• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Cookie Dough Muffins for Kids: Quick Recipe for Stoneware or Mini Tin

In summary, this recipe recommends evenly coating a stoneware with Crisco and salt, baking for 30 minutes, and then taking the stone out of the oven to cool.
babywings76
Gold Member
I think I read somewhere, but can't find it now, but where you take refrigerated cookie dough and put it in the 12 cup muffin stoneware or the mini muffing tin and then either eat as is or do something to it...

I have some friends coming over tomorrow and I just want to come up with a super fast and easy recipe that kids will love. Between the 3 families, there will be 11 kids!

Any recipes out there?

I think I posted once to take cookie dough in mini muffin pan, after they cook use tart shaper to make an indent. Then mix peanut butter, a little cocoa and water till smooth, fill indents. Really good.... I think

Mini Muffin Pan - sugar cookie dough and hershey's kisses or mini peanut butter cup, choc chip cookie dough and kiss or pb cup, or pb cookie dough and hershey's kiss. Also brownie mix and a caramel or choc chip cookie dough and a scoop of brownie mix in the centre then bake.

Thanks! :)

kcjodih said:
Mini Muffin Pan - sugar cookie dough and hershey's kisses or mini peanut butter cup, choc chip cookie dough and kiss or pb cup, or pb cookie dough and hershey's kiss. Also brownie mix and a caramel or choc chip cookie dough and a scoop of brownie mix in the centre then bake.

Jodi, sounds like you love to make and eat these -- I need to try them!

This is a recipe I found years ago that I sometimes bring to shows as the dessert b/c it showcases a lot of products...mini muffin pan, tart shaper, cookie scoop, egg slicer, even the microplane grater. Usually I have them premade and then just show the eggslicer for strawberries, food chopper for nuts, and grater for chocolate as garnish. Enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Puffs

1 tube refrigerated choc. chip cookie dough
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 T. butter, softened
½ tsp vanilla or almond extract
1 ¼ cups confectioners sugar

Cut cookie dough in half. With floured hands, press about 1 Tbsp. dough onto bottom and sides of mini muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Using tart shaper, reshape puffed cookie cups by pressing tart shaper into dough to create a valley. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely.

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in conf. sugar. Using small cookie scoop, scoop filling into cups. Store in refrigerator.

Yields 1 dozen.

HINT: usually I can use the whole tube of cookie dough with only one serving of filling if you use cookie scoop and mini muffin pan. If you use a regular muffin pan, you would need to double the entire recipe.

I want to work on seasoning my 12 cup muffin stone, so I'm going to make them in there. I know it will be huge and probably a lot different than these recipes, but I'm going to try anyway.Do you recommend I spray the stone first or is there enough grease in cookie dough that they'll come out? Or will they be impossible to get out of a stone, and I should just skip it with this and do cookies in the mini muffin tin? :D

Amanda, I suggest seasoning the stone first. There was a thread a couple of days ago with a recipe. Eventhought the cookie dough is greesy, it isn't enought to season the stone. I've found things stick in my 12 cup muffin stone even thought it is pretty well seasoned.

I'm going to just use the MMP, and season the muffin pan later...I'll go check out that seasoning recipe. I'm not a huge meatloaf fan, so I don't want to do that. :D

It is post 4 on this thread:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/how-did-you-season-your-fluted-stoneware-38541/

Rae posted this:
Someone shared a seasoning recipe. I'd give credit if I could remember who it was. However, my wee little brain did not retain that information.

I recently seasoned several pieces for a good customer. It works really well. I share the recipe with people purchasing stoneware at my shows.

You’ll need:
1/2 cup Crisco
1/4 cup salt

Mix Crisco and salt. Spread over surfaces you want to be nonstick on stoneware. (This is enough to do the Stoneware Fluted Pan. You may have mixture left over.)

Bake in a 250 degree oven 30 minutes. (You can put a piece of foil on the rack below the one your stoneware is on.) Take the stone out of the oven and let it cool with the melty goop still there. When cool enough to touch, take a paper towel or silicone brush and smear it all around, making some attempt to contact every part of the surface. The salt rubs on it and smooths it just a little.

Pop it back in the oven. Leave it for another 30 minutes. Turn the oven off, and leave the stoneware in overnight. This allows the oils to seep deeply into the stone. (Bottom line, it lasts longer than if you just take it out, let it cool, and rinse it off.) The next morning, rinse/scrape under hot water and tada! Nonstick stoneware! It works wonders for new stones.

Why does it work? The salt acts as a sandpaper - the "grit" is activated when you rub it around. And, unlike sand or sandpaper, salt rinses out/melts away under hot water. The smoother surface and the heat/oil saturation, make each work together to season the stones.

Interesting note: This works well on cast iron, too.

What is the best way to use cookie dough in stoneware?

The best way to use cookie dough in stoneware is to preheat the stoneware in the oven before placing the cookie dough on it. This will ensure even cooking and prevent the dough from sticking to the stoneware.

Can I freeze cookie dough in stoneware?

Yes, you can freeze cookie dough in stoneware. Simply prepare the dough as usual, place it in the stoneware, and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. When ready to bake, remove from the freezer and let it thaw in the refrigerator before baking.

How do I clean stoneware after using it for cookie dough?

Cleaning stoneware after using it for cookie dough is easy. Allow the stoneware to cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbing pads as they can damage the stoneware's seasoning.

Can I use stoneware for other types of cookies besides chocolate chip?

Yes, stoneware can be used for various types of cookies, such as sugar cookies, oatmeal cookies, and peanut butter cookies. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly to ensure even cooking.

Is it necessary to use parchment paper when baking cookie dough in stoneware?

No, it is not necessary to use parchment paper when baking cookie dough in stoneware. The stoneware's natural non-stick surface will prevent the dough from sticking. However, if you prefer to use parchment paper, you can do so for easy clean-up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies