• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do You Love TPampered Chef?

In summary, the Cookie Lee party was held after Cookie Lee retired from her county job. Cookie Lee discussed her business with the guests and revealed that they get 50% off merchandise and each season they must buy at least $275 worth of new product, which would worry the guest. They also have to set up their own merchant account and pay a monthly or per transaction fee. They must pick up their order at the local wherehouse and deliver it to the host. Host rewards are offered.
heat123
Silver Member
I went to a Cookie lee party (neighbor re-opened her Biz) after retiring from the county and so I asked her some ??? re: her biz.
1. They get 50% off merchandise
2. Each season they buy a min. of $275 in New season's product (but they have to choose their selection) which would worry me that it would't sell. I'd rather get a variety pack of suggested presorted packs.
3.They have to set up their own Credit card merchant and pay a monthly or per transaction fee.
4. They have to pick up their order shipment at the local wherehouse and deliver to host.
5. They pay host rewards

Those were the only ??? I asked. Boy do I sure love TPC and how we are treated! Want to compare other DS companies that you know of... I know there was an older thread re: Mary K I think but it's just fun to post these things occassionally so we can see why TPC rocks!:) :D :p ;)

Earning products is not a normal thing in the DS companies I know of. Also, no inventory!!!

It is interesting that many times companies that pay more in commission, do NOT pay for many of the things PC pays for. Host benefits (CM pays for their own), shipping to host so we aren't the middle people if we don't want to be and even bags! That shocked me that it's something they have to buy!!Why I love PC. I get to earn product (odd thing too...huh!), can earn trips (or cash) even though I'm "just" a consultant, and our products actually HELP people. I cook much better now b/c (big shocker) I've got better cookware and tools! Granted, I think CM & Usborne Books do that too. I'm addicted to books and anything that preserves memories is great.

I love PC because I really like the products. I could never sell jewelry, no matter how high the commission is. I would not be good at selling candles because they get boring after a while. I also couldn't sell purses because I don't care.
I constantly hear others saying that Pampered Chef is the only party/show they will go to. I could sell Creative Memories except everyone and their sister and mother sell it, and I've pretty much moved onto digital CM.
I appreciate that PC picks up the tab for people using credit cards and debit cards. My CM friend has to pay the fees for that.
You don't really need to go to shows for other things like jewelry and candles because how much more is there to learn once you've been to a couple of tose shows. There are always new techniques and recipes with PC. People love to eat, too.
I use the products every day all day long. What other product can you sell, other than skin care products, that you use so much? I can't get even four people together for a skin care party.
Need I say more? I might later...

I have to agree--what we sell deal with something that people have to do. Everyone eats. Almost everyone cooks. We sell things that people need, and our products are really fantastic.

I had no idea that other companies didn't pay for CC transactions or that they had consultants picking up orders. I've always been glad that we don't have to carry inventory. I would never know what to buy--my hosts and guests always surprise me! I can't imagine having to buy new products each season if I didn't earn them or want to buy them--ugh.

PC ROCKS!!!!

Pampered Chef so appreciates us!

When I arrived at the lobby in Atlantis, I was greeted by two ladies who whooped it up cheering for me and congratulating me for earning the trip.

Last year on the cruise, one of the main HO ladies took the time to personally thank me for all the hard work I had done.

I have an avon consultant who just hosted a catalog show for me (she is in a diff. state and we've never met in person), and she is interested in the opportunity possibly this fall, so we've been chatting and comparing notes. She told me that her catalogs are 5.85 for TEN, and new ones every 2 weeks. That would be over $150 a year to just buy one pack of catalogs every two weeks. Outrageous! She also said that her website service is $7.50 every two weeks, more than double what we pay for a year. Plus, and granted I haven't looked at an Avon catalog in awhile, their prices are generally much lower so you'd have to sell A LOT to just make up your expenses. How do those Avon ladies afford to put catalogs on every door in their neighborhoods? I am stingy with my catalogs and they cost less and last 6 months!

I've also talked with a close to my heart (scrapbook/stamping DS) consultant who hosted for me and we compared some notes. She told me that she collects retail cost and then she pays a lower cost to the company depending on volume for the month (so basically her commission goes up as volume goes up). Avon works the same way. But I personally prefer the customers paying for the stuff and consultants getting a check cut to pay the commission... it is much more like getting a paycheck than like "keeping a cut" and I think it is easier when it comes to taxes. Plus, for out of state catalog shows I urge my hosts to close the whole show out on a credit card and collect checks from friends made out to themselves, that way I don't have to mess with the money at all and it is processed much faster.

Not having to deliver people's stuff... that is a true keeper. I hate doing that when I host a party (I have a good friends stuff on my dining room table right now b/c we keep forgetting even when she is at my house)--I can't imagine the time to do that for everyone's orders. I know Mary Kay consultants deliver all their own crap. Not having to carry inventory, not paying for hostess benefits/guest specials, earning free product and buying it at the start of the season at 1/2 price... it's all good. The ONLY thing I am not thrilled with is our discount at the consultant level--20%--I think that could be a little more generous since what I would purchase would be for personal use or to demo with, not to gift or resell. They could even limit it to one of each item per year if the reselling is a concern, although I guess that's why they have kit enhancement month.

And of course I love the products or else I wouldn't do this--couldn't sell something I didn't believe in, and when you do believe it you're hardly selling it, you're sharing it! ;)

The biggest selling point for me...

NO Inventory!

Funny you mentioned AVON, I tried it for 6 months and hated it (although I was kind of roped into it by my cousin) ! The cattys came out every two weeks, we had to buy in bulk to get a discount on them 100 at a time! I bought 100-300 per campaign= $560 a year if I stuck to it (that's the min. 100 bulk). We had to deliver and build a clientelle by canvassing (dropping cattys at houses or businesses). And sales were $5-15 orders on average!
No wonder why I didn't make any $$$ in the short time I tried it! EEK! And ofcourse if I tried to focus on home parties I would have paid for the host rewards.
No rewards except maybe a brief recognition at a meeting for doing top sales in the district! And no free product, or free trips!

No wonder why I love TPC soo much!

One reason I love PC is because of our high show averages! The guests that love PC, love PC and always want more! I have had a few hosts comment to me about how they have had shows with other companies and if a guest can't come, they don't order; but with PC, if they can't come, they still want to see a catalog and place an order! My shows are all about outside orders, they add up so quickly!! And, many people don't mind spending money at our parties because it's something they can "justify". They will use our products regularly and they will make their lives easier!
I just hosted a bomb of a PartyLite party! I usually have 12-15 in attendance at any home party I host, so sales are usually pretty good. Well, this one fell on a bad night and I only had 3 guests here, I made my reminder calls two nights before the show and most people said they couldn't come and nobody even wanted to see a catalog! That just doesn't happen with PC.
So, I think the fact that our products sell themselves is a huge bonus to us consultants!
I also agree with all of the other benefits mentioned, I just think this is an additional bonus that we may not always think about!
Edited to add: PartyLite consultants have to sell $500/month to remain active!

heat123 said:
Funny you mentioned AVON, I tried it for 6 months and hated it (although I was kind of roped into it by my cousin) ! The cattys came out every two weeks, we had to buy in bulk to get a discount on them 100 at a time! I bought 100-300 per campaign= $560 a year if I stuck to it (that's the min. 100 bulk). We had to deliver and build a clientelle by canvassing (dropping cattys at houses or businesses). And sales were $5-15 orders on average!
No wonder why I didn't make any $$$ in the short time I tried it! EEK! And ofcourse if I tried to focus on home parties I would have paid for the host rewards.
No rewards except maybe a brief recognition at a meeting for doing top sales in the district! And no free product, or free trips!

No wonder why I love TPC soo much!

Holy cow, how does anyone make money with Avon? All your money would be flying out the door in marketing expense.

dwyerkim said:
Holy cow, how does anyone make money with Avon? All your money would be flying out the door in marketing expense.
Recruiting was how to make your money I think. It only costs $10 to start up so you can recruit bundles at a time I would imagine!

The other thing I like about PC compared to Acon You can buy directly from Avon I have no respect for any DS company that accepts orders that are not through their consultants Talk about competitiion

I love that when I'm doing an expo, I'm about the ONLY table guys stop by and shop at!! And when I'm closing a show with a woman on the phone, many times her husband is right there picking out some stuff are is playing with the products before the show starts. We truly have something for everyone. I always laugh when someone says "oh, well I don't cook". What's your point? Neither did I! That's the great thing. We have stuff for great cooks, for wannabe cooks and for non-cooks. I had someone spend almost $100 after informing me that she no longer had to cook now that her kids were grown. I said...great! You'll want the quick-stir, can opener, pizza cutter, etc. All of the non-cooking items.How many other companies can say that? Not everyone loves candles, wears jewelry, or like to decorate from a catalog. Everyone has to eat. I couldn't "sell" anything else and am thrilled I don't have to sell PC either!

I did 3 shows last week. Show #1 had 4 bookings and $514 in sales. Show #2 3 bookings and$601 in sales. Show #3 had 2 bookings, $630 in sales and the host is considering signing up. Those shows total $1,745, but most of my shows double and a lot triple when I leave them.

So, if they only double then I should have sales of $3,490 or $1,047 in commission!!!

That is why I love PC!

Plus, Hosts and guests know and love everything about Pampered Chef, and they eagerly welcome us into their homes!

There are no guilt purchases or buyers remorse when they buy our products.

I think the number one reason I love Pampered Chef is that the Home office listens and supports their consultants 100%. To date, I have never had a time that they haven't been able to make the customer completely happy.

chefjenibel said:
I just hosted a bomb of a PartyLite party! I usually have 12-15 in attendance at any home party I host, so sales are usually pretty good. Well, this one fell on a bad night and I only had 3 guests here, I made my reminder calls two nights before the show and most people said they couldn't come and nobody even wanted to see a catalog! That just doesn't happen with PC.
So, I think the fact that our products sell themselves is a huge bonus to us consultants!
I also agree with all of the other benefits mentioned, I just think this is an additional bonus that we may not always think about!
Edited to add: PartyLite consultants have to sell $500/month to remain active!
I totally agree! Wow- $500 A MONTH To stay active Yikes!
A current MK rep who said she used to sell TPC said she didn't like it because of the "quota" she was expected to sell $200 every month??? Did it used to be everymonth rather than every two months? Just curious?

It's been every 2 months for 6 years. I can't speak to what it was before I started, though.

But doesn't MK have quotas too, I thought I read on one of these threads they do have a min. per month?? Maybe not though since she didn't complain about it?

Oh, how about companies that charge a yearly "membership" fee? A Southern Living at Home consultant told me about that... maybe it's instead of quotas?

Wow, good to know....and now I know why I REALLY love TPC! :eek:

I had a friend who almost joined Premier designs Jewlrey till she found out it cost $300 ( maybee $350 I can remember for sure) a year just to be a consultant. No idea about quotas.....

1. Why do you love Pampered Chef?

I love Pampered Chef because of their high-quality kitchen tools and products that make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient. Their products are also durable and long-lasting, which makes them a great investment for any home cook.

2. What sets Pampered Chef apart from other kitchen brands?

Pampered Chef stands out from other kitchen brands because of their commitment to providing top-notch customer service and support. They also offer a wide range of products that cater to different cooking needs and styles, making it a one-stop-shop for all kitchen essentials.

3. How does Pampered Chef ensure the quality of their products?

Pampered Chef has a rigorous quality control process in place to ensure that all their products meet the highest standards. This includes testing and evaluating products for durability, safety, and functionality before they are released to the market.

4. Can you tell me more about the Pampered Chef consultant program?

The Pampered Chef consultant program is a great opportunity for individuals to earn income by sharing their love for cooking and the brand's products with others. Consultants receive training, support, and rewards for their sales and can also build a team to grow their business further.

5. What are some must-have products from Pampered Chef?

While all Pampered Chef products are excellent, some must-haves include their stoneware, non-stick cookware, and kitchen gadgets such as the garlic press and veggie spiralizer. These products are versatile and make cooking enjoyable and efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • LibrarianChef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rennea
  • pamperedbecky