• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Enchilada Cassarole for Pitch-in: Oven vs. Microwave

In summary, you can use any baking dish for the enchilada casserole recipe, but using a Pampered Chef dish will provide better results. The cooking time will vary but generally takes 30-40 minutes in a preheated oven. You can make the casserole ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different. It's recommended to cover the casserole while cooking and the Pampered Chef Microwave Chip Maker is not suitable for this recipe.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
We are having a pitch in at church tomorrow. I wanted to make the enchillada cassarole, which I always do in the DCB not the DDB. Problem is that our church's microwave doesn't work. Has anyone done this in the regular oven? How long did it take?

The recipe says:Microwave on high 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted (or bake at 350 for 25 minutes).

What's a pitch?This casserole is already cooked when you assembled it, so you just need to bake it long enough to heat it through and melt the cheese.

a "pitch in" dinner

Thanks for the response!

Oh, around here we call them potlucks.

I do it in the oven, I just pop it in until the cheese melts.

Related to Cooking Enchilada Cassarole for Pitch-in: Oven vs. Microwave

1. Can I use a regular baking dish instead of a Pampered Chef dish for the enchilada casserole?

Yes, you can use any baking dish for this recipe. However, using a Pampered Chef dish will provide even heating and better results.

2. How long do I need to cook the enchilada casserole in the oven?

The cooking time will vary depending on your oven and the size of your casserole. Generally, it takes about 30-40 minutes in a preheated 375°F oven.

3. Can I make the enchilada casserole ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave?

Yes, you can make the casserole ahead of time and reheat it in the microwave. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different compared to cooking it in the oven.

4. Do I need to cover the enchilada casserole while it's cooking?

Yes, it's recommended to cover the casserole with foil while it's cooking in the oven. This will help the cheese to melt and prevent the top from burning.

5. Can I use the Pampered Chef Microwave Chip Maker to cook the enchilada casserole?

No, the Microwave Chip Maker is not suitable for cooking a casserole. It's designed for making chips and other crispy snacks in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefpenny99
  • Products and Tips
Replies