• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cook-Off Showdown: Under 40's vs. Over 40's

In summary, the cook off between the under 40's and over 40's was a success. The unders made the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries, and the overs made the Spicy Broccoli Frittata. Both were completed within minutes of each other. There was no prize given, but the participants had a lot of fun.
Sallie_M
So, my interactive show was a cook off between the under 40's and over 40's (there was only one I was unsure where to put her, and she was flattered :) )

I did a quick overview of the tools on the table, then gave them each a copy of the recipes.

The unders made the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries, and the overs made the Spicy Broccoli Frittata.

The times were very similar. They both got done within minutes of each other.

Didn't give a prize, but they had a lot of fun, and I sold a couple of 29 Minute cookbooks.

Was on my way home in 2 1/2 hours start to finish, just over $500 with 9 people (and 3 outside orders). :thumbup:

Yum! We love the Spicy Broccoli Frittata at our house!
Sounds like a fun show, Sallie!

I really like the chocolate velvet cake for an interactive show. All the guests were licking the bowl and spatulas afterwards!

That sounds like so much fun. We were talking about doing a Memorial day picnic... Maybe we could incorperate a cook off theme! Great idea!!!

wadesgirl said:
I really like the chocolate velvet cake for an interactive show. All the guests were licking the bowl and spatulas afterwards!

Yea. You could definately tell which ones were PMS'ing! They each had a spoon in the BB :p

Sallie_M said:
Yea. You could definately tell which ones were PMS'ing! They each had a spoon in the BB :p
I was putting the dirty dishes in the sink with warm water as we were done with them. But the host nabbed the SS bowl out right away and sent it around the room. There was only three people there and the host's daughter but we still had a good laugh.

Uh, hem. Won't deny that I haven't had times like that....:blushing:

Sallie_M said:

I'm sure most of us have done that even when were are NOT PMS'ing!!

Please, I tell my kids they can't lick the batter when I make cakes and brownies because of the raw eggs, then when they leave the room I eat it!!! LOL Evil, huh???

1. What is the "Cook-Off Showdown: Under 40's vs. Over 40's" event?

The "Cook-Off Showdown: Under 40's vs. Over 40's" is a cooking competition organized by Pampered Chef, where two teams of home cooks, one under 40 and one over 40, compete against each other to create delicious dishes using Pampered Chef products.

2. How are the teams chosen for the "Cook-Off Showdown: Under 40's vs. Over 40's"?

The teams are chosen through an application process where interested home cooks can submit a video showcasing their cooking skills and why they should be chosen to represent their age group in the competition.

3. What products from Pampered Chef will be used in the "Cook-Off Showdown: Under 40's vs. Over 40's"?

All products used in the competition will be from Pampered Chef's catalog, including cookware, bakeware, and kitchen tools. Contestants will have access to a wide range of products to create their dishes.

4. Who will be judging the "Cook-Off Showdown: Under 40's vs. Over 40's"?

The judging panel will consist of professional chefs, food bloggers, and Pampered Chef representatives. They will evaluate the dishes based on taste, presentation, and creativity.

5. Is the "Cook-Off Showdown: Under 40's vs. Over 40's" open to the public?

Unfortunately, due to limited space, the event is not open to the public. However, the competition will be live-streamed on Pampered Chef's website and social media channels so everyone can follow along and cheer for their favorite team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • ChefAna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
thefoodking
  • jcwarr