• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Show Fundraiser: Ideas & Advice Needed

thanks? I'm not sure what else to say. It was a nice experience overall, but I'm not sure if I would do something like that again. A lot depends on the situation. Have you had a chance to look at the recipe I attached? It's a pretty versatile one.
Veevahchef
Silver Member
Ok, so I have been asked to do a fundraiser cooking show which they are predicting could have between 75 to 100 people there. They are doing it in a hall with access to a kitchen (Although, i don't know if that matters)
I have told the organiser that I didn't think I could demonstrate something that would be enough that everyone could try some.
What I need are ideas of a demo that shows off a lot of tools, but won;t take a long time, but also maybe not really an actual recipe, just a nice flowing demonstration.
I am also concerned about taking orders. What do you think I should do to make order taking flow nicely.
I suppose I need any advice I can get about all aspects of this show.
Has anyone done anything like this before and if so, what did you do that worked well?
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

A recipe that goes far is Spinach Diamond Puffs or Mini Ham Puffs
I would make everything ahead of time, just bake it there. Arrive early bake then they will be ready when guests arrive. You can do a demo with a Potato and show:
The Food Chopper(chop it up),
Ultimate Madoline(slice for Potato chips or Potatoes Anna),
Stoneware (layer Potato slices-butter,Potato slices-& cheese-Bake 45min.),
APCS(Cottage Fries, Tater Tots),
Seasonings(flavored potato chips),
Forged Cutlery(slice)
etc.

Have Host/Chairperson pass out Order forms as guests arrive.
Start show with thanks for attending our Fundraiser. Your purchases tonight will help.........................
tell guests they may give orders to ________ during demo & you after the demo. Payment is due to Chairperson w/in 3 days in the form of blah blah blah.
Tell attendee's Please make sure you fill out Phone & address info completly so I may better serve you and get your products to you.
This will give you there info so you may follow-up with them.
Thanks and lets have some fun:)
Do you demo. (Enjoy yourself)
Long winded but HTH Laurel

What about taking your computer with you and entering the orders into PP there (which would automatically verify all the math for you).

Your fundraiser chairperson could help by bringing orders to you and then calling people forward individually when you're ready to take their payment.

Just an idea....I've haven't 75 folks at one of my shows. :eek:

This sounds like a great opportunity. I would really check their numbers though before going overboard on food and catalogs. Make sure that isn't just how many they have invited. Is it a group that regularly gets together and that is their usual attendance. A lot of times our hosts assume that if they invite 20 then 20 will come.

Do you have a friend that would come and help you with order taking maybe for some free product? Maybe get a couple of people from the group to volunteer prior to the show. Just make sure they have time to get some training on filling out orders correctly. I would have them come to you for final payment and verification even if someone else does the initial math as this is where you are going to get your one on one time with people. Don't rush through and miss the opportunity for bookings and recruits.

Congratulations on landing this fundraiser and let us know how it turns out.

A fellow consultant and I did something similar a year or so ago. We made a few cool veggie pizzas before hand and cut them into small, bite-sized samples and had them sitting out with some other muchies to show off the SA line. As for the demo, we did the great potato demo - I'll attach a copy of it. We tweaked it some, changed around some tools etc, but it went well.
I second the idea of taking someone along (not neccessarily a consultant) to help add up the orders.
Good Luck!!

Attachments

• potato_demo.doc
    26 KB · Views: 296
Marg, how did that fundraiser go for you? Thanks for the potato thingy, I was thinking i would probably have to do something like that!

Kari

It was right around $3000, I believe. It wasn't "my" show, so I don't know the exact total. I helped out as a favour to the fellow consultant. She had originally planned to do it with another consultant (it was the other consultant who got the lead on the fundraiser) and at the last minute the other consultant flaked out on her. She called me, literally, 3 hours before the fundraiser was to start, practically in tears. She did offer to split everything with me, but she did all of the prep work etc and I was basically just another pair of hands, so I told her she didn't have to. She did send me a lovely fruit arrangement to say thanks.

Related to Cooking Show Fundraiser: Ideas & Advice Needed

1. What is a cooking show fundraiser?

A cooking show fundraiser is an event where a Pampered Chef consultant comes to your organization or group and demonstrates how to use Pampered Chef products to make delicious recipes. Guests can purchase these products and a portion of the sales goes towards your fundraising goal.

2. How do I plan a successful cooking show fundraiser?

To plan a successful cooking show fundraiser, first choose a date and location. Then, promote the event to your group or organization and encourage them to invite friends and family. On the day of the event, make sure to have enough tables and space for the cooking demonstration and product display. Lastly, have a clear goal for your fundraising efforts and offer incentives for guests to make purchases.

3. What types of recipes can be made at a cooking show fundraiser?

At a cooking show fundraiser, a variety of recipes can be made using Pampered Chef products. This can include appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and even drinks. The consultant will work with you to choose recipes that are suitable for your group and showcase the versatility of the products.

4. Do I need to have cooking experience to host a cooking show fundraiser?

No, you do not need to have cooking experience to host a cooking show fundraiser. The consultant will be the one demonstrating the recipes and will provide any necessary guidance. All you need to do is provide the space and invite guests to attend.

5. How much money can I expect to raise from a cooking show fundraiser?

The amount of money raised from a cooking show fundraiser can vary depending on factors such as the number of attendees, the products purchased, and the agreed upon portion of sales going towards the fundraiser. However, on average, a Pampered Chef cooking show fundraiser can raise anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies