• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Complicated Order Situation- Help!!

F
friday
Ok, last Wednesday a friend phoned me and ordered a cranberry rectangle baker. I told her I would put it in on my show that I am gathering for my cranberry table cloth- and planned to submit tomorrow afternoon before I leave for leadership. She gave me her credit card number etc. All set. On Friday, her heart stopped suddenly. She is in a coma and may or may not survive. Do I submit the order and if she passes, return it? Or do I cancel the order until I know what will happen? Or do I put it on my credit card and deal with the payment later? (she, and her family would understand if I did that and would be good for the money) I dont want to bother the family right now- she is far too young for this to have happened to her, and her adult children are totally in shock. This order does make a difference on if this show qualifies or not, but I am still gathering orders. I just dont know what the right thing to do is here.
Please give your opinons. I am in shock too. Her and her whole family are friends of me and my family. We are all actually pretty close. Help.

If it were my customer I would submit the order but I would pay for it (IF unfortunately something happens her family is going to have enough stuff to deal with & the less on her cc/ returns the better.)
When she pulls thru I would make her a casserole in in and take it for her to bake when she is better and a card telling her to enjoy it.

That's a fantastic idea, Teresa!

Teresa Lynn said:
If it were my customer I would submit the order but I would pay for it (IF unfortunately something happens her family is going to have enough stuff to deal with & the less on her cc/ returns the better.)
When she pulls thru I would make her a casserole in in and take it for her to bake when she is better and a card telling her to enjoy it.

This idea really resonates with my heart. I love this woman. She has been a wonderful friend to me for over 20 years.
And if she doesnt make it, I think I will do the same thing and gift it to one of her daughters (one of them was a close friend of mine all through high school, and another was on my PC team for a year). Sigh... I wish I could wish this whole thing away.

Goodness, keep us updated on her condition. I will say a prayer for her.

I think the idea of ordering it and giving it as a gift is so touching. This made me shed a tear. WOW we really need to look at life as a valuable gift. What a touching story. I will be keeping this family in my prayers.

Ditto to all of the above. Alison - I will keep her in my prayers....

I agree to give it as a gift. Either to her when she comes home or to her family should the unfortunate happen. My prayers are with you, her, and her family.

I agree wit hTeresa's idea.
I am so sorry your friend (and you) is going though this...my prayers are with you and her. Please keep us posted.

How horrible!! I agree with the others and just gift it. I will keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated.

Teresa Lynn said:

What a beautiful idea!

I agree with it also - 1,000%!

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts

What a great idea. I agree with all as well!

Prayers and hugs to you and her family. Keep us posted.

I can't say anymore than what everyone else has said. Such a tragedy and hope that this story has a happy ending. Keep us posted.

Ditto here too...order it for her.

My friend went to be with Jesus tonight.

((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) That is a horrible thing to have to go through. Did they figure out why it happened to her?

Alison,

I am so sorry for your loss (and her family's). You will all be in my prayers tonight.

Oh Alison I'm sooo sorry! I just logged on here now. Hugs and condolences for you and her family.

How very sad! I'm truly sorry for you and your friend's family.

Paula

My prayers are with you and her family. I loss of loved one is tough. The thought that she was a Christian is the only comfort.

Allison,
I am sorry about your friend.
think of all the lives she touched in positive ways.

I am so sorry dear. I will pray for you and for your friend's family.

Alison, I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your dear friend. May you be comforted by God's love and the memories you made together. Prayers, Love and lots of hugs!

Oh Alison - I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. How sad for her family and friends. May you all seek comfort with each other at this most difficult time. Praying for her family and yours.

friday said:
My friend went to be with Jesus tonight.

I know it is horirble to loose a friend but you can be thankful to know she is with Jesus. You are in my prayers.:angel:

Related to Complicated Order Situation- Help!!

1. Should I submit the order or wait until I know the outcome of my friend's health?

It is understandable to be unsure about what to do in this situation. Ultimately, the decision is up to you and what you feel is the right thing to do. It may be best to hold off on submitting the order until you have more information about your friend's health. This way, you can make a more informed decision and avoid any potential complications.

2. What should I do if my friend passes away before I submit the order?

If your friend does pass away before you submit the order, it would be appropriate to cancel the order and return any payments that were made. It may also be a kind gesture to reach out to the family and offer your condolences.

3. Is it okay to put the order on my credit card and deal with the payment later?

This is a personal decision and depends on your financial situation. If you are comfortable with putting the order on your credit card and trust that the family will reimburse you, then it may be a viable option. However, make sure to communicate with the family and come to an agreement on how and when the payment will be made.

4. Should I bother the family during this difficult time?

It may be best to hold off on contacting the family during this difficult time. They are likely dealing with a lot and may not be able to focus on the order at the moment. However, if you do decide to put the order on your credit card, it would be considerate to inform the family and discuss payment arrangements when they are ready.

5. Will this order affect my show's qualification?

Again, this is a personal decision and ultimately depends on your priorities. If the order is crucial for your show's qualification, then it may be worth reaching out to the family and discussing the situation with them. However, if it is not a major factor, it may be best to wait until the family is ready to discuss the order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • andrealynne719