• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Closing a Bridal Shower Show

Mar 9, 2010
Okay...I put all the info. into P3. I added the Bride as the co-host and the Groom as a guest.

Here's my problem. I put all the orders in for the guests themselves and everything that was purchased for the bride under the groom's name. I have 3 people that bought for the bride with a credit card. And as we all know, you can't have more than 2 different cc numbers for one guest. How do you put those 3 orders in w/3 different cc's?

Also, the direct shipping charge for the groom is $35, once I get the other guests shipping costs in there it comes down to $29.00...guess I have to foot that bill???

Thanks for your help!!! I'm going insane trying to figure this out :eek:

Careyann

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2010
As far as your credit card question, just put those credit cards on the people's order who made them. As in put their total in as the total actual charge which includes the purchase for the bride. It will be more than the order but all it will do is warn you that amounts don't match, it won't prevent you from submitting the show. Then you will also be short the brides order but again, it's not a big deal, it all comes out in the end.

Why do you have such a large direct shipping bill for the groom, isn't everything going to them?

Mar 9, 2010
Thanks for the credit card issue! all the guests orders are coming to me b/c they are all local and the mother of the bride isn't. The bride and grooms orders are both going to them. The Groom's order totals $300 and some dollars (which is all the gifts from the guests to them) so the direct shipping is on $300 and some dollars...I did something wrong there, didn't I?!

Careyann

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2010
I probably would have charged each person more in shipping on each of the brides order to make sure you had that covered. I know on mine I would charge them .25 on each of the brides order to cover the shipping cost but that was on the regular $4.25 shipping, with direct you definitely would have wanted to up that to at least cover the majority of the actual cost.
That stinks you have to take on that cost, I guess we all live and learn on these things! Hopefully it was a big show and your commission check is a good one!

smspamperedchef

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 24, 2007
Well, I would enter the guests orders as one order coming to you. Basically so their shipping charges would cover the bride/grooms being shipped elsewhere. Or you can have the bride/groom's order as the main address and your address as the direct to ship rate but I would still combine the orders as one. Everyone's individual shipping should most likely cover the direct shipping. HTH!

Are the bride and groom and mother in law all out of the area?

Mar 9, 2010
Thanks Sharon...I think I will do that. If I put everyone's orders in separately 1st, I can print each one a receipt, correct? Then, put them all in as one order?

Yes, both the bride & groom and mother in law are out of the area. We had the party at her sister in laws house, which is near mine. So, I'm going to have them come here, sort them and meet them all to deliver. I don't mind b/c they are close and it wasn't a huge party! not many outside orders at all....for all that work! ugh!!! Oh well, at least I got the practice and they all had fun :)

Careyann

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2010
The only problem I see with doing all as one order is those 3 credit cards, you would still have to split at least one of them out to make that part work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Roadtripray
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views