• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Whole Chicken or Chicken Legs: What's Best?

In summary, the main difference between cooking a whole chicken and chicken legs is the cooking time and technique. The best method for cooking a whole chicken is typically roasting or baking, which can take 1-2 hours at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Chicken legs can also be cooked quickly on a grill, stovetop, or in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. To ensure the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check for an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit or look for clear juices and firm, white meat.
Chef Ritz
I want to do this recipe for my family tonight can I just use chicken legs and make it or is it better with the whole chicken?

I haven't used just legs but do not know why you couldn't. I did boneless chicken breast the other night.

I think it taste better if you marinate in what ever seasonings you are using for a little bit before you cook it.

Let us know how it turns out.

In the new seasons best, for the 10 minute pork, it gives the option of using boneless chicken breast instead. I think ChefAnn has done chicken leg quarters in place of the whole chicken - I would just check them after 10 minutes, and then every few minutes after that to make sure they are done. Use your meat thermometer!

Yep- we used chicken dark quarters at a show, 4 of them. I checked them after 20 minutes, and I think they took a couple more than that.

They turned out great. I used legs and cooked them for 30 minutes and it was terrific. I was surprised how tender and moist they were. My kids even liked it done that way. I will definately encourage my hosts to try this at a show.

Related to Cooking Whole Chicken or Chicken Legs: What's Best?

1. What is the difference between cooking a whole chicken and chicken legs?

The main difference between cooking a whole chicken and chicken legs is the cooking time and technique. A whole chicken typically takes longer to cook and requires roasting or baking, while chicken legs can be cooked quickly on a grill, stovetop, or in the oven.

2. Which method is best for cooking a whole chicken?

The best method for cooking a whole chicken is typically roasting or baking. This allows for even cooking and a crispy skin. You can also add vegetables and herbs to the roasting pan for added flavor.

3. How long does it take to cook a whole chicken?

The cooking time for a whole chicken can vary based on its weight and the cooking temperature. On average, a 3-4 pound chicken can take 1-2 hours to cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can you cook chicken legs in the oven?

Yes, you can cook chicken legs in the oven. Simply season the chicken legs, place them on a baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. What is the best way to ensure the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken and make sure it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If you do not have a thermometer, you can also check for clear juices and firm, white meat to determine if the chicken is fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • NewbyPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SPAMSTIME