• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookie Press Blues: Tips for Successful Cookie-Making

In summary, people seem to have problems with either the ease of making the dough or having good results with the cookies. It seems like practice is key for anyone looking to try this out.
nicolespcshows
I have had several people say they hate their cookie press. I am not fond of mine either. Everytime I use it my cookies get really messed up. Does anyone have any tricks to share. Do you have to let the stoneware totally cool before you put another batch on. I am an idiot...I just can't figure it out.:confused:

Practice, practice, practice! Is what I have heard! I have mine but only tried it a couple of times and mine were a dud. Two other customers complained about how hard it is to use but that one of their kids played with it for awhile to get the hang of it and their cookies turned out pretty!

I have used mine twiceand I love it. I have found that if I use two stones the first one cools enough by the time your ready to put it back in that the cookies adhere better. There is diffently a nack to using them. Practice makes purfect.

Kathy Griffith
W Memphis AR

nicolespcshows said:
I have had several people say they hate their cookie press. I am not fond of mine either. Everytime I use it my cookies get really messed up. Does anyone have any tricks to share. Do you have to let the stoneware totally cool before you put another batch on. I am an idiot...I just can't figure it out.:confused:

Just gave mine away....a friend said she loves using it, but didnt have 1...WELL she does NOW!!;) ;) ;) HATE IT!!!

I can't get mine to work well at all. I have tried it several times and they have flopped everytime. I can't say it is because I don't know how to use one either. I have a Wilton one that I bought several years ago and my cookies are perfect everytime. Help, any tips other than practice. I have even thought about sending it back and getting another one. But after reading this thread, I have decided I am not the only one that is having problems. :confused:

To make the dough come out easier I put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds if it is cold. Bringing it to room temperature helps a lot. I have good look with some designs and bad luck with others. I have only used it once though. And I let my stone cool some but not a lot and I think using more than one stone would work better b/c when I but the second batch on the warm stone they lost their shape before they cooked b/c of the heat.

jrstephens said:
To make the dough come out easier I put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds if it is cold. Bringing it to room temperature helps a lot. I have good look with some designs and bad luck with others. I have only used it once though. And I let my stone cool some but not a lot and I think using more than one stone would work better b/c when I but the second batch on the warm stone they lost their shape before they cooked b/c of the heat.

WAY toooooooooooooooo much trouble for me;) . The 1 time I tried to use it, it was from the cookie cards that we sell through the supply orders.

If you do a search you will find all kinds of threads about everyone's love/hate relationship with the cookie press. I posted some recipes that are supposed to work great (haven't tried them yet myself) when someone else was having troubles.

Related to Cookie Press Blues: Tips for Successful Cookie-Making

1. How do I prevent my cookie dough from sticking to the cookie press?

In order to prevent your cookie dough from sticking to the cookie press, it is important to make sure that the dough is not too soft or sticky. You can achieve this by refrigerating the dough for at least 30 minutes before using it in the cookie press. Additionally, lightly dusting the cookie press with flour or powdered sugar can also help prevent sticking.

2. Can I use any type of cookie dough in a cookie press?

While most cookie doughs can be used in a cookie press, it is best to avoid doughs that are too soft or sticky. Doughs with mix-ins such as chocolate chips or nuts may also cause issues with the cookie press. It is recommended to use a basic sugar cookie dough or a shortbread dough for best results.

3. How do I clean my cookie press?

Cleaning your cookie press is important to ensure that it works properly for your next use. The best way to clean a cookie press is to disassemble it and wash each part with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry each part thoroughly before reassembling. Avoid using the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the cookie press.

4. Can I adjust the size of the cookies with a cookie press?

Yes, most cookie presses come with different discs or tips that allow you to adjust the size and shape of the cookies. Make sure to follow the instructions provided with your cookie press to properly change the size of the cookies. Keep in mind that larger cookies may require more pressure on the cookie press handle.

5. How do I troubleshoot if my cookie press is not working?

If you are having trouble with your cookie press, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that the dough is not too soft or sticky. If it is, refrigerate it for 30 minutes before trying again. Also, check to see if any parts of the cookie press are loose or need to be cleaned. If all else fails, refer to the instruction manual or contact customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hannahshoping
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Staci
  • punkie1019
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies