• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New to Conference: Excitement and Consideration for First-Timers

In summary, some people are unhappy because there are changes made to the conference this year, while others are excited for the new opportunities that the 30th Anniversary celebration offers.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
I just want to say that first of all I LOVE THIS WEBSITE...... I feel I have to add that before I say this. While at times just at times, I know that those of you who have gone to conference before it is easy for you to comment on things you dont like that they are not doing this year( boxes not even sure what those are) but for those of us that are new. We are really excited about being able to go to conference and by anything and everything. I am sure that we will be completly flabbergasted...... I just want to say that maybe...... It would be good to think before you complain about what is going to happen. I have at times wondered if maybe its not a good thing to go because I keep hearing comments here that they are not doing this and not going to do this and well its not like it was last year.

But I am still going to go, and I am looking forward to it. But do want you to know that what you say does impact us newer people. So it does make us wonder about going. I am sorry I will get off my soap box. Just my opinion and I am sorry if I offended anyone. It is not meant to. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes a little bit of something goes further then a lot of Positivity....... Thanks for letting me ramble. :blushing:

Don't worry Bill. I'm sure those same "Debbie Downers" ;) will be completely thrilled with what this year's conference has in store for us all! Glad you get to go! You'll love it. (Besides, the "extras" you hear others talk about, it's usually just that...the EXTRAS, and not many of them really. FYI- The Surprise Boxes are just an area that you could purchase boxes of retired PC Items for discounted prices. Fun, but not a big deal (just means less money I'll be wasting this year! WAHOO! *hehe*).) From what I've seen on the agenda, it sounds like new things have been added anyway, plus the enormity of the whole event with EVERYONE in one venue! That will be something to behold!Can't wait. :D

Good post, Bill!

Some of us "old timers" feel the same as you. I'm super excited about this year! We'll all be together...there will be no "waves"...there will be so many great NEW things happening because of the 30th Anniversary celebration...I can't imagine being negative about things that will be different - there is so much fun that will be happening all round us!

Bill, I'm glad you're excited. This will be my 5th National Conference, and I'm really excited!It's the natural tendency of people to complain a bit. Change might not look like a 4-letter word, but it's usually treated as one. Think of those comments this way. You've moved a long way from your hometown. You go back occasionally to visit family and friends. One day you go back for a visit and discover that your high school burger joint hangout is gone. You'll probably whine just a little about the loss of that favorite memory-making spot. It's not that you won't enjoy your visit. It's not that you won't look forward to every return visit in the future. You're just disappointed that one of the things you looked forward to isn't going to be a part of your next visit. That's all those comments are--expressions of mild disappointment.

I am toatlly new and my Director is THRILLED that I am able to go to National conference! I am looking forward to all the positive energy, meeting new people, and elarning new things! My Director has eben around for a long time, so we have team members all over the world... I am SO looking forward to meeting them too! WAHOO!!! For a newbie, this may seem like a decent chunk of change to shovel out (almost fell out of my chair when I saw the price of plane tickets) but I think it will be TOTALLY worth it!!!!

I am new and must admit that Bill hit it on the nose. I too wavered a bit when I read the unhappiness of others, but then I thought to myself-it is their 30 yr Anniversary! I want to be there and I want to grow MY business and I have heard more of how much fun it is so the positives took over.....that is what I wanted to hear about, so that is what I listen to. Can't wait to meet you there!

Yes Bill, Thank you for this thread. I am new too, but am really hoping that I will be able to earn enough money to go this year. I am really excited and am looking forward to it all, but all of the negativity makes me wonder if it will be worth it. I know that it will though and am excited none the less.

1. What should I expect at my first conference?

At your first Pampered Chef conference, you can expect to meet fellow consultants, attend informative workshops and training sessions, and get a sneak peek at new product launches. You'll also have the opportunity to hear from top leaders in the company and gain valuable insights and tips for growing your business.

2. How do I register for my first conference?

To register for your first conference, log in to your Pampered Chef consultant account and navigate to the "Events" section. From there, you can select the conference you wish to attend and follow the prompts to register and pay any required fees. Alternatively, you can contact your upline leader for assistance with registration.

3. What should I bring to my first conference?

It is recommended to bring a notebook and pen for taking notes, business cards to network with other consultants, and comfortable shoes for walking and standing throughout the day. You may also want to bring a small bag or tote to carry any handouts or materials you receive during the conference.

4. Can I bring a guest to my first conference?

Unfortunately, due to limited space and resources, guests are not allowed at Pampered Chef conferences. These events are designed specifically for consultants to enhance their knowledge and skills in the business.

5. What is the dress code for my first conference?

The dress code for Pampered Chef conferences is business casual. You should aim to look polished and professional, but it is not necessary to wear formal business attire. It is also recommended to dress in layers as conference rooms can be cool, and you may want to be comfortable during breaks and networking sessions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • NooraK
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • jj16