• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Hotel Deals: Find the Best Deals for Your Next Conference Stay

In summary, if you are going to a conference, you do not have to stay in a conference hotel. You can stay at a different hotel if you want to, but it is easier to stay at a conference hotel.
Becky0216
I was wondering for those who go to conference.. Must you stay in a conference hotel? I am trying to decide if I am going or not and find the best deals. Before I book anything, I want to be sure I have all the facts. I would hate to book a hotel to find out everything was all wrong.
TIA

Sorry. Once again I posted this in the wrong forum....

Last edited:
don't have to stay in a conference hotel, just makes it easier to pick up shuttles and stuff

You don't have to. Last year we stayed at a different hotel because a gal in our group got her work discount. We walked 6 blocks every day to get to the shuttle. It wasn't too bad. Just see where the nearest conference hotel is if you plan on doing that so your walk isn't too bad.

so, it is possible, as long as i do a bit of research to get in the right hotel. Sounds good to me.

Which wave are you in? You can probably find someone who has room right here.

I am in wave 2.

Do you have anyone that you're staying with? Me personally, if I had to walk several blocks to get to the shuttles, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it alone in Chicago. Comfort in groups for me!
I just think it's easier to stay at a conference hotel...ends up costing about $175 for 3 nights when you split it 4 ways. Not bad really.

At the times you'll be walking to and fro, the streets will be filled with other commuters walking to the trains or buses, or walking across town to their parking garage. Downtown has so many residences nowadays, they might even be walking home.

I live just a few miles from the conference center so I'll be commuting from home. I only wish I had a guest room big enough to accommodate everyone!

myinnerchef said:
At the times you'll be walking to and fro, the streets will be filled with other commuters walking to the trains or buses, or walking across town to their parking garage. Downtown has so many residences nowadays, they might even be walking home.

I live just a few miles from the conference center so I'll be commuting from home. I only wish I had a guest room big enough to accommodate everyone!

Except when we have our Executive Banquet. The wave 2 is entirely during the work week so it shouldn't be a problem. Chicago is a really safe city. Do what you feel is comfortable though. For some people, going to conference will be the first or only time they are ever in a large city. So, of course you will feel a little on edge. Especially if you watch any movies or the CSI, Law & Order type shows.

The buddy system is just plain smart for a woman (anybody for that matter). However, if you can't do that then I would recommend staying in a conference hotel. You cannot get away from the crazy PC ladies in those hotels!:chef:

walking is not a big deal if you plan accordingly so you have plenty of time. I wouldn't walk at night unless there was a group...too many nuts out there. There is usually a lot of people walking during early evening and morning, but I don't know about late night after the executive banquet...that might be a night to take a cab. Several years ago we stayed at a different hotel and it was a nightmare. We ended up having to take a cab twice a day and the cab fare eat up all the savings from staying at a different hotel. My suggestion is to always stay at the conference hotels because it is just easier and the executive banquets are there.

Shawnna said:
My suggestion is to always stay at the conference hotels because it is just easier and the executive banquets are there.
I'm with Shawnna. Budget for the expense. It is a tax deduction after all. Especially if you're a first timer, staying at a conference hotel will save you TONS of headaches.This will be my 4th conference and I am staying at the Hilton and always will (as long as my banquet is always there). It's just easier!

I always look at conference as not only an investment in my business, but also my vacation away from my friends and family. A time to just be alone to reflect on my life. So, if its my choice I choose comfort and what is easiest over saving a little money...my entire life is stressful, so I don't need anymore drama...lol

I am with the "stay at a conf hotel" crowd. My first year my family went with me since I had a 1 year old and I have family in Chicago. We thought we were staying close enough that they could just drop me off easily each day. What a mess! If you have someone that can assure you that the hotel you are choosing is very close that would be different, but I think you are better off staying at the selected hotels.

Shawnna said:
walking We ended up having to take a cab twice a day and the cab fare eat up all the savings from staying at a different hotel.

And if it's raining, you'll NEVER get a cab!

1. What is included in a conference hotel deal?

Conference hotel deals typically include a discounted room rate for conference attendees, access to meeting and event spaces, and sometimes special amenities such as complimentary breakfast or Wi-Fi.

2. How can I find the best conference hotel deals?

The best way to find conference hotel deals is by researching and comparing different hotels in the area where the conference is taking place. You can also reach out to the conference organizers or check their website for any recommended hotels with special rates for attendees.

3. Can I negotiate conference hotel deals?

It is possible to negotiate conference hotel deals, especially if you are booking a large number of rooms for your group. You can try negotiating for a lower room rate or additional perks such as meeting room discounts or complimentary upgrades.

4. Are conference hotel deals only available for certain dates?

Conference hotel deals are typically only available for the dates of the conference or a few days before and after. However, it is always worth asking the hotel if they can extend the deal for your stay if you are planning to arrive earlier or stay longer.

5. Can I cancel my reservation if I book a conference hotel deal?

This depends on the hotel's cancellation policy. Some conference hotel deals may have stricter cancellation policies, so it is important to read the terms and conditions carefully before making a reservation. It is also recommended to purchase travel insurance in case of any unexpected changes or cancellations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amy In Ohio
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Amy In Ohio
  • wadesgirl
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefallison53
  • pkd09