• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Joining a Cooking Club with Monthly Free Gifts Worth It?

In summary, this cooking class sounds like a great way to start off the Spring season. The cost of the class ($20 per person) and the potential for receiving "free" product (in the form of the $15 gift each person brings) make it a good investment. The monthly Host can foot the bill for the first month, and then offer frequent class attenders discounts or benefits.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I read about a consultant here who is providing a cooking club, where 10 people pay $15.00 a month for 10 months, then get to spend that money all at once one month out of the 10. (The consultant will have a stable 150.00 show every month!) I was thinking about doing something similar, but tweaking it a bit. (I would like to call it a cooking class, and people will pay for the class, but go home with a different $15.00 gift at each class. I'll just get that one item for each confirmed guest before the class.) Anyway....I'm having problems with word choices to make a flyer advertising the cooking class. Has anyone done this already? I'd love to borrow some of your ideas!

Sounds like a great idea. I have thought of doing something similar before. Any suggestions out there?

I saw a flyer here that I'm going to try using at my Spring Preview Show to start a Cooking Club. I told some of my contacts and they loved the idea.

I like the idea of the Cooking Club Cooking Class-style, but I'm curious... who brings the ingredients for the recipe? How will you pay for the $15 gift for every person who comes? I like the idea of everyone paying $15 per month and I'm guessing the "Host" for that month gets the $15 from everyone ($15 x 10 people = $150) to spend on new kitchen tools. If you let the Host use the $150 and then hold a drawing amongst the other 9 people, the winner of the drawing could get the $15 of FREE product value when you enter that Cooking Show order... The drawing winner would also get free shipping and 10% for a year. Might want to say that once one of the 10 has won the monthly drawing prize, he or she can't win it again within the 10-month cooking class window... Let me know what you think!

In addition to my response above, the monthly Host can purchase the monthly host special or offer it to the drawing winner. If neither of them want it, hold a drawing for that to the other 8 attendees...
Would you have the monthly Host provide the groceries like a regular Cooking Show?

How about covering the cost of ingredients for each class by bumping up the price of the class just a bit. Say $2-5 per person depending on which recipe you will be teaching. Overall the idea is that this is a class, it is your time and they will be learning as well as receiving "free" product.

So, $20 per person x 10 months = $200 per registrant
$15 product passed out each month x 10 months = $150 in "free" product
$5 in ingredients and cost x 10 months = $50 of actual class payment

You could foot the bill for the first month by buying ingredients and whatever item was chosen (so you have something for them on the first class) and have each registrant pay at the beginning of class. That money would pay for the next months product.

You could even offer frequent class attenders discounts or benefits if you wanted. Say, a percentage off of a product if they host an unrelated show, refer someone, bring a friend, etc.

Just a thought.

1. What is the purpose of the Cooking Club Flyer?

The Cooking Club Flyer is a tool used by Pampered Chef consultants to promote their cooking clubs, which are gatherings where friends and family can learn new recipes and cooking techniques while trying out Pampered Chef products.

2. How often are new Cooking Club Flyers released?

New Cooking Club Flyers are released every quarter, typically in January, April, July, and October.

3. Can anyone attend a cooking club event?

Yes, anyone can attend a cooking club event as long as they are invited by the host or a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Are the recipes and products featured on the Cooking Club Flyer exclusive to cooking clubs?

No, the recipes and products featured on the Cooking Club Flyer are available for purchase by anyone, not just cooking club attendees. However, cooking club events may offer exclusive discounts and promotions for these products.

5. How can I find a cooking club event near me?

You can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or check the “Find a Consultant” section on the Pampered Chef website for upcoming cooking club events in your area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • amcclanaghan
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
amcclanaghan
  • Bren706