• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking on Vacation...need Ideas

In summary, the hubby and I are headed to Arkansas on Friday for a week long getaway @ Hot Springs. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for quick delicious dinners to cook while we were there. I'm trying not too bring too many pots/pans etc from home.... let me know what you think :)One quick and easy dinner is the loaded baked potato chowder in the DCB. When I made mine I diced the potatoes instead of just slicing them in half lengthwise and it worked just as well.Another quick and easy dinner is the mexican chicken lasagna. When I made this last night I used a can of enchilada sauce and it turned out great.
crysboo
Hey guys, the hubby and I are headed to Arkansas on Friday for a week long getaway @ Hot Springs... I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for quick delicious dinners to cook while we were there...I'm trying not too bring too many pots/pans etc from home.... let me know what you think :)
Oh, and they don't have to be pampered chef... anything will do
Thanks in advance.:chef:

Take your large bar pan with you. The ham and cheese calzone is quick and easy. You can also make a quick and easy pepperoni or pizza calzone. I made both of these the other night at my brother's house (12 people were there) and I only had one bar pan. After I took the h&c calzone out of the oven I immediately slid it out onto my large cutting board and prepared the pepperoni calzone and popped it in the oven. It did not take long to make it and there was not one bite of either left over. Another quick and easy dinner is the loaded baked potato chowder in the DCB. When I made mine I diced the potatoes instead of just slicing them in half lengthwise and it worked just as well. My family loves the mexican chicken lasagna and instead of using a can of enchilada sauce I use picante sauce or thick and chunky salsa and layer it just like you would lasagna. You could prepare the chicken a head of time or use canned white chicken (drained). Hope you have a great time on vacation!

You could also make some rings up - make the fillings up before you leave and then all you will have to make the ring (it can also be made on the bar pan) just scoop and you are done. The fillings of any choice taste even better when they set. I have taken them to my brothers house and he fixed them for the next couple of days. One thing I did do - I didn't mix the mayo in until I was ready to make the ring

:chef:

Are you camping, or staying with someone where there is a residential size oven and microwave? That would make a difference in what you might want to take. Is it just two of you, or are you cooking for a crowd?

When we visit family, I frequently take along homemade soups, stew that can be turned into soup or stretched with additional veggies or potatoes. How about some of our new mini carrot cakes (unfilled). Take the ingredients for the frosting in your small batter bowl in your cooler or buy them there, along with the Easy accent decorator to fill them. Bake at home, and you can store them in one of those GLAD containers with waxpaper or parchment paper between the layers.

Yes - I think we need to know what kind of appliances/kitchen you will have to work with in order to give ideas for cooking. Very different if all you have is a hot plate or an apt. sized microwave vs. a full kitchen w/ full sized appliances.

Ooops I gues I forgot to mention that. We are staying at a resort with a Full Kitchen and It will just be my hubby and I (2nd year wedding anniversary on the 15th). I like the idea of the rings :)

When we vacation we take a crockpot. Put recipe in in the morning and then GO PLAY!

Quite often I prepare a meal at home, put half in the freezer to take when we are RVing.
I will put it in the crockpot before taking off for touring, and come back to a wonderful meal. Stew and Chili really work well in that situation. Also, Italian sausage and sauce.
All you have to add is the pasta you want. You can cook that at home, too, and freeze
just the amount you will want for one meal. Let it thaw in your refrig, and add to the hot sauce in the Crockpot, when you return from having your day away.

1. How can I plan meals for a vacation without access to a full kitchen?

One option is to bring along a portable grill or camping stove. You can also plan meals that require minimal cooking, such as salads, sandwiches, and fruit platters. Alternatively, you can look for vacation rentals or hotels with kitchenettes to have access to basic cooking equipment.

2. What are some easy meal ideas for a beach vacation?

Some easy and delicious meal ideas for a beach vacation include grilled fish or shrimp tacos, cold pasta salads, and BBQ chicken skewers. You can also pack some pre-made sandwiches and wraps for a quick and convenient beach lunch.

3. How can I make sure I have all the necessary ingredients for cooking on vacation?

Make a meal plan before your trip and create a shopping list based on that plan. This will ensure you have all the necessary ingredients for your vacation meals. You can also pack some basic pantry staples such as spices, condiments, and non-perishable items to save money and time.

4. What are some easy and healthy breakfast options for a vacation?

Some easy and healthy breakfast options for a vacation include overnight oats, fruit and yogurt parfaits, and avocado toast. You can also pack some granola bars, protein bars, or individual oatmeal packets for a quick and portable breakfast option.

5. How can I involve my family or friends in cooking on vacation?

Cooking on vacation can be a fun and bonding experience with your family or friends. Have everyone choose a meal to plan and prepare, or assign different tasks to each person, such as chopping vegetables or grilling the meat. You can also plan a themed dinner night or have a cooking competition to make it more exciting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Deb's A Cookin'
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Kitchen Diva