• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Waves: The Truth About Wave Assignments and Rotations

In summary, the conversation discusses the assignment of waves for National Conference for consultants of the company. It is believed that the waves rotate every three years, with the company assigning each National Executive Director to one of the three waves. The waves are usually announced after Leadership in January and are listed in the company's publication. Some consultants express their preferences for certain waves based on their personal schedules. It is also mentioned that Executive Directors may occasionally be shifted to different waves. The conversation ends with some consultants excitedly sharing which wave they have been assigned to for the upcoming year.
lisacb77
Okay, those of you that have been at this for a while...this is what my director told me. How true is it?

"No we don’t know for a while which wave we will be assigned to. I think that we will probably be the second wave as this year we were first wave and they typically rotate over a three year cycle. Basically the company assigns the various National Executive Directors (pictured in the catalog) to one of three waves and their down line follows suit."

Not sure how they decide. I have been going to National Conference for 3 years now - Wave 2, Wave 3, Wave 3. I will be VERY VERY disappointed if we don't get Wave 1 this year!

We have been Wave 1 for the last 2 years. I have to tell you that I am hoping for Wave 3 since it will fit in my summer better!!! In July of next year my husband will be just coming home from an extended trip and we will be moving!! So Wave 3 for me please!! LOL!!

It seems like we usually find out what wave we're in sometime after Leadership in January. It will be on CC & in a KCN. It will list the waves, and you are assigned by your executive director. I guess I"m just lucky; my cluster has been in wave 1 the past two years!

Huh. I was under the impression that we were assigned on a rotating basis--wave 1, then wave 2, then wave 3, then back to wave 1, etc. Now I'm really curious how they do things.

My director told me we're in Wave I (Sztukowski downline) next year, which is July 9-11. So I would think the info should be available to everyone...

Diane

dianevill said:
My director told me we're in Wave I (Sztukowski downline) next year, which is July 9-11. So I would think the info should be available to everyone...

Diane
I haven't heard anything yet. :(

How do we find out what executive director we roll up to? I know who our Advanced Director is...

lisacb77 said:
How do we find out what executive director we roll up to? I know who our Advanced Director is...

Just ask your director:D

I have noticed that sometimes the exec directors get shifted arround. I am assuming because of promotions and to try to keep the waves "even" as in # of consultants.
Sometimes I am in the same wave as my hospitality group sometimes not.
I also am anxious to know... I was not able to go the past 2 years and mid july thru mid august are very busy here (birthdays and fairs). I am allready trying to plan it out!

I'm in wave 2 (July 12-15th). I found out from my director this week.

ARRGH! That means I'll find out in like a month...my director is not timely with the info. She totally forgot her August newsletter!

Anyone in Robin Shilling's wave?

I was in Wave 3 this year.....but I haven't heard what Wave we will be in next year!!!

Waves are posted in November's CN...

Conference One
July 9 – 11, 2007
Shiela Addis
Sandy Alexanian
Jana Arkell
Lisa Bedford
Joan Bischoff
Stephanie Blanks
Kathy Bove
Teresa Brown
Dot Doiron
Shan Eisler
Julie Gizzi
Deena Hiltbrand
Becky Ishee
Susan Kaufmann
Sandy Kristof
Cindy Langford
Yvonne Mattson
Donna McDonald
Patsy McGovern
Anne McMillan
Amy Neal
Terri Newberry
Dotti Shepherd
Pam Sztukowski
Julie VonGunten
Randy Weiss

Conference Two
July 12 – 14, 2007
Julie Bohn-Geiselhart
Scottie Brister
Leslie Caperton
Angela Cole
Diane Engle
Mary Grant
Theresa Jennings
Cindy Johnson
Chris Laurich
Jill Lerner
Chris Manion
Darla Oelmann
Beth Perera
Sara Philbin
Kelly Price
Sandy Pruessner
Karan Radcliffe
Carol Radu
Sally Schubert
Judy Siegel
Kerri Waters
Joanne Wilhelm
Shelly Wilson
Kathy Yellets
Home Office Direct

Conference Three
July 16 – 18, 2007
Robin Anderson
Melody Bachman
Sherri Carr
Susan Cronk
Shelley Darabos
Kelli Downey
Barbara Duke
Nancy Francis
Marie Freidag
Don Funt
Paula Gubine Brockner
Beth Jacobs
Marcella Kvick
Pauleen Livermore
Crystal Livingston
Joanne McLaughlin
Laurie Milbrodt
Patti Mocerino
Pam Nourbakhsh
Leslie O’Laughlin
Stacy Pressman
Nancy Jo Ryan
Robin Shilling
Amy Shalongo
Bambi Shoemaker
Nora Streiner
Lynn Wilks

I am in Wave 1 this next year!!!!!

I'm in Wave 1 again (same as last year) which works out perfectly because my brother is getting married July 14th - it's fun getting the news first!

Gina Miller

me, me, me!
AJPratt said:
Anyone in Robin Shilling's wave?

Hi, Anne! I'm in Robin's line. I'm a Fifth Generation Director under her (I think that's right...there are 4 directors, then Robin).

I don't think I'll be going this year though...Baby #4 is due in March, and I don't relish the thought of traveling with baby...am planning on Leadership '08 though.

Last edited:
Looks like I am in Wave 3 - I was so bummed I missed it this year. My work wouldn't let me off and my mom passed away in June so things were crazy. Job a new job that is part time so I am hopeful I will be able to go this year. Already on conference club and have som PC dollars collected.

nikked said:
Hi, Anne! I'm in Robin's line. I'm a Fifth Generation Director under her (I think that's right...there are 4 directors, then Robin).

I don't think I'll be going this year though...Baby #4 is due in March, and I don't relish the thought of traveling with baby...am planning on Leadership '08 though.
YEA! I hope you can go! I hope I can go for that matter! We have been trying to conceive and I just don't know how things will time out.

I am in wave one this year!!! I'm very excited I hope I get to go!! I am donating my kidney to my brother and we don't have a set date for the surgery so I hope it will be after conference!! Not that I will make him wait or anything!! PC is important but him getting a new kidney kinda trumpets it!!! however our surgery will be just down the road from conference so maybe if it is at the same time someone could sneak a catalog down for me!!! I missed last year because I had to go to the hospital for more testing it was very hard being so close and not being able to be there!!
Heather

Morvin said:
I am donating my kidney to my brother and we don't have a set date for the surgery so I hope it will be after conference!!

That's awesome you are donating your kidney to your brother! That's so generous. Yay you! :)

I am in WAVE 2!!!! Anyone else??

That's awesome you are donating your kidney to your brother! That's so generous. Yay you!

well I have one that I don't really need so he might as well get some use out of It sence neither of his are working all that great!!

heather

Morvin said:
That's awesome you are donating your kidney to your brother! That's so generous. Yay you!

well I have one that I don't really need so he might as well get some use out of It sence neither of his are working all that great!!

heather

supergirljennie said:
That's awesome you are donating your kidney to your brother! That's so generous. Yay you! :)

well I have an extra one that I don't really need so he might as well get some use out of it sence neither one of his works all that great!!

Wave 3 for me.

Wave 2 for me!!

Wave 1! Yippee!

Morvin said:
I am in wave one this year!!! I'm very excited I hope I get to go!! I am donating my kidney to my brother and we don't have a set date for the surgery so I hope it will be after conference!! Not that I will make him wait or anything!! PC is important but him getting a new kidney kinda trumpets it!!! however our surgery will be just down the road from conference so maybe if it is at the same time someone could sneak a catalog down for me!!! I missed last year because I had to go to the hospital for more testing it was very hard being so close and not being able to be there!!
Heather
Wow! That makes my possibly missing conference because I may be pregnant look silly! You are amazing for doing that!

AJPratt said:
Wow! That makes my possibly missing conference because I may be pregnant look silly! You are amazing for doing that!

Thank you but anyone would do what they could!! I just hope that if I have to miss then i could talk someone into sneaking me a catalog or something from conference I will truley only be about 5 blocks North of the conference hotels at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. i had to miss last years conference because i had to go to the hospital to have all kinds of tests done to see if I was a match and it was the sadest thing in the world for me to have to drive right by and see everyone walking around with their name tags and their bags and everyone getting on the buses and I knew just where everyone was going and what I was missing!! I was so close yet so far away!!!

Heather

Heather! So awesome of you to be donating your kidney! You'll both be in my thoughts, as I know what a stressful time it can be. My best friend was all set to donate her kidney to my mom over the summer. They were getting ready to buy her plane ticket to come up for it and they did one final round of testing that didn't turn out well :( It hit the family hard... Mom did get a kidney, in a bittersweet turn of events... we're happy she got the kidney, but sad for the family who lost a loved one....

Anyway... at some point I will be most likely donating a kidney to one of my sisters. 4 of my sisters have the same kidney disease that Mom does (PKD... Polycystic Kidney Disease www.pkdcure.org )..... they will all eventually be on dialysis, awaiting a kidney transplant.....

soccermama said:
Heather! So awesome of you to be donating your kidney! You'll both be in my thoughts, as I know what a stressful time it can be. My best friend was all set to donate her kidney to my mom over the summer. They were getting ready to buy her plane ticket to come up for it and they did one final round of testing that didn't turn out well :( It hit the family hard... Mom did get a kidney, in a bittersweet turn of events... we're happy she got the kidney, but sad for the family who lost a loved one....

Anyway... at some point I will be most likely donating a kidney to one of my sisters. 4 of my sisters have the same kidney disease that Mom does (PKD... Polycystic Kidney Disease www.pkdcure.org )..... they will all eventually be on dialysis, awaiting a kidney transplant.....

Celeste
PKD is they same disease that my brother has. I am happy your mother was able to get a kidney, it is sad to know that a family has lost a loved one ...however I'm sure they can take comfort in knowing that they were able to save a life!!! how is she doing now??? How are your sisters feeling? how old are they? It is actually my step brother to me there is no difference however we aren't actually blood related!! He is not on dialysis yet and they are not going to let him get to that they want to do the transplant right when he get to the level of dialysis. He is feeling just okay now he is very tired all the time. He feels like it will be in the next 6 to 8 months that is just his own feelings nothing of what the Dr. has said.
Thank you, my prayers are with you whole family!!!

Heather

Does anyone else in the family have PKD? You said it's step-brother, so anyone else in that family?

Mom is doing well now. She just had her transplant about a month ago, so is still in the healing process. My sisters have good days and bad days. My oldest sister is the co-coordinator for the Seattle chapter of the PKD foundation and her daughter (9 yrs old) has just been diagnosed with PKD, and is trying to get into a drug study. All but 1 sister participated in the Walk for PKD last month to raise money! And in the spring I am hoping they do another Educational Seminar (last year I did all the food for the event! It was lots of fun :) )

Hope your brother is well for a long time!

oh... you asked my sister's ages...... I'll just list us all ;)

V= 36 (pkd... daughter also has pkd)
C=34 (pkd)
F=32 (pkd... as well as a blood disorder)
ME=30
J=28 (pkd)
R=24

Of course, officially R & I have not been "cleared" as far as not having PKD, because it can show up as late as 30 years old. I eat as if I have PKD, mostly with lower sodium cooking, because I can't take salty foods (probably because I was raised on not-too-salty foods!) And as long as I'm not having any health problems, I don't need to find out for sure (I don't have insurance, so a pre-existing condition would suck!!!!!)

Celeste - you might want to look into the PC insurance. It's not too bad, and if you end up getting PKD (my prayers are you don't!), then you would be covered.

I am in Wave 1 next year. I am in Patsy McGoverns downline. My director told me last week, I was in Wave 2 this year.

I'm in Patsy's downline, too. Wave 1 it is!

Lynn & Kim - I'm in Patsy's downline too! Will you guys be on the conference call tonight?

-Sue

I've looked into the insurance PC offers... and my doctor isn't on the list :( And it's also more than I can afford at this point........

I wish they offered it in NJ.

Is anyoen on here other than me in Becky Ishee's downline?? I am in wave 1 next year.. I was in wave 3 this year!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Is anyoen on here other than me in Becky Ishee's downline?? I am in wave 1 next year.. I was in wave 3 this year!!
I am in Becky Ishee's downline (Terry Newberry)!

SusanBP0129 said:
Lynn & Kim - I'm in Patsy's downline too! Will you guys be on the conference call tonight?

-Sue

Sue,

I'm planning on it!
phone.gif

That's funny so am I!!!!!

BethCooks4U said:
I am in Becky Ishee's downline (Terry Newberry)!

mommyhugz1978 said:

I'm in Becky's downline! Lisa Pohl is my Senior Director. She's directly under Becky. She has one advanced director and will soon be promoting my director to Advanced!!!! Go Bobbie! Bobbie has one that has 4 recruits and several of us that have 1, 2, & 3 recruits and is actively working on our goal of promoting to Director soon. So, she'll walk at Leadership or National Conference!

My Senior Director is Sandy Christof, my Advanced Director is Kathy Hendricks......

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
schel
  • jj16
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
jj16
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud