1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Cooking Club flyer?

1. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

I read about a consultant here who is providing a cooking club, where 10 people pay $15.00 a month for 10 months, then get to spend that money all at once one month out of the 10. (The consultant will have a stable 150.00 show every month!) I was thinking about doing something similar, but tweaking it a bit. (I would like to call it a cooking class, and people will pay for the class, but go home with a different $15.00 gift at each class. I'll just get that one item for each confirmed guest before the class.) Anyway....I'm having problems with word choices to make a flyer advertising the cooking class. Has anyone done this already? I'd love to borrow some of your ideas!

2. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

Please help?

3. stacywhitlow

stacywhitlow Veteran Member

Sounds like a great idea. I have thought of doing something similar before. Any suggestions out there?

Mar 13, 2009
  4. noelskitchen

noelskitchen Member

I saw a flyer here that I'm going to try using at my Spring Preview Show to start a Cooking Club. I told some of my contacts and they loved the idea.

Mar 13, 2009
  5. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

I like the idea of the Cooking Club Cooking Class-style, but I'm curious... who brings the ingredients for the recipe? How will you pay for the $15 gift for every person who comes? I like the idea of everyone paying $15 per month and I'm guessing the "Host" for that month gets the $15 from everyone ($15 x 10 people = $150) to spend on new kitchen tools. If you let the Host use the $150 and then hold a drawing amongst the other 9 people, the winner of the drawing could get the $15 of FREE product value when you enter that Cooking Show order... The drawing winner would also get free shipping and 10% for a year. Might want to say that once one of the 10 has won the monthly drawing prize, he or she can't win it again within the 10-month cooking class window... Let me know what you think!

Mar 20, 2009
  6. TrishPCMommy

TrishPCMommy Member Gold Member

In addition to my response above, the monthly Host can purchase the monthly host special or offer it to the drawing winner. If neither of them want it, hold a drawing for that to the other 8 attendees...
    Would you have the monthly Host provide the groceries like a regular Cooking Show?

Mar 20, 2009
  7. TiffanyBarton

TiffanyBarton Member

How about covering the cost of ingredients for each class by bumping up the price of the class just a bit. Say $2-5 per person depending on which recipe you will be teaching. Overall the idea is that this is a class, it is your time and they will be learning as well as receiving "free" product.

So, $20 per person x 10 months = $200 per registrant
    $15 product passed out each month x 10 months = $150 in "free" product
    $5 in ingredients and cost x 10 months = $50 of actual class payment

You could foot the bill for the first month by buying ingredients and whatever item was chosen (so you have something for them on the first class) and have each registrant pay at the beginning of class. That money would pay for the next months product.

You could even offer frequent class attenders discounts or benefits if you wanted. Say, a percentage off of a product if they host an unrelated show, refer someone, bring a friend, etc.

Just a thought.

Mar 21, 2009
Have something to add?