• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Confused About Cert. of Insurance and Liability Insurance

In summary, the conversation includes a discussion about the insurance requirements for an upcoming booth event. The person speaking mailed a copy of their Demonstrator Liability Insurance but is now unsure if it is the correct form. They received an email from the event organizer requesting the insurance certificate be sent by tomorrow. They are considering requesting the certificate through the link on CC to ensure they have the correct form. They also mention that the insurance company is quick to respond and provide the certificate.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am doing a booth next week. They require an "insurance certificate" from all exhibitors. I mailed her a copy of the Demonstrator Liability Insurance. She has emailed saying some exhibitors have not turned in their form, and now I am wondering if i gave them the wrong form. I see the Download Center has a "Request for Certificate of Insurance" form.What is the difference?? I have enough time to get the Cert of Insurance completed by HO, but wandering if I need to get it.This is exactly what her email said:
I do not have an insurance waiver from the majority of you guys. Please mail you certificate by tomorrow so I have it in have for the event. You may also bring it with you to check in on Tuesday 7/17. Please note that you will not be able to set up without turning in a copy of the insurance certificate. We will have waivers on hand also -- but if you send someone else to set up, they must have the authority to sign such a waiver or have the insurance certificate with them.
I'm confused.
Thanks!!

I think I would email her back and ask her if what you gave her was sufficient or if she needs something else. You might not be part of "the majority of you guys." :)

Shari in TX

It's worth requesting the certificate through the link on CC. The contact at the insurance company will e-mail you a PDF of the certificate with a very fast turn-around. I think I got it within a few business hours. You don't pay for it so in this instance, better safe than sorry. If I recall correctly, the demonstrator liability is a limited amount that covers you at a host's home doing a show. The certificate you will get covers a larger amount of $ and is for events like the one you are doing.

Ok. I think I may do that....just in case. :)
I did email her and ask if I was one of the missing, but she wasn't at her office when she replied back. She just said she'd check, but not to worry- she'd have blank forms at the event just in case. I don't know what I'd do with a blank form either. :D So I think I'll fill out the other. I noticed it has a spot for "exact name of trade show".
And it's good to know they are quick with turn around. If it is waiting in her inbox first thing Monday, then I should be ok.

They are awesome! I had printed the C.O.I, scanned and then emailed it to the contact lady listed on the form. I had marked it "urgent", but asked if she could Fax it to the vendor, as well as send me a PDF copy, since I wasn't sure the lady was at her office right now (I know she's on site.). I received a copy of the Certificate of Insurance before NOON today. She would have received the email this morning. Totally ROCKS! And now I can breathe! ;)

What is a Certificate of Insurance?

A Certificate of Insurance is a document that serves as proof of insurance coverage. It outlines the types and limits of insurance coverage that a business or individual holds, as well as the policyholder's name, the policy number, and the effective dates of the policy.

Why is a Certificate of Insurance important?

A Certificate of Insurance is important because it provides evidence that a business or individual has insurance coverage. It is often required by clients, vendors, or landlords as a condition for doing business, renting a property, or entering into a contract. It can also protect businesses from liability claims by providing proof of insurance coverage.

What is Liability Insurance?

Liability Insurance is a type of insurance that protects a business or individual from financial losses due to claims of negligence or harm caused to another party. It can cover legal fees, medical expenses, and damages if a lawsuit is filed against the insured party.

What does Liability Insurance typically cover?

Liability Insurance typically covers bodily injury, property damage, and personal and advertising injury. Bodily injury coverage can protect against claims of physical harm to a person, while property damage coverage can protect against claims of damage to someone else's property. Personal and advertising injury coverage can protect against claims of slander, libel, or copyright infringement.

Do I need Liability Insurance if I have a Certificate of Insurance?

Having a Certificate of Insurance does not necessarily mean that you have liability insurance coverage. A Certificate of Insurance is simply proof that you have insurance, while liability insurance provides specific coverage for claims of negligence or harm. It is important to have both a Certificate of Insurance and liability insurance to protect yourself and your business from potential financial losses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jasonmva
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • AMTC