• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Another Frustration -- Hosts Getting Bored & off Topic

In summary, the author is frustrated because guests get bored and off topic. Another frustration -- guests getting bored & off topic.
Laura4
Another frustration -- guests getting bored & off topicSo last night I had a show that I'm not even at the $150 mark to submit it as a show yet. :cry:

She's leaving it open and while we're almost to the mark, I think it's around $123 or something like that, and she has other orders that will be coming in, it's just frustrating. 3 people showed up. THREE. The host was such a nice and generous person and I loved her. She's recruitable material I think, she just may not know it. Loves the products, can't get enough of them. Hopefully I made an impression. Last night was the first night I displayed my "Why Album". Made mention, no one looked that I saw. Although I did see the host finger it once. I don't know if she looked though. :thumbup:

Anyway, I love that my hosts can be laid back and be themselves at my shows, it's what I love about my shows. I love that they feel comfortable enough around me to be themselves, but unfortunately with that territory comes interruption about their own lives and jobs, etc., and we also get off track and I'm nervous as well, and then I tend to want to start reading off my page of notes again, bad habit of mine! And then I've totally lost them when I start reading off the paper.

Last night's show, I only really took the fall products, showed those, the DCB, the Cool & Serve, and had 2 pans out on the kitchen table for display. By the time I was done explaining about the DCB, Cool & Serve & the fall products, I'd lost them though. What all do you really say about each of the products? Maybe I'm saying too much just like the care card.

Last edited:
just a quick thing ... listen to the "top seller" shows how mp3 on CC online training section.. Lisa Amblo goes over selling. and it's OMG good. I've listened to it twice.

She said your most important time is the first 20 minutes. She such great points.. you really should take the time to listen to her!

I do the fully interactive shows. I introduce myself, tell them this is fully interactive (because it's my theory that if they can't go home & do it again, what was the point of coming?), then invite them to go & wash their hands so we can get started. I let them do everything. I just stand back & answer questions. So pretty much all the products we are using are discussed during the prep.

While it's cooking and they are sitting down looking at catalogs is when I go over the rules for our shows in Japan (more strict here) and then do the booking & recruiting slide & the upcoming specials. While they are eating, I usually do the door prize drawing and put away the dirty dishes (I use the Pampered Chef roll cart, put the dishes in dirty & then zip out the liner at home & clean it). I usually ask what they think about the recipe(s), if they think that they could go home and do that again, if anyone has any questions, etc. Then I'm ready to do the checkout about the time that they all finish eating.

By keeping them up & involved, it really cuts down on the interruptions. ;) If it's a super big or super loud crowd, I'll wait to do the upcoming specials & the booking & recruiting slide until they have food. They are all quiet then! LOL

There's nothing really for me to have to "read" to them other than point out the slides on the booking/recruiting slide. Have to say, anyone who hasn't invested the $15 in that sucker should. It really IS worth it. ;)

Sheila said:
While they are eating, I usually do the door prize drawing and put away the dirty dishes (I use the Pampered Chef roll cart, put the dishes in dirty & then zip out the liner at home & clean it).

I never even thought of doing that with the rolling tote..... And I've had it for 3 years...

Ok -- one other dilemna.
I was all set that last night I would do a fully interactive. The hostess already had everything prepared. So all that was left to do was bake it. So when everyone got there all I had to do was just explain what I did.

That's why I think she's interested b/c she made the comment something like "I kind of like to do this." or something or other. She just kind of kept making comments like that. I really am going to ask her if it might be something she might be interested in....I don't want to let it go!!

Laura4 said:
That's why I think she's interested b/c she made the comment something like "I kind of like to do this." or something or other. She just kind of kept making comments like that. I really am going to ask her if it might be something she might be interested in....I don't want to let it go!!

Follow your gut instinct and go for it! If you don't ask, then the answer is 'no', right? So what have you got to lose?

Laura4 said:

Why are you waiting to ask her? Tell her that she made such a strong impression on you and that you think she would be a great consultant. The show was bust for you with only ~$123 in orders. Tell her that you will turn the show over to her and all the orders she is collecting if she is ready to get started.

I'm with Wendy....why on earth haven't you asked her yet? Don't let her slide through your fingers. Also, if she prepared the dish and left it ready to bake before you got there, your host coaching may need some work. That could also be part of the problem with your sales, as well. Really do some research on what our top sellers do for host coaching. And be sure to go to National Conference next summer! You'll get some AMAZING tips there. (-:

Krista Burson said:
I never even thought of doing that with the rolling tote..... And I've had it for 3 years...

I like this idea. But... what's the rolling cart? (please forgive my ignorance, I'm new) :)

It's one of the bags you can get on the supply order. I don't use mine much because once you add products it's HEAVY! Many people have stairs and gravel driveways which make the wheels useless and just more dead weight.

I do however use mine for fairs. It's great for that and gives me a small additional "table".

I just sent her an e-mail saying I got an order from last night's show when I got home, then I went into saying "boy, you sure have the "pre show preparedness down....you have what it takes!" something like that. Went onto say about the perks, etc.,
We'll see how that goes...

Then while I was at it, I facebooked another previous consultant and asked her if she by chance wanted to resign and get that apron back on.

I'm feeling gutsy tonight. ROFLMAO!!!

honestly, call your host and talk to her. it is so much more personal and even if she isn't interests, sure she would love to be complimented on all her prep work.

I agree with patty. If she is hesitant to say yes, you can HEAR it in her voice, but you can't see it in her email. And you'll have a chance right then and there to answer her questions or put aside any worries she has.

Yes, you will get further talking to her vs. e-mail. ;)

Laura4 said:
I just sent her an e-mail saying I got an order from last night's show when I got home, then I went into saying "boy, you sure have the "pre show preparedness down....you have what it takes!" something like that. Went onto say about the perks, etc.,
We'll see how that goes...

Great start. Now call her and tell her you sent her a email and talk to her on the phone. Just ask, "Have you ever thought about becoming a Pampered Chef?" Do it today and let us know!

When we closed, she said she got the e-mail and she considered it, but with her work schedule, she said not at this moment. But maybe down the road. So it wasn't a "no"...LOL!

1. How can I keep my Pampered Chef party guests engaged and interested?

It's important to plan ahead and have a structured agenda for your party. You can also try incorporating interactive activities and games related to the products, as well as offering special discounts or prizes for participating. Keeping the party moving at a good pace can also help prevent guests from getting bored.

2. What are some ways to stay on topic during a Pampered Chef party?

One way is to have a clear theme or focus for your party, such as highlighting a specific product or recipe. You can also try using visual aids, such as product demonstrations or videos, to keep guests engaged and focused on the products being presented.

3. How can I handle guests who continuously go off topic during the party?

Gently redirect the conversation back to the products or party theme. You can also try involving them in an activity or asking for their input on a product. If necessary, politely remind them that the purpose of the party is to learn about and try out Pampered Chef products.

4. What are some tips for keeping the party fun and not feeling like a sales pitch?

Incorporate fun elements into the party, such as food samples, games, or DIY projects using the products. It's also important to have a genuine enthusiasm for the products and share personal experiences or tips with the guests. This will make the party feel more like a gathering among friends rather than a sales pitch.

5. How do I prevent guests from getting bored with the same Pampered Chef products at every party?

Try switching up the products you feature at each party, or offer a new recipe or technique using a familiar product. You can also offer a variety of flavors or variations for the same product to keep things interesting. Additionally, involving guests in the planning process and asking for their input on what products they would like to see can also help keep things fresh.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • wmrmgr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • SherryLynn