• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Ramen Noodles in a Rice Cooker or Micro Cooker

In summary, you can cook ramen noodles in the rice cooker or micro cooker by microwaving them for 4-5 minutes, or you can add an egg and toast slivered almonds before microwaving.
babywings76
Gold Member
Okay, so dealing with the never-ending stomach flu in my house (different person each day), I'm just doing ramen noodles for lunch for fear that I'm next. Is there a way to cook them in the rice cooker or micro cooker or something, so I don't have to do it on the stove?

You sure can!! Just put the noodles and water in the micro cooker and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Then you can eat it right out of the bowl. :D I've been doing mine this way for a long time (since college when I got my micro-cooker). Sorry your family is sick. I hope it doesn't get you, too. Stay well!!

Thanks! :)

and for a bonus... before cooking after you add the water, break an egg in them and stir.. then drop in the noodles and cook.. :)
or when done drop a slice of cheese on top :) or do both...

Did that while I was stationed in Korea..

My kids love ramen and we use the microcooker constantly. Just squish a package into the 1 qt. (the corners will break off a bit) and add water to cover just over the noodles. We have a hot water pot so ours is always boiling, so it only takes about 3 - 3 1/2 minutes in the micro.

Well, it worked, for the most part. It kind of boiled over a little. Next time I won't use the full 2 cups it called for. I didn't see all your tips till I had already tried to make it. Now I know for next time. ;) I had the oriental flavored Ramen and I added some toasted slivered almonds to it. It was actually pretty good. :)

Excuse my ignorance but what on earth are ramen noodles? Are they like the brand we have here called 'Mr Noodles'?

Ramen noodles are the dry noodles packaged in cellophane, usually found in the soup aisle of your supermarket. They come with various seasoning packets (chicken flavor, beef flavor, oriental flavor, etc.)

The microwave way is the way I almost always make them. In college, those were the directions on the packages I bought, but they aren't on it any more. Crazy!

cactus_flower said:
Ramen noodles are the dry noodles packaged in cellophane, usually found in the soup aisle of your supermarket. They come with various seasoning packets (chicken flavor, beef flavor, oriental flavor, etc.)

Thanks Dianne, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. We only have a store brand and a Mr. Noodle brand here.

DH and I would like to know how ramen is pronounced.

I'm not sure how it's pronounced, depends on who is talking. I say a long A and my BF does a short A sound. I think it might be a country wide disagreement. LOL

RAH (like rah! rah! sis-coombah!)-Men (as in the fellows)

lol I say it as ray-men!

Yeah, I read your post right after I posted mine! I've definitely heard it said both ways!

I'm just shocked that it doesn't exist in Canada!

How ever they are pronounced, I love them. I buy them in bulk and keep them in my desk at work for quick lunches.

LOL...okay you two, you're not much help. Short A, long A, rah men, ray men LOL

Just teasing! Now I at least know that they're pronounced more than one way. I've never had them but I do buy them occasionally as 'treats' for my kids lunch. They like to eat them dry..eww. They like the spicy beef and spicy chicken. I find they're really salty though so I don't buy them for them often. Maybe every couple of weeks I'll get them each a few. Now chocolate and chips are a different story :D

They are SUPER salty and full of sodium, but I love salty foods, so they don't bother me. I don't like the ones in the styrofoam containers though, they are plasticy tasting.

Hmmm. I'm not even sure if we have any in styrofoam containers. And I don't care about salty foods for myself; LOVE them, but I thought I should be the 'good' mom and not give it to me kids too often.

lol i understand that, i dont keep them in the house, they are all at work for only me! :D

k, now you're making me want to try them just for ME too since I love salty just like you.

My DD loves them. They do now have ones that say 33% less sodium

There is only one flavor I like and it's chicken picante. Yummmm. But I just boil the water and pour over the noodles and seasoning right in the bowl. It only takes about 3 minutes before ready to eat. Now I don't need to wash my pan since it only had boiling water in it.

Thats how I kinda do it at work, we have one of the water things that pours out really hot water, so about 5-10 minutes before lunch I add water to the noodles and let it sit for a bit, if it cools off too much before it's time to eat, I zap it for a minute or so in the microwave.

My kids toss in frozen diced chicken and frozen broccoli (it's the only way I can justify the saltiness). Then it is more of a meal and less of a snack for them.

Thats a good idea!

hollye44 said:
You sure can!! Just put the noodles and water in the micro cooker and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Then you can eat it right out of the bowl. :D I've been doing mine this way for a long time (since college when I got my micro-cooker). Sorry your family is sick. I hope it doesn't get you, too. Stay well!!

Unfortunately, I got it! Yuck. Yesterday was miserable. I was so sick. My DH held off on going to work till the kids were all set with their lunches for school. He came back during lunch to feed the other 2 little kiddos and put the baby down for a nap. I was so not in a good way. I could hardly stand. I was laying on the kitchen floor for a while because I just couldn't stand anymore and I didn't have the energy to get to the family room. I was shaky and dizzy. Running to the bathroom a million times just wore me out. I'm much better today thank goodness! Sorry--that was probably TMI! :yuck:

1. Can I cook ramen noodles in a rice cooker or micro cooker?

Yes, both a rice cooker and micro cooker can be used to cook ramen noodles. However, the cooking times and methods may vary slightly between the two appliances.

2. How much water should I use when cooking ramen noodles in a rice cooker or micro cooker?

The amount of water needed will depend on the specific brand and type of ramen noodles you are using. It is best to refer to the instructions on the package for the recommended amount of water to use.

3. Do I need to add any other ingredients when cooking ramen noodles in a rice cooker or micro cooker?

No, you do not need to add any additional ingredients while cooking the ramen noodles. However, you can add in some vegetables or proteins if desired.

4. How long does it take to cook ramen noodles in a rice cooker or micro cooker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the specific appliance and brand of ramen noodles. Generally, it takes about 10-15 minutes in a rice cooker and 5-6 minutes in a micro cooker.

5. Can I use the rice cooker or micro cooker to make other types of noodles?

Yes, both appliances can be used to cook various types of noodles such as spaghetti, udon, and soba noodles. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and amount of water accordingly for different types of noodles.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
shannonjennings
  • winklermom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jammie
  • heat123