• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing Other Ds Companies!?

In summary, Tupperware and Avon offer a lot of free products to their consultants, while Home Interiors does not. Creative Memories offers freebies throughout the year, but Pampered Chef is more appealing to the recruit for its prizes. Only 1 girl out of 10 promoted to director in the whole country in 2006, despite her team not meeting sales and recruiting requirements.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok with how much TPC gives us for FREE when we earn them, I was just wondering what other companies are like with special offers such as this new recruiting deal, new recruits first 90 day programs, and through out the year incentives? I know other's have Cars and Trips but honestly, do other's offer this much FREE stuff to their consultants year round!? :confused: TPC ROCKS!:love: :D :) :cool: :thumbup: ;) :p

not sure, but I know that I'm LOVING all these incentives. I've never been one to be motivated by $$, but offer my a "prize" and I'm all over it.

I never earned this much as a new consultant in MK (way back when). Or TW. My first 90 days aren't quite up and I've earned $650 in FREE PC$ - on TOP of my commission. And that doesn't include what I earned in SAT products. Or the great friends I've met. Or the FUN I've had, what with National Conference and all.

So MARY k and what is TW? Offers FREE products in your intro period too? What about all year round?

heat123 said:
So MARY k and what is TW? Offers FREE products in your intro period too? What about all year round?

Tupperware. And NO, they don't! That's the point :eek: Sorry I wasn't real clear in my original post!

home interiors gives u squat!!!!!!!!!!!!:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
oh and u can become a director if you have 8 on ur team and do a total of $104,000 wholesale :eek: ( of which only $4000 can be urs) over first 6 mths of program thenu have to do another 9 moths of recruiting etc all of which have have high $$ amounts then u get a mustang:love:
only 1 girl up here in 2006 promoted to director in the WHOLE country, and because her team didnt do sales and recruiting requirmts in the next 3 mnth part she lost the mustang:cry: :cry: :cry:
sorry about spelling its :indif: time

oh
and i love what pc gives us never worked with a ds company that gives so much in free product :)

I have been with the following
MK, Tupperware, Avon, BeautiControl, and Creative Memories

All offered freebies about initial sign up.

Creative Memories offered freebies throughout the year although I am still not sure it cold compare to what PC offers

Beauticontrol offers lots of recruiting promotions about 6 a year I am still with this company for personal use and this month they are offering many levels of prizes for recruiting efforts but PC's prizes appeal to me more:D

I Don't recall getting anything from AVON for FREE in my short 6 months stint. They did offer 4o% off demo pieces to display or have as sample for customers. And I can't remember what their trip incentives were like? It just reaffirms to me how much I love TPC!

I did Partylite for 2 years before I had my first PC show. The night of my PC show I signed up and gave up Partylite. I enjoyed the 50% off all products with Partylite but it just got to expensive and they didnt have any incentives at all just the vacations. I love Pampered Chef!!!!!

heather9892 said:
home interiors gives u squat!!!!!!!!!!!!:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
oh and u can become a director if you have 8 on ur team and do a total of $104,000 wholesale :eek: ( of which only $4000 can be urs) over first 6 mths of program thenu have to do another 9 moths of recruiting etc all of which have have high $$ amounts then u get a mustang:love:
only 1 girl up here in 2006 promoted to director in the WHOLE country, and because her team didnt do sales and recruiting requirmts in the next 3 mnth part she lost the mustang:cry: :cry: :cry:
sorry about spelling its :indif: time

A potential recruit was boasting about Home Interiors giving more comission. How high do they go? If you have experience with them what would you say the drawbacks are? I want to have some ammo the next time I talk to her! :D Thanks.

mheat923 said:
I have been with the following
MK, Tupperware, Avon, BeautiControl, and Creative Memories

All offered freebies about initial sign up.

Creative Memories offered freebies throughout the year although I am still not sure it cold compare to what PC offers

Beauticontrol offers lots of recruiting promotions about 6 a year I am still with this company for personal use and this month they are offering many levels of prizes for recruiting efforts but PC's prizes appeal to me more:D

I have a friend who is a consultant for Creative Memories, but isn't sure she could actually do it as a FT job. She is an ultimate scrapbooking JUNKIE and is really passionate about it. But, it isn't bringing in enough $ for the budget. I think she would be great at PC and need to know some of the advantages PC has over CM.

Anyone ever do Stampin' Up? Has a guest at a Wedding Shower today (I have known her for years, but we aren't friends... just casual acquaintances) who needs more $. She said that if she did any DS, it would be Stampin' Up - she is REALLY into doing stamping/cards/scrapbooks/etc. and doesn't have a passion (at least now) for PC. I'm not going to try to change her mind, but I'm just curious if anyone knows of any specific advantage PC has over Stampin' Up.

A potential recruit was boasting about Home Interiors giving more comission. How high do they go? If you have experience with them what would you say the drawbacks are? I want to have some ammo the next time I talk to her! Thanks.

their commission is 45% BUT you have to pay your hostess credits out of that
their catalogue changes every 3 months and they are expensive, they also have monthly mini catalgues that come out, and a christmas one
not only is it difficult to promote but staying there as well
refunds are your responsibilty and you pay for them
in my opininon the product is very expensive and not good quality too sit around and collect dust :)
it is a very hard sell
hostess' dont receive nearly as much unless you give them extra from your pay
shipping is high, even for your supplies
hostess' only get free shipping on their free when party is $400+
hostess pay tax
they carry 1400 items and it is very overwhelming for guests trying to decide what they want to buy, more often than not i had parties that didnt qualify $240, unless i offered some great deal, and people go home with catalogue to look and SAY they would place order in next cpl of days

the only thing that attracted me to HI was the commission and at the time there was no sign up fee and you built your kit as you had the money. i did HI for 1 year and only had 2 parties over $400 when party avg was supposed to be $800, i just didnt believe in the product :(

Thanks for sharing ladies, I love to hear other DS comparisons to then reaffirm why I love TPC soo much! ;)

heather9892 said:
their catalogue changes every 3 months and they are expensive, they also have monthly mini catalgues that come out, and a christmas one
in my opininon the product is very expensive and not good quality too sit around and collect dust :)
it is a very hard sell
hostess pay tax
they carry 1400 items and it is very overwhelming for guests trying to decide what they want to buy, more often than not i had parties that didnt qualify $240, unless i offered some great deal, and people go home with catalogue to look and SAY they would place order in next cpl of days

the only thing that attracted me to HI was the commission and at the time there was no sign up fee and you built your kit as you had the money. i did HI for 1 year and only had 2 parties over $400 when party avg was supposed to be $800, i just didnt believe in the product :(

I don't know if this is still true, but I had a friend who used to do HI - and she had to do all the deliveries - everything was shipped to her.

I don't know if this is still true, but I had a friend who used to do HI - and she had to do all the deliveries - everything was shipped to her.

everything above still holds true for HI
the other 2 things which just changed in Jan 07 was the shipping to consultant, yes everything used to be delivered to me and i would have to sort and deliver it
the other thing was the min order, it use to be a $250 wholesale min before they would ship. so if your party just qualified at $240 retail u had to top it up to get to the $250 :( one of the reasons i never made any money had to spend my commission so a party could be shipped :(

heather9892 said:
everything above still holds true for HI
the other 2 things which just changed in Jan 07 was the shipping to consultant, yes everything used to be delivered to me and i would have to sort and deliver it
the other thing was the min order, it use to be a $250 wholesale min before they would ship. so if your party just qualified at $240 retail u had to top it up to get to the $250 :( one of the reasons i never made any money had to spend my commission so a party could be shipped :(

Oh - I didn't mean what you said not being true anymore Heather! I should have worded that better! I meant that I didn't know if it was still true about having to deliver everything yourself........I just remember her with these truckloads of heavy stuff all the time!

Oh - I didn't mean what you said not being true anymore Heather! I should have worded that better! I meant that I didn't know if it was still true about having to deliver everything yourself........I just remember her with these truckloads of heavy stuff all the time!
becky
sorry i shud have worded that better as well
i know they keep trying to change things so that they entice people to sign up with them
what i meant was everything was still current
my friend across the street just reactivated her account so she could sign her daughter
the other thing i didnt like about HI was that they over inflated the cdn pricing something pc does not do :)

I just remember her with these truckloads of heavy stuff all the time!
that too and a garage full of boxes and bubble wrap!!!!!!!!
use to drive hubby clear around the bend lol

taguinn1018 said:
I did Partylite for 2 years before I had my first PC show. The night of my PC show I signed up and gave up Partylite. I enjoyed the 50% off all products with Partylite but it just got to expensive and they didnt have any incentives at all just the vacations. I love Pampered Chef!!!!!
Well that's really good to hear, I just signed a recruit who also sells PL, hopefully she see's how much more TPC gives and she'll quit the other to focus soley on PC!:rolleyes: ;) :D

Thank You!!
heather9892 said:
it is a very hard sell
hostess pay tax

This is great!! I will make very good use of this information!!

CM vs. PC
katie0128 said:
I have a friend who is a consultant for Creative Memories, but isn't sure she could actually do it as a FT job. She is an ultimate scrapbooking JUNKIE and is really passionate about it. But, it isn't bringing in enough $ for the budget. I think she would be great at PC and need to know some of the advantages PC has over CM.

I sold CM for over 5 years and never made any money!! I love scrapbooking so a lot of my comission went right back into the products, I still have stuff collecting dust!! You pay for a percentage of your host gifts although they make it seem like you're getting them for free. You have to place supply orders so you ALWAYS have inventory sitting around, some of which may never sell as new things come our EVERY MONTH. They give you (or used to, not sure now) free shipping on orders of $800 or more (retail), sometimes when I didn't have that much in sales I would add to the order just to get the free shipping and end up getting stuck with the product all the while thinking "I will sell these later."

Now with PC I sold $18K in my first 4 months, made over $4k in comission, got my 2% raise and earned 9 bonus plus selections!! BIG DIFFERECE I would say.

Addie4TLC said:
I sold CM for over 5 years and never made any money!! I love scrapbooking so a lot of my comission went right back into the products, I still have stuff collecting dust!! You pay for a percentage of your host gifts although they make it seem like you're getting them for free. You have to place supply orders so you ALWAYS have inventory sitting around, some of which may never sell as new things come our EVERY MONTH. They give you (or used to, not sure now) free shipping on orders of $800 or more (retail), sometimes when I didn't have that much in sales I would add to the order just to get the free shipping and end up getting stuck with the product all the while thinking "I will sell these later."

Now with PC I sold $18K in my first 4 months, made over $4k in comission, got my 2% raise and earned 9 bonus plus selections!! BIG DIFFERECE I would say.
My good friend who sells CM said that they changed the shipping charges to consultants recently and she no longer gets free shipping so I believe that HAS changed.

Anyone have any experience with Premier Designs Jewelry? I have an acquaintance that sells it (for just three years, now) and I know that she makes BIG bucks just by the little bit I've seen (was able to quit her full time teaching job to stay home with her three kids). She easily has $1,000 shows left and right and she makes 50% immediately right off the top. In other words, the guests write checks to her and the company only asks their consultants to send in 50%. I know last November just from he recruit sales she made $700, so even if she didn't make a single sale that month, she would have had that recruit income. I believe she has 4 recruits, now, and she flies to all of the conferences.

I do like that their jewelry is lifetime warrantied (the customer just pays shipping to send the broken piece in). But I just don't know how she affords to take her hosts and possible recruits out for expensive dinners and even pays their gas to/from the restaurant to discuss the business so that they truly have nothing to lose. She said it's a Christian company and they're all about service, service, service. They lavish it on anyone they can. HOW DOES SHE AFFORD TO DO ALL THIS?!

I'm just curious what the downside is to their company and I'd like to know it before we begin talking about our businesses again the next time I see her. I don't want to ask her too many questions for fear that she'll think I'm actually interested in becoming a recruit. I'm SO not a jewelry person.

I have a friend who sells liasophia jewlery. I met her after she had started and she told me that she was trying to decide if she would do PC or LS when she was looking for something. She chose LS because the LS rep told her that PC was saturated her area. LIE! Anyway. She fell for it. Plus, the rep told her all of this stuff about PC that wasn't true and instead of finding out for herself, she signed with LS.

She promoted to "manager" and lost it two months later. One day at lunch, she was complaining about her baby being due the next month and how she would manage her show schedule along with a new baby and a 14-month-old. I knew this was my chance to swoop in so I did! I casually said, "Well, just take your leave of absence for your maternity leave." She said they didn't have that. I gasped in fake shock because I knew they didn't and said, "Wow... we get 3 months and then you have 2 months after that to turn in a show to reactivate." hee hee hee! I'm mean but what can I say! I knew that it could never compare to what PC gives us!

Then she asked about our minimums... I told her. She was the one who gasped this time! Her minimum is $1500 EACH MONTH. And it doesn't matter if it's show sales or individual orders... they just need to buy $1500 each month from the company. She gets paid the night of the show (same as Premier). So each month she ends up buying stuff on her own to meet her minimum. Also, at the manager level, each team member must submit $1500 in orders. (They don't call them sales... it's orders. Whatever).

Then she asked me what gifts we get from attending the conference and I told her we get business building items like the notebooks, pens, I got my PC umbrella last year, and some other things. She said that they get product and was talking like it was so much better to get it at the conference than what we get. I told her that I like what we get bacause we have the opportunity to earn products free twice a year and other times throughout the year.... They have to buy their business-building items. Oh, and I asked her how many sessions of conferences they had. She didn't understand the question because they only have one. I told her we have 3 because so many consultants want to attend that they can't accomodate us all at one time.

The trips are unachievable for her. I told her that I've earned at least the Vacation Certificate each year and what I've done with it. I can't really remember what else we talked about, but she was dumbfounded when we left. Oh, we did talk about how to build a team and get leads. They need 3 to promote to manager.

She still hasn't repromoted yet, but she did say something that I thought was weird. When she lost her manager status, she lost one consultant to her upline manager. Her upline manager told her when she repromoted, signed 3 more new "advisors", she could have her consultant back. I was like, "How does THAT work?" But we didn't get into it. I'll have to find out. Oh, and there is no repromotion period. If you have ONE month where you and your team don't mee the requirements, you lose your manager status.

One last thing... she STRUGGLES for parties. She's been driving to Ohio each weekend for the last six weeks to do shows for family down there (we're in MI) because she can't get anyone here to host for her.

One good thing is that their host program is very generous! I got about $600 in jewelry when I had my show for her. But no one rebooks. I have enough and definitely don't need more! She felt that PC wasn't generous enough with their host program and that was one of her deciding factors (Her recruiter reinforced how PC's host program wasn't as generous). Ironically, she hosts with me every six months now to get the new items. Go figure!

LibrarianChef said:
Anyone have any experience with Premier Designs Jewelry? I have an acquaintance that sells it (for just three years, now) and I know that she makes BIG bucks just by the little bit I've seen (was able to quit her full time teaching job to stay home with her three kids). She easily has $1,000 shows left and right and she makes 50% immediately right off the top. In other words, the guests write checks to her and the company only asks their consultants to send in 50%. I know last November just from he recruit sales she made $700, so even if she didn't make a single sale that month, she would have had that recruit income. I believe she has 4 recruits, now, and she flies to all of the conferences.

I do like that their jewelry is lifetime warrantied (the customer just pays shipping to send the broken piece in). But I just don't know how she affords to take her hosts and possible recruits out for expensive dinners and even pays their gas to/from the restaurant to discuss the business so that they truly have nothing to lose. She said it's a Christian company and they're all about service, service, service. They lavish it on anyone they can. HOW DOES SHE AFFORD TO DO ALL THIS?!

I'm just curious what the downside is to their company and I'd like to know it before we begin talking about our businesses again the next time I see her. I don't want to ask her too many questions for fear that she'll think I'm actually interested in becoming a recruit. I'm SO not a jewelry person.
I have a consultant on my team that sells for them (did so before doing PC). She loves it but decided to do PC after having a $1000 PC show. At first she said she did not want to promote in PC so she could do both but now she is talking recruiting. I have not questioned her about her other business other than knowing that she likes it. Sorry I'm not much help but I am guessing, at least for her, it's not THAT profitable (...well she could be doing both because she loves BOTH so I shouldn't judge!).

I have a Host (she has done several shows with me) who also hosts LiaSophia parties.......I've been invited to them - went to one, and have ordered from a couple more. She has a LiaSophia party every 6 months....and I always wonder why in the world she needs more jewelry??? I know she gets a TON every time she hosts - basically because not only does she take the free stuff - but she also takes anything that anyone else doesn't use - like I ordered 2 necklaces, but didn't want the unlimited 50% off earrings that I could get for my 2 necklace order (Or something like that) so she used it instead......I guess I am just not that much of a jewelry person.....plus, I know this is silly, but all of the jewelry I have purchased I see on other people all the time - so it makes mine seem not so special anymore - when I wear a necklace to a show, and 2 other people are wearing the same thing......

The show I went to, my intention was to book a show - just to help her out because she has been such a good PC Host for me - but the LS consultant was so ANNOYING that I just couldn't. It was a study in what not to do for me - but she seems to get bookings and do okay, so I guess it didn't annoy other people so much. Oh - and then she came to a PC show at the same host's home - came in half way through my demo, and then proceeded to be extremely disruptive and rude throughout the rest of the show......and ordered a $10 item.

Anyway - that is my experience with LiaSophia.....I know that their host program is really good, but I just am not that excited about endless jewelry.

Becky that is so funny! When I went to my friend's kick-off show for LS, her recruiter did the show and did a recruiting "game." Everyone had to ask a question about the business. I didn't have one so I stayed quiet. Her recruiter was good because there were about 12 people there and she kept track of who asked the questions. When it got quiet and I thought she was moving on, she said, "We still have ONE guest left who NEEDS to ask a question about our opportunity!!!" (Really sing-songy and high-pitched!) And then she came and stood right in front of me, looking down on me. So I asked about the trips. What a horrible woman!!!! I was just wasting her time asking because I had no intention of signing. She gave me mean looks the rest of the night too!

And yes, I too have ALL the jewelry that everyone else has. Not so special any more and I hate wearing anything when I'm around my friend and her friends because we all have the same things on. And then I feel bad if I wear something else around them! UGH!

finley1991 said:
Becky that is so funny! When I went to my friend's kick-off show for LS, her recruiter did the show and did a recruiting "game." Everyone had to ask a question about the business. I didn't have one so I stayed quiet. Her recruiter was good because there were about 12 people there and she kept track of who asked the questions. When it got quiet and I thought she was moving on, she said, "We still have ONE guest left who NEEDS to ask a question about our opportunity!!!" (Really sing-songy and high-pitched!) And then she came and stood right in front of me, looking down on me. So I asked about the trips. What a horrible woman!!!! I was just wasting her time asking because I had no intention of signing. She gave me mean looks the rest of the night too!And yes, I too have ALL the jewelry that everyone else has. Not so special any more and I hate wearing anything when I'm around my friend and her friends because we all have the same things on. And then I feel bad if I wear something else around them! UGH!
WOW! They must all get trained the same way! She did that - went around the room and everyone had to have a question....but then she also kept on about making the show a perfect show - $500 in sales and 3 bookings - she actually told everyone how much their order needed to be in order to get to $500!::eek: :grumpy: and during order taking, she kept shouting out how much $ was still needed, and how many bookings were still needed for a "Perfect" show!Colleen, we will have to get together and wear our jewelry! AND I keep meaning to tell you that I had my own Personal Chef business for 4 years.......certified w/ the USPCA!

Last edited:
My cousin had a Premier Jewelry party a little while back. I find their jewelry to be comparable to Lia Sophia, but the consultant really harped on recruiting. She had a recruiting game with questions inside jewelry boxes and we each had to pick a box and ask the question inside the box. She acted as though she had never been asked the question before, when it was obvious that she had purposely picked those questions. I have heard that Premier's catalogs are REALLY expensive - like a couple of bucks each. And it felt really weird trying things on when the consultant kept telling us that most of her samples are also her personal jewelry (and we couldn't try on the earrings).

chefann said:
My cousin had a Premier Jewelry party a little while back. I find their jewelry to be comparable to Lia Sophia, but the consultant really harped on recruiting. She had a recruiting game with questions inside jewelry boxes and we each had to pick a box and ask the question inside the box. She acted as though she had never been asked the question before, when it was obvious that she had purposely picked those questions. I have heard that Premier's catalogs are REALLY expensive - like a couple of bucks each. And it felt really weird trying things on when the consultant kept telling us that most of her samples are also her personal jewelry (and we couldn't try on the earrings).

Because you never know where those earrings may have been!:yuck:

Yeah, but the way she said it was like she didn't trust our ears not to be grody. I almost asked my cousin for some rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball so I could sterilize some and try them on. :)

A lot of direct sales companies must push that kind of techniques to their reps because I too have come across that at other shows (Party Lite for one). I don't do the question game at my shows just because it is such a turn off for me at those shows.

I have been to alot of shows that are all about a recruiting commercial or she must get xx bookings and I hate that (one had the host say who she thought would be most likely to book - she picked me - lol I did not - I will not have my friends badgered to book - host totally understood!). One consultant barely talked about her products at all!

I have never been to a PC show that made me feel pressured. That's probably one of the things that attracted me to this company.

I make my show about the products and how generous the company is to their consultants and hosts. I do short commercials but they are sprinkled throughout and aren't in your face.

Maybe I could be a higher performer if I used some more high pressured techniques but that's not me.

Beth, I'm with you 100% on this one! I've been to "those" shows for other companies that were high-pressure. What a complete turn-off! Those are why I don't play a lot of the typical recruiting and bookings games.

We have such a great product line and host program, that we don't need to bully people in to hosting or signing! :)

BethCooks4U said:
A lot of direct sales companies must push that kind of techniques to their reps because I too have come across that at other shows (Party Lite for one). I don't do the question game at my shows just because it is such a turn off for me at those shows.

I have been to alot of shows that are all about a recruiting commercial or she must get xx bookings and I hate that (one had the host say who she thought would be most likely to book - she picked me - lol I did not - I will not have my friends badgered to book - host totally understood!). One consultant barely talked about her products at all!

I have never been to a PC show that made me feel pressured. That's probably one of the things that attracted me to this company.

I make my show about the products and how generous the company is to their consultants and hosts. I do short commercials but they are sprinkled throughout and aren't in your face.

Maybe I could be a higher performer if I used some more high pressured techniques but that's not me.

I actually went out and bought tickets to do the question game - but after having been to 2 different shows where it was done, I decided it just wasn't for me! One (LS) was extremely pushy, and the other (Discovery Toys) was stilted and boring.........so now I am trying to figure out how to use my tickets!

I have wondered about the idea that I would be a better recruiter, etc.....if I used more high-pressured techniques - but I just don't want to be that kind of consultant or person - and my director, and SR Director aren't like that either. I know Beth that you have been recruiting really well this year - just by being you. Disproving the fact that you have to be pushy and aggressive to do well. I take to heart all of your advice and wisdom here on CS, and want to build my business the way that you are building yours.

I think there is a way to do it without being overwhelming on the recruiting. If you sprinkle it in and not making the ticket segment too long or make everyone ask something, it's fine to put in. I did the pass-the-prize at my last show after my Why Bag and it all lasted less than 5 minutes. In a 60 minute show that's hardly overkill. I think what's great is that we can find a balance and we're not ALL about recruiting! We have some great products and a great host program we can slip in there every now and then!

My jaw is still on the floor about the message about the Perfect Party and the consultant telling people how much their orders needed to be! That horrifies me!!!!

Becky, you can use your tickets for "Have it, Love it" during your demo. People love that one, and it will increase your sales because people get to hear stories about products from other guests, not just you. Give a section of tix to one guest and have them be in charge of handing them out (so you don't get overly sidetracked from your demo). Then you draw one at the end for another door prize. Or give a gift to the person with the most tickets.

I think having been to some of these other types of parties has scared me off from talking about recruiting at my shows. I really don't want to turn people off from even wanting to come to a show just because they think I'll bug them about joining. So I basically just stopped mentioning it. After hearing about the recruiting "game"--can you call that a game!!!--I'm wondering about doing the ticket game at my shows now.

I hosted a party earlier this year for another DS company & almost all of it was about joining. The "game" was to go around & read a question on a paper & the first person to say the answer got a prize. But all of my family was turned off by the show & I was really embarrassed for hosting it because I really liked some of the products I used & thought it would be fun. She had said we could have a certain type of show & then when I told her the date & what kind of show I wanted, she said she wasn't doing that anymore (this was like 2 weeks later). I was really bummed about the experience & probably won't host shows anymore--definitely not these kind. Which is a bummer b/c I'm sort of friends with this person & she LOVES PC. The only party I may ever host in the future is Tastefully Simple. I really like sampling all the goodies & the person who has done my SIL's shows I've been to doesn't even TALK about booking or recruiting--not sure how great it is for her business--but at least I know my family & friends won't be turned off for her being pushy!

I also used tickets when I did on-time drawings. People would write their name on the back of the ticket when they arrived & I would draw a name from there. I didn't want them filling out their DPDS too early so the tickets worked nicely.

chefann said:
Becky, you can use your tickets for "Have it, Love it" during your demo. People love that one, and it will increase your sales because people get to hear stories about products from other guests, not just you. Give a section of tix to one guest and have them be in charge of handing them out (so you don't get overly sidetracked from your demo). Then you draw one at the end for another door prize. Or give a gift to the person with the most tickets.

That has been my problem when I've done the Have It Love It game - I lose my train of thought so easily - maybe I could have the host hand out the tickets? I've just thrown candy in the past......

I let someone handle it - the host or a chatty guest. I also have them give a ticket to the person who reads the guest special for the month 3 times during the show (they read it to the group when I'm doing something repetitive with the demo).

I have a bingo game that I made to use during my shows. Basically, I put names of products that I always demo and words of things I talk about (round up from the heart, Get Paid to Party, Hosting a show). It has worked well because the guests pay attention to what I am talking about and it helps me to make sure I talk about somethings that I don't like to. It also makes it very stress free for me and my guests. If anyone wants to see it let me know and I can email it to you. I did a presentation on it at my last cluster meeting.

WOW! I didn't know much about liasophia jewlery. I wonder how similar it is to Premier Designs. I have another friend who sells liasophia jewlery, too (in a different state). But I've never really talked with her about the details. She and her mom buy PC from me. :)

I believe the Premier Designs consultant I know gets most of her jewelry kit for free every year by earning it through sales. They get a new kit every year so that customers stick around (and can't say they basically own everything). I just remembered that she did 100 shows last year!!!! I remember her talking about walking the stage as conference. So I'm trying to figure this out...if she did 100 shows (2 times per week) and assuming she averages $1000 per show at 50% profit and then makes 10% of what every recruit under her sells. Hmmm, she's not doing too bad. :eek: No wonder she's able to take everyone out to dinner and fly all over the place.

I attended one of her shows where we drove two hours to get there and she didn't do games or the pressure talk, thankfully. Of course, her schedule was already booked for the year so she honestly didn't seem to need to book more shows at the time.

Related to Comparing Other Ds Companies!?

1. How does TPC compare to other direct sales companies in terms of free incentives?

TPC is known for its generous free incentives for consultants, including the new recruiting deal, first 90 day program, and ongoing incentives throughout the year. Many other direct sales companies also offer similar incentives, such as cars and trips, but TPC is known for offering a wide range of free products and rewards year round.

2. What is the new recruiting deal offered by TPC?

The new recruiting deal at TPC is a special offer for new consultants who join the company. It often includes a discounted starter kit and additional free products or rewards for reaching certain sales or recruitment goals within the first few months of joining.

3. Does TPC offer a first 90 day program for new recruits?

Yes, TPC offers a first 90 day program for new recruits. This program is designed to help new consultants get off to a strong start by offering support, training, and incentives to help them reach their goals in the first 90 days of joining the company.

4. What are some other incentives or rewards offered by TPC throughout the year?

TPC offers a variety of incentives and rewards throughout the year, including free products, discounts, trips, and bonuses for reaching sales and recruitment goals. These incentives may vary each year and are often tied to specific product launches or promotions.

5. How does TPC compare to other direct sales companies in terms of free products for consultants?

TPC is known for its generous offering of free products to consultants, both as rewards for reaching goals and as part of special promotions. While other direct sales companies may also offer free products, TPC is known for consistently providing a wide range of free products to its consultants year round.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • PCMelissa
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • raebates