• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Chicago Hotels: What's Nearby Navy Pier?

In summary, last year the speaker stayed at the Sheraton near the Navy Pier and liked it. This year, they are considering staying at the McCormick Place, but are unsure about its proximity to other attractions. Another speaker recommends staying away from McCormick Place for better access to things and suggests the Essex Inn, which is close to the Chicago Hilton and the Sheraton. The speaker also suggests the Inn of Chicago on 162 East Ohio Street, but asks for input from others about the area. Other speakers mention their experiences at different hotels, including the Hilton Towers and Palmer House Hilton, with the Palmer House being the favorite. The Hyatt near McCormick Place is not near other attractions.
Melissa78
Gold Member
Last year I went to NC during my first 30days so I just stayed where my Director had space. This year I can branch out on my own if I'd like. Wondering what input anyone had about their experiences at other hotels. I stayed at the Sheraton by Navy Pier. Liked it and would go back but I don't know what else is out there.

If you stay at McCormick Place how far away from things are you if you want to go out for dinner and such at night. Being close to Navy Pier was so convenient and just a short bus ride. Any input on any of the hotels and what they are near would be hepful.

McCormick is not near anything to my understanding except for the convention center. It's handy if you don't want to take the bus back and forth. But the bus is free and I didn't mind the ride.

Last yr. I was at the Hilton. I didn't like it as much as the Sheraton where I was the previous 2 yrs. For 1 none of us knew our way around the area near the Hilton. Plus I was promised a smoke free 2 bath 2 bed and got a 1 bath, 2 bed room that smelled like smoke.

I like the 2 bath idea, but since I didn't get it after being promised it last year, I'm going back to the Sheraton this year. Lots of places within walking distance.

Melissa-
I lived in Chicago for 8 years, and I can tell you that you have much more access to things when you are away from McCormick Place, unless you decide to take a cab anywhere. Last year I stayed at the Essex Inn. It is not a conference hotel, but we it is only steps away from the Chicago Hilton, which made it easy to just hop on the shuttle each day. The Sharaton is close to the pier and attractions which makes it really great. I will be staying at the Essex Inn again, the price is a little cheaper and we share the room just as we would any other room. The choice is really up to you.

See you there and Good Luck!

Great tips! Thanks!!!! Anyone else have insight?

ChefGwendolyn said:
Melissa-
I lived in Chicago for 8 years, and I can tell you that you have much more access to things when you are away from McCormick Place, unless you decide to take a cab anywhere. Last year I stayed at the Essex Inn. It is not a conference hotel, but we it is only steps away from the Chicago Hilton, which made it easy to just hop on the shuttle each day. The Sharaton is close to the pier and attractions which makes it really great. I will be staying at the Essex Inn again, the price is a little cheaper and we share the room just as we would any other room. The choice is really up to you.

See you there and Good Luck!

Hey Melissa I made a reservation for the Inn of Chicago on 162 East Ohio. It was suppose to be .3 miles from one of the other hotels. Rooms looked good and with the AAA discount it was like 95.20 per night. We are going on vacation and my SO is going with me so it was important to save as much as possible. What do you think of that area. The address is 162 East Ohio Street. Am I going to be happy with the area?

Bill Faber said:
Hey Melissa I made a reservation for the Inn of Chicago on 162 East Ohio. It was suppose to be .3 miles from one of the other hotels. Rooms looked good and with the AAA discount it was like 95.20 per night. We are going on vacation and my SO is going with me so it was important to save as much as possible. What do you think of that area. The address is 162 East Ohio Street. Am I going to be happy with the area?

Do you mean for this question to go to Chefgwendolyn? She is the one that has lived in Chicago. I'm really not of much help as I'm the one asking for insight. I went last year for the first time & only walked around the Sheridan. Never had time to venture farther. Sorry I cant help you more!

I was at the Sheraton my first couple of times. Never got to the Navy Pier and didn't find anything convenient nearby. Since then have been at the Hilton Towers and Palmer House Hilton (not an option this year). The Palmer House is my favorite. Don't know about the Hyatts except the obvious that the McCormick Place one is not near anything else. I like having a CVS or other convenience store nearby for sodas and other stuff and a selection of restaurants within easy walking distance. Shopping is not important to me.

Google Maps is really good. Poke around and look to see what's near each hotel and what's important to you. With us having the evenings free this year, it may be more important than in the past to have nearby evening attractions.

You're going to get fans of each hotel for different reasons.

For those who stay near the river...there is a River Taxi that runs to the Navy Pier. I don't remember how LATE they operate, but it's a great (relaxing) way to get to the Pier from points near the River. It's pretty cheap too! (just $2 one way I think? unless it's gone up. Safer than the crazy cabbies too!) We stayed at the Sheraton last year, and you just walk up and over Michigan Ave (?) and the pick-up was along the river. My DH and boys would catch it to go the Pier, and going the other direction to get to the Sears Tower (know called the Willis Tower). I like this website to get various info : Travel to Chicago

Becca_in_MD said:
I was at the Sheraton my first couple of times. Never got to the Navy Pier and didn't find anything convenient nearby. Since then have been at the Hilton Towers and Palmer House Hilton (not an option this year). The Palmer House is my favorite. Don't know about the Hyatts except the obvious that the McCormick Place one is not near anything else. I like having a CVS or other convenience store nearby for sodas and other stuff and a selection of restaurants within easy walking distance. Shopping is not important to me.

You're going to get fans of each hotel for different reasons.

We did get to Navy pier last year on Friday night - it was awesome since Conference was over. HUGE Fireworks display over the water - simply stunning. There was a CVS/Walgreens across the street from the Sheraton b/c I went in there for gum. Just don't remember which one. We went to a restaurant on the river - that was fun. Its sounding like the other places don't have anymore than the Sheraton. I wanted to get to the Sears tower last year to go out on the glass balcony but never made it - maybe this year. I wanna fly in on Sunday and actually see some of the city. Yay!

THanks for input everyone. Feel free if anyone else has any insights. I just like hearing what people have to say. I know we all have opinions and what some like others don't but thats ok!

1. What are the top hotels near Navy Pier in Chicago?

Some of the top hotels near Navy Pier in Chicago include The Gwen, The Langham, and The Ritz-Carlton. These hotels offer luxurious accommodations and are located within walking distance of Navy Pier.

2. Are there any budget-friendly hotels near Navy Pier?

Yes, there are several budget-friendly hotels near Navy Pier, such as the Fairfield Inn & Suites, SpringHill Suites, and Hampton Inn. These hotels offer comfortable accommodations at a more affordable price.

3. What attractions are near Navy Pier?

There are many popular attractions near Navy Pier, including the Chicago Children's Museum, Centennial Wheel, and the Chicago Shakespeare Theater. Visitors can also enjoy the beautiful lakefront views and take a boat tour from Navy Pier.

4. What dining options are available near Navy Pier?

There are numerous dining options near Navy Pier, ranging from casual to fine dining. Some popular choices include Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., Harry Caray's Tavern, and Giordano's Pizza. Visitors can also enjoy a variety of cuisines, including Italian, seafood, and American.

5. Is Navy Pier within walking distance of downtown Chicago hotels?

Yes, Navy Pier is within walking distance of many downtown Chicago hotels. It is located approximately 1 mile from the Magnificent Mile, which is home to many popular hotels. Visitors can also take public transportation or a short taxi ride to reach Navy Pier from their hotel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gagescorpages
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Gagescorpages
Replies
Views
ChefShalon
  • sandilou
  • General Chat
Replies