• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press Help! Won't Stick to Stone

In summary, various recipes for cookies will work with different discs, but it is important to hold the disc in place for different lengths of time in order to achieve a successful outcome.
KimOwen
Hi,

I'm experimenting with my cookie press and can't seem to get the dough to stick to the parchment paper or a stone. It will stick to a cookie sheet but that's it. I've tried two different recipes. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

get your counter damp, stick the parchment onto the counter, and then try to get the cookies to stick.

i don't have a problem getting them to stick to cool stones ... they just won't do anything with a warm stone.

is your dough too dried out??

There are some threads here from last year with good recipes and tips. When I took the advice given, I had no problems.

I've checked previous threads and didn't find anything about the dough not sticking to the surface. The dough is nice and soft but definitely not too soft. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll try wetting the parchment. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

do you have your disc facing the right way? I always have to look up the directions and make sure I do thet. It makes a huge difference!

I noticed when I was using the cookie press and stone that if the stone was hot it would not stick. SO now I've changed to using parchment paper on the counter and then moving it onto the stone. Works like a charm!

I think it also depends on the disc. I tried Ann's recipe for PB cookies (PB, sugar and 1 egg) and I could not get it to work with the pumpkin disc, even on cold parchment paper on the counter. But it did come out OK with a different disc. That recipe is pretty firm, so maybe different recipes work better with different discs.

I did read that you have to hold it in place (before pulling it away from the paper/cookie sheet) for different lengths of time depending on which disc you are using. I'm pretty sure that is on the use and care card.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your cookie press. One thing you could try is lightly greasing the parchment paper or stone with cooking spray or a small amount of oil before pressing the dough onto it. This may help the dough stick better. Also, make sure you are using a firm dough that is not too soft or sticky. If the dough is too soft, it may not hold its shape on the parchment paper or stone. Additionally, you could try chilling the dough for a little while before using the cookie press to make it firmer and easier to work with. I hope these tips help and you are able to successfully use your cookie press! Happy baking!

1. Why won't my cookie dough stick to the stone when using the cookie press?

There could be a few reasons why your dough is not sticking to the stone. Firstly, make sure that the stone is completely clean and dry before using it. Any moisture or residue on the stone can prevent the dough from sticking. Also, check the consistency of your dough - if it is too dry or crumbly, it may not stick to the stone properly. Adding a small amount of water or milk to the dough can help improve its stickiness. Lastly, try lightly greasing the stone with a cooking spray or oil before using the cookie press to help the dough adhere better.

2. How can I prevent my cookie dough from sticking to the cookie press?

If your dough is sticking to the cookie press and not releasing properly, try dusting the press with a small amount of flour or powdered sugar before using it. This will create a barrier between the dough and the press, making it easier to release the dough without sticking. Additionally, make sure to clean the cookie press thoroughly between uses to prevent any build-up of dough that can cause sticking.

3. Can I use the cookie press with chilled cookie dough?

It is not recommended to use chilled cookie dough with the cookie press. The dough needs to be at room temperature in order to be pliable enough to pass through the press and stick to the stone. If your dough is too cold, it may not stick to the stone or may cause the press to clog. Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using it with the cookie press.

4. What should I do if my cookie dough is too soft and won't hold its shape in the cookie press?

If your cookie dough is too soft and not holding its shape when using the press, try chilling the dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before using it. This will help the dough firm up and hold its shape when pressed through the cookie press. You can also add a bit more flour to the dough to help thicken it and hold its form when pressed.

5. How can I clean my cookie press after use?

To clean the cookie press, first disassemble it by removing the plunger and disc. Wash these parts in warm soapy water, making sure to remove any dough residue. Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any dough that may be stuck in the crevices of the press. Wipe the body of the press with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly before reassembling. Avoid submerging the entire press in water, as this can damage the inner mechanism.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• I Have the Tools
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
Replies
Views
baychef
  • nancycookspc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies