive shows. In fact, the more I do, the better I like it. I feel like once they have their hands on the tools and are actually using them, the sales are so much easier! And where else can you actually work with kitchen products before you purchase them?? My hosts who have had the interactive shows keep saying (throughout the show and later) how much fun they had! And the guests say the same thing. Since I've been doing the interactive shows, my bookings have increased, too.

I had a pc party earlier this year and she didnt make anything. I was very disapointed and so were my guests. I have only done two shows and it didnt seem like those people wanted anything to do with being part of the recipe

Melanie,
I think that it is definitely something the host has to "buy into". If she isn't enthusiastic about having everyone working on the recipes together, the guests probably won't be either. My most recent show had everyone in the kitchen in two groups, working on two separate recipes. It was awesome! No one sat out and they all had such a good time! It was actually my favorite party. Some of the guests were veteran guests and some had never been to a show before. I also use the time ahead of the show to pre-set the work stations with all the necessary ingredients and tools. I ask someone in each group to be the recipe reader and I run between the groups to make sure they are "on task". I've used this for the Power Cooking and for other theme shows. It makes the cooking demo fly by and they are eating and ordering before we even know what happened! It's cut my demo time down substantially.

Related to Cooking with Customers: Hands-On or Hands-Off?

1. What is the benefit of hands-on cooking experiences with customers?

Hands-on cooking experiences allow customers to actively engage in the cooking process and learn practical skills that they can use in their own kitchens. It also provides a more interactive and personalized experience for customers.

2. Do customers need any prior cooking experience to participate in a hands-on cooking event?

No, our hands-on cooking events are designed for all skill levels. Our consultants will guide and support customers throughout the cooking process, making it a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone.

3. Can customers choose the menu for a hands-on cooking event?

Yes, customers can work with our consultants to customize the menu for their hands-on cooking event. We offer a variety of recipes and can accommodate dietary restrictions or preferences.

4. How many people can participate in a hands-on cooking event?

It depends on the size of the kitchen and the number of cooking stations available. Our consultants can work with customers to determine the best number of participants for a successful and enjoyable event.

5. Are there any age restrictions for hands-on cooking events?

Our hands-on cooking events are suitable for all ages, but we recommend that children under 12 years old are accompanied by an adult. We also offer special events for kids and teens, so be sure to ask our consultants for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • twilcox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
julsradford