• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference-Who's Heading to Toronto?

In summary, the conference is July 20-22 and it will be after all three waves are done in the US. It will probably be best to avoid the "Conference 07" area. You can fly to the conference or carpool. If you are flying, it is best to get your tickets early. The cost of the conference
heather9892
i have noticed the threads here for wave 1-3 so i thought we could start our own cdn version
don't want us to be left out lol:D

When is your Conference?

july 20-22

So right after all 3 waves are done in the US. You'll probably all want to stay out of the "Conference 07" area for that day in between, so you don't read anything that will be announced at yours. :)

I really REALLY want to go, but I don't know. Hubby and I have both been on EI since last summer, mine runs out this month, he's been going to school and I haven't been selling long enough to really build up any savings (other than I will have $100 PC that could go to conference). It's not the conference cost, it's the stupid plane ticket (or gas) from NB!!

If I don't go, I"ll be going to the Harry Potter book release bash at Chapters with hubby and daughter. :D

What is EI?

Employment Insurance (Unemployment)

I'm going! This is my first time. I'm so excited!!! I'm counting the days and trying to books some shows around it!

I am kinda undecided. I don't have the extra $200.00 right now but everyone goes on about how great it is. I am so not sure at all....hmmmmm......

is it really unmissable? I only live 40 mins away from the Royal York.

This will be my first as well :)
my pc $$ are paying for it :)
try to make sure you get at least 2 shows in by the 15th of july, then you get something extra for the july sellathon and it is given at conference :)

misty
in all the other direct selling companies i have been in and attended their conference it was unmissable
you come back sooo motivated
with tons of ideas
and you will get to see all the new stuff
try to book an extra show to pay for it :)
hope to see you there

Another Atlantic Consultant Wnats to Go to Conference, too...Hi everyone. I'm pretty new at this whole chef success thing. I've never been to conference -- but I soooo want to go. I'm with NOrthern Sunshine, though, it's the air fare. THe cheapest I can find is from Moncton for $440 roundtrip. Add that to registration and hotel (I'll share a room with someone) and I'm looking at $1000. My husband doesn't think it's worth the $$$ and frankly we can't afford it. Would it be chepaer to carpool? Rent a van and meet in a central spot (Moncton / SJ/etc.)? I know my recruit wants to go but the airfare is cost prohibitive for her.

Any other Atlantic Cdns who think the carpool might be a good idea, email or call me. 902-367-6474 (I don't have email at home til next week, so a phone call is the best way to reach me). We only have a few more days for early bird registration.

The last time I checked it was $550 for Round trip from Moncton (but air fares change daily). I wonder what a guesstimate on gas from here to TO and back would be? According to Mapquest, it's 1364km from Fredericton (semi-central-ish) to the Fairmont.

I know my van averages 20 miles a gallon, which converts to 8.5 km/L. If I figured right, it'd be ~$176 - 200 one way for gas. Though, I suck at math and that could be totally wrong!!

I might be able to entertain NC more seriously if we could organise this. I live right off the highway between Fredericton and Edmonston so could hitch from there? :)

put 4 in a room
use your pc $$ for conference
and splitting the gas might be $60-$100 each if there are 4 of you
it takes 18 hrs to drive from pei to toronto(done it a few times) we left pei at 7am once and were home on the west side of mississauga by 1130pm
and for what it can do for your business its well worth the $$

Went to National Conference last year and drove there. Was the longest drive I've ever had and not planning to do it anytime soon. But I did bring my family with me.

This year I'm going by plane and it's costing me $485 (got my tickets early). But the room's are really expensive this year:( So I had to fundraise a little bit to help me out.

But I'm sure looking foward in going and it's sure is a good investment!!

Tina:)

Who do you get your tickets through? And are you flying out of Moncton or Fredericton or Saint John (I have no clue where Kent Lake is LOL).

I really want to go, but I just don't know. I have enough PC$ to pay for the registration but it's the plane ticket and the room that's gonna make or break it.

Hi everyone, I am new here to chef success. I have been reading info for a month but this is the first time I have replied.
YOU HAVE TO GO TO CONFERENCE!!!
I agree with Heather - put 4 in a room and if you have PC $, use it for registration. I just checked airfare and it is $417 return from both Halifax and Moncton (4 shows and it's paid for!). What you need to realize is that your business is going to take off after Conference - you are going to be armed with all kinds of tips and ideas to set you up for the best fall you've ever had! This will be my third time going and I can't wait to share it with 3 girls from my team (2 just joined within the past 2 months!!!). If you want your business to grow, you NEED to be there. Plus it is sooooooo much fun!
I am actually vacationing in Toronto area BEFORE Conference with my family. Then they are going to drive home and I am flying back on Sunday. I have heard that it is very difficult to vacation AFTER Conference because you just want to get home and put everything into action.
Angie

if even just 2 of you carpool! yes its a LONG drive but if you drive a car and not a van here i cant see it costing any more than $100 each for gas, and if you can find 2 more to share a room with only $100 for the 2 nights.
have a garage sale and put that towards the cost, sell off your spring seasonal items(the purdy green ones) lol
you have the rest of this month for shows so that you get paid in time if you drive
all i can say is do whatever it takes to get there you wont be disappointed!!

I got my tickets with West Jet and will be leaving from Moncton. The tickets might be cheaper now but it's only for certain days. Kent Lake is not too far from Richibucto area.

Hope to see y a at Conference
Tina

Tina, are you flying out on Friday morning or earlier?

I'll be there!! It is awesome. If there is any way that you can make, I highly recommend going.

Tina, did you get the benefit out of conference to make it worth the $$$? To fly is going to cost me $440 plus $200 for hotel and then registration -- as I've used all my PC dollars. $1000 seems like an awful lot -- is there $1000 in value if I go?

I have invested about $1000 every year for 5 years to go to the National Conference ( I am in Calgary) And this year, I just can't do it. my husband and I have had nothing but financial surprises in the last couple of months and we are trying to build a house, and still be able to afford a family vacation in the summer (Already planned, going to the U.S.)
Had I known I was going to have such a problem with finances for conference, I would have planned our vacation as a roadtrip to Ontario!!
It is making me absolutely ILL that I won;t be at conference this year!

I absolutely agree that do whatever you can to get to conference, it will change your business... and it does that every year you go!
I have tryed to figure out a way this year, even with all the crap that is going on, but I just can't.

soooo saaaaad!

ack..I do want to go..I checked and I have a show scheduled on that day b/c i thought I wasn't going to go.

Hmmmmm...I only have until tomorrow...should I reschedule and go - last Thursdays show just paid for it...lol

misty
reschedule! lol
you will be soooooo glad u did and if your not you can hunt me down and smack me! lol

Ya know...i got a sign today...I was worrying about the extra $200.00 bucks and guess what came in the mail today....$100 Pampered Chef Dollars for a recruit who qualified....hmmm...PLUS the early bird deadline was extended too....hmm...and my biz is pretty slow....i think...i think....I THINK I JUST MIGHT SEE YA THERE...

M

misty
see u were meant to come lol
:)

I won't be going........checked awhile back for airfare, $1630.00 OMG!!

I'm just curious- is the Canadian conference always in Toronto, or does it move around, like Leadership does?

I think it moves around. I believe my director said it was in Calgary last year? I could be wrong and if no, ignore me. :p

Cool. I'm just nosy....

When it moves around, it can help "even out" transportation costs so that nobody's got the really long trip every year.

Yes - I always feel bad for those who have to travel from the other side of the country to Chicago.......they are the ones who are really making a committment to their business. It's frustrating to me to hear people in my cluster complain about the cost and not being able to afford it! For us, it is a 1 1/2 hr car ride to Michigan City, and then a $16 round trip train ticket into the city.....That combined w/ Conference Club makes it affordable for anyone!

Now if it was that close for me I'd so be there!! 1 1/2 car ride and a quick train ride?!?! Nice!!ETA: Though I have to say, Calgary is further away from me than Toronto, I think the only way it'd be "close" to me would be if they held it in Halifax (6 hr car ride).

There are only so many cities with enough hotel and conference facilities to handle us.

A 6 hr. car ride isn't bad! That's how far I am from Chicago. My cluster is taking a bus - then we don't have to worry about where to park in Chicago or taking the shuttle from HO park and ride.

I will admit to being almost painfully ignorant of Canadian geography, like many US citizens. But it's fun to call you our "neighbors to the south" because Canada (part of it, anyway) is due south of me (Detroit is north across the Detroit River from Windsor).

Leadership was in Calgary. National tends to be in Toronto. One year it was in Ottawa, though.
I'm looking forward to the joint Canada-US Leadership in Cincinnati in January!

hey marg..took the plunge and booked my spot for conference. Going on my own as my director and recruit are not interested this year. Hopefully I will recognize you!!

Seeya there

M

Hey Misty! I'll be on the look-out for you - you can hang with our cluster. Who's your director and up-line director?
I went by myself a couple of years ago and had an awesome time!!

My director is Darlene Davies and my upline is Cathy Barber...I will be looking out for familiar faces, so lets grab a coffee if we spot each other...

ciao

marg
who is your director? up line?
my up line is cheryl powers

I'm going and can't wait! 25 more sleeps!! ;) It's my first one as well and I have heard that it really makes a difference in your business. I'm very excited! :D

It took me a while to decide though, as my daughter is turning 3 on the 22nd. But, we will celebrate her birthday the weekend before, because she really only cares about presents and her "Wonder Pets" cake!! LOL

northern_sunshine said:
I really REALLY want to go, but I don't know. It's not the conference cost, it's the stupid plane ticket (or gas) from NB!!

Just a suggestion for you, Angela. I used AirMiles to get my ticket from PEI to Toronto. It cost me $300 (I had to buy extra miles), which is fairly reasonable. I did have $100 in PC money too and used it towards my registration. I have roommates as well, which will help keep the hotel costs down.

Can't wait to meet all of you!!!

peichef said:
Any other Atlantic Cdns who think the carpool might be a good idea.

What an awesome idea!! Will have to keep that in mind for next year. I don't think we would have any trouble filling a van. Boy, would we have a ball!!! :)

My director is an executive director - Trish Dayman-Ross. :)

Marie-France - it's my hubby's birthday on the 22nd, too! And last year conference was the weekend of one of my sons' birthdays (the 16th) :)

What's going to work? TEAMWORK! LOL!!

think wonderpets tune

chef success, chef success, we're on our way, we're headed to conference to work and play. We're not too big and we're not too tuff, but mix us together cos we have the right stuff.....

ohhhh..yes..we have a wonderpets fan in the house as well.

m

lol
here as well

LOL!!! You guys are a hoot! Didn't know there were so many wonder pets fans out there! Love your tune, Misty! :)

WOO HOO - 6 more SleepsI will be at the Toronto Conference at the Royal York Hotel on Friday July 20 - July 22. Can't wait.

See you all there!!

Gail:D

Related to Conference-Who's Heading to Toronto?

1. What is the date and location of the conference?

The Pampered Chef Conference in Toronto will take place on [date] at [location].

2. How do I register for the conference?

You can register for the conference on the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant. Please note that registration deadlines may apply.

3. Is there a cost to attend the conference?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend the conference. The fee may vary depending on your consultant status and registration date.

4. What can I expect at the conference?

The conference will include training sessions, product demonstrations, networking opportunities, and exciting new product launches. You will also have the chance to hear from top leaders in the company and gain valuable insights and tips for your business.

5. Can I bring a guest to the conference?

Yes, you can bring one guest with you to the conference for an additional fee. However, the guest must be registered and paid for in advance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • peichef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
peichef
  • lfg8764